Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Binflyin
Special New Years Eve menu in the Signature Suite. I asked the bartender about the JW Blue and he thought it was a limited time offer but wasn't certain. I think most of the senior staff have New Years eve off. Very quiet in here today

Looks great!

Not surprising that it is a bit quiet on NYE. I took a look at AC3 today and it was 0/30 in J!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
For anyone wondering how many people per INTL flight are invited to the Signature Suite, I was able to glean some information from a visit there a while ago.

The day I flew, there were 20 AC INTL flights eligible for SS access, with total capacity of 660 seats. I got that capacity number from the AC App for each flight that was listed that day on the Departures screen..... ie how many J cabin seats were showing as available for each flight.

Of those 20 flights, 580 of the 660 J cabin seats were already occupied, again according to the AC App. I was on one of the earlier flights of the day, so only a handful of actual loads were available (the remainder subject to increasing loads as the day went on). Of course, most AC flights will leave with a full (or nearly full) J cabin as upgrades are processed, but those are not eligible for SS access anyways.

On the day I was there, the number that the SS was given in the morning was that a potential 515 visitors could come into the SS. That means that 89% of the already occupied seats in J Cabin were eligible for access- which in turn should mean that 89% of those seats were paid J cabin, as opposed to AP seats, upgraded seats or bid-upgrade seats. I though this was an impressive number for AC.

There were 5 flights that all Passengers currently in the J Cabin had access to the SS. Further, there was an additional 7 flights where the percentage of those with SS access was >90%. In other words, 12 out of 20 of the AC flights that day had eligibility of 90% or more for SS.

The lowest eligibility was for a flight that the App showed left with 20 J-Cabin passengers out of a capacity of 30.....with only 9 of those eligible for SS (45%) ...ie meaning 11 of the 20 were not paid J cabin.

Four flights were showing in the App as already fully booked in J cabin (Ie no upgrades or LMUs available)....But only one flight was already full in J AND had 100% eligibility for SS.

Interesting statistics, albeit a small sample size.
freakfor747, canadiancow and 5mm like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I am flying on an award ticket from LAX-YYZ-LHR on AC in J. I understand that award tickets do not quality for the SS, however, is it possible for travelers on INT AC J to purchase accces to the SS?

Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by freakfor747
Hi everyone,

I am flying on an award ticket from LAX-YYZ-LHR on AC in J. I understand that award tickets do not quality for the SS, however, is it possible for travelers on INT AC J to purchase accces to the SS?

Thanks!
@freakfor747

No, sorry.

You have access to the YYZ International MLL, at least.
freakfor747 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm booked on AC ZRH-YYZ-HAV, last segment is AC code but operated by Air Canada Rouge, Class is J.
Are AC operated by Air Canada Rouge flights to HAV eligible to enter the lounge?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Atlantico
I'm booked on AC ZRH-YYZ-HAV, last segment is AC code but operated by Air Canada Rouge, Class is J.
Are AC operated by Air Canada Rouge flights to HAV eligible to enter the lounge?
As @yyznomad wrote:
Originally Posted by yyznomad

No, sorry.

You have access to the YYZ International MLL, at least.
​​​​​​​

As per the Air Canada website:

*Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. All bookings in R (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, AC Bid Upgrades) and I (including, but not limited to, Aeroplan® Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards® for travel on Air Canada flights or Star Alliance® member airlines, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I’m pretty sure we can sum it all up by saying that if you have to ask, you don’t have access.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
I’m pretty sure we can sum it all up by saying that if you have to ask, you don’t have access.
Eh I don't know about that.

I think flying UA 8550 on a P fare could be confusing enough to warrant a question, even though it definitely gets you in.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Well, I would say this....

Some people who ask, have not read the wiki or looked at the AC website page. Some did not look at the AC app which shows lounge access per trip per flight - and yes, there are errors as we have seen upthread, but it's a start. Some don't know it's on the app.

I would give credit to those who ask on AC FT - especially if they are not "locals" and are flying AC on another ticket stock or it's not their regular carrier. However, I think AC could do a far better job "communicating".

I showed ACstaff my paper and digital BPs from other airlines, where the lounge invitation is on the front or back. Those airlines have also let me know which lounges I may use.

If pax check in at a counter (e.g. with luggage), then AC has the opportunity to have their staff let the pax know which lounge they can enter for that flight.

OTOH, when pax go straight to security with the own BPs, some may indeed not know which lounge for reasons I wrote above.

On some of my recent visits to the Suite, I have seen a number of people show up with J tickets to sun destinations, J tickets on another *A airline, Y tickets but demand entry because they are "SEs, AC's top tier".

Others are just bullies and rude. I saw one guy get all "cranky" because he tried to get it but did not have the right ticket. He turned and left. Some have been much less pleasant to the concierges at the entry desks.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I just feel it’s pretty clearly stated on the website and it’s up to pax to inform themselves. It’s not ambiguous in this case: paid J on a ticket to EU, Asia, or SA. That’s it.

I think people make a fuss because it’s embarrassing to be turned away.

SEs may feel entitled to it, but there are simply too many of us. The place would be full in no time and it would defeat the intended purpose.

The model works. In my case I actively search for P fares instead of N because I’m curious and want to experience it. That’s the point, right? Get people to spend money on J? So far I haven’t been successful given my work rules and the fact that I don’t do leisure travel but I’m sure there are many people out there who have paid for a J ticket over doing an eUp just for this experience.

Agree that AC could do a better job of making people aware of what lounge (if any) their BP entitles them to, but as you stated it IS in the app.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I just feel it’s pretty clearly stated on the website and it’s up to pax to inform themselves. It’s not ambiguous in this case: paid J on a ticket to EU, Asia, or SA. That’s it.
Something can be confusing without being ambiguous.

It is confusing to me why AC treats (once they got entitled) miles/eUps/OpUps differently then paid customers. Marriott treats me as good (if not better!) on points then paying cash; I don't know about other airlines, it seems the UA Polaris rules are quite different then the SSL. Not that they need to be the same, but it doesn't lead to a straight forward and obvious conclusion for the casual, or even experienced, traveler.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

I think people make a fuss because it’s embarrassing to be turned away.

SEs may feel entitled to it, but there are simply too many of us. The place would be full in no time and it would defeat the intended purpose.

The model works. In my case I actively search for P fares instead of N because I’m curious and want to experience it. That’s the point, right? Get people to spend money on J? So far I haven’t been successful given my work rules and the fact that I don’t do leisure travel but I’m sure there are many people out there who have paid for a J ticket over doing an eUp just for this experience.

Agree that AC could do a better job of making people aware of what lounge (if any) their BP entitles them to, but as you stated it IS in the app.
For New year's, I considered going the upgrade route. However, I wanted to sit in J. It turns out I would have cleared, but I'm not sure if my companion would have (E75K at the time), and the savings weren't worth the risk.

The SS was nice to have, but the cost difference in tickets would have more than paid for the same food and drinks.

Originally Posted by RangerNS
Something can be confusing without being ambiguous.

It is confusing to me why AC treats (once they got entitled) miles/eUps/OpUps differently then paid customers. Marriott treats me as good (if not better!) on points then paying cash; I don't know about other airlines, it seems the UA Polaris rules are quite different then the SSL. Not that they need to be the same, but it doesn't lead to a straight forward and obvious conclusion for the casual, or even experienced, traveler.
I think it's mostly due to space. Opups would never happen early enough to get into the lounge.

They would also need to adjust bid and LMU prices a bit.

But I'm not convinced they'd have a monetary issue with something like an upgraded SE, if the SS had more space.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
A 3 mm SEI know was travelling on a full paid J with his partner who is E50 and travelling with him on points in biz and when he asked the Concierge at check in if there were any exceptions to the guest / points policy for the SS he was politely told no. So if he/she does not get it in no one should.

Having said that I have on a couple of occasions enjoyed Laufthans' first class terminal in Frankfort when travelling on Aeroplan points in their first class and was treated exactly the same as a revenue customer, but then again they have more than enough space between all of their lounges and it is my understanding that their equivalents of SE are entitled to use that terminal regardless of fair category
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:58 pm
Suspended

This debate of who "should" be allowed into the Signature Suite has been going on since the start of this thread.

It really doesn't matter if anyone thinks they should get in for whatever reason. It doesn't matter if UA Polaris or LH F lounges let people in on awards tickets in J or F, respectively.

AC made a decision based on their own criteria of which pax would be allowed entry. AC also has a space that is significantly smaller than either the SFO or ORD Polaris, the LH F FRA FCT or FCL, even SQ's The Private Room.

I flew on an Aeroplan ticket and my options were the AC MLL or the PP/AX lounge.

Anyway, it just wasn't pretty watching the nonsense of people whining about not getting in. Human nature being what it is, some who showed up there really were confused, although I'm not sure why. Others clearly intended to try and get in because they thought their qualifications should based on how long the tape measure is.
Dover2Golf and 5mm like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:04 am
Suspended

Nice and quiet here right now

D582, jasdou and songsc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.