Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Am about to book a AC flight for MIA-YYZ-CPH in J.

I have the option of choosing a MIA departure at noon or at 4.30 pm. The former will give me 5,5 hours layover, the latter just 1 hour 15 min. I've never travelled throgh YYZ before, but presume that the short layover will not leave enough time to visit this lounge. I'm quite eager to try it out, but of course wary that over 5 hours is a bit excessive.

Which departure would people in here choose?

TIA
I'd suggest the longer layover - not only will you get to enjoy the lounge, but there will be no stress over a potentially tight connection. Have the Hawksworth burger - it's really yummy.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
YHZ is 11AM too. Unless you are only *G. In which case they discriminate against you, and its 11AM.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RangerNS
YHZ is 11AM too. Unless you are only *G. In which case they discriminate against you, and its 11AM.
Are you referring to something upthread regarding 11AM alcohol?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by yyznomad
+1,000 with the others above.

Also, an AC international flight begins boarding approximately 1 hour prior to departure, so keep that in mind. You simply won't have much time to enjoy the SSL, if your flight from MIA arrives on time.

Operative word here is on time. It’s winter. Stuff happens.

FYI, I’m with the others. Enjoy the lounge. The champagne is cold and excellent.
jc94 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
Originally Posted by Bartolo

Operative word here is on time. It’s winter. Stuff happens.

FYI, I’m with the others. Enjoy the lounge. The champagne is cold and excellent.
Thanks for all the response.

I've settled on the longer layover 5,5 hour layover rather than the short one. More importantly - and to myself surprisingly easily - I've convinced the missus that leaving the Miami sunshine behind to sit around in an airport lounge for half a day is worth it. Not stressing about missing our TATL and the promise of a steady flow of Champagne aided that argument.
TPJ, Plumber and chazbag like this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite

I've settled on the longer layover 5,5 hour layover rather than the short one. More importantly - and to myself surprisingly easily - I've convinced the missus that leaving the Miami sunshine behind to sit around in an airport lounge for half a day is worth it. Not stressing about missing our TATL and the promise of a steady flow of Champagne aided that argument.
As long as we are all 100% in agreement that you are on a paid J ticket (not a points ticket nor an upgraded ticket) Mrs GroovyFly will be happy with you.
groovyfly likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
As long as we are all 100% in agreement that you are on a paid J ticket (not a points ticket nor an upgraded ticket) Mrs GroovyFly will be happy with you.
More importantly, his/her wife/partner is on a paid J ticket.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma

I've settled on the longer layover 5,5 hour layover rather than the short one. More importantly - and to myself surprisingly easily - I've convinced the missus that leaving the Miami sunshine behind to sit around in an airport lounge for half a day is worth it. Not stressing about missing our TATL and the promise of a steady flow of Champagne aided that argument. :)
A much better meal than on the plane.

Keep in mind, if you are on time arriving at YYZ, you could even potentially leave the airport. Well, not advisable if the weather is bad. Going to the SSL does not preclude visiting the MLL if you need newspapers, business centre or shower room.

Also might be helpful to know the SSL has more than one seating area. For the meal, the “dining room” is much more comfortable. There’s the buffet area but the menu is definitely not as interesting. There are also reading areas. You have time to try them all.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Signature Suite and MLL invitation feature that appeared yesterday on my AC iOS app. (perhaps those on Android have had it for a while, but still worth mentioning)

I think this is a great. SQ has their invitation to the lounge on the flip side of the digital BP in wallet. Other airlines offer different formats.

Obviously I edited out name, destination and dates.

I clicked the "You're invited...."

And it takes you to the next page with the list of flight dates, origin airports and the lounges you have access to based on ticket (I presume)

I think this is extremely helpful especially for those who are not FFs or even FTers, such as those who buy J but have no status or don't know the benefits of their ticket and/or their status.

NOT-FUN FACT: I observed on recent visits to the Signature Suite and in conversations with AC employees, many people are just showing up to the Suite with the incorrect assumption that they can enter with their BPs.

It seems there are those coming to the Signature Suite have no idea which lounge they are entitled to use, others don't care and will make some "noise" to gain entry.

Some are on tickets to Sun destinations, some are on tickets from other *A carriers, some assume they can get in based on being 100K but flying on Y tickets. And I'm quite sure the lovely concierges are not happy being the Suite Police.

I showed some of the AC staff the BPs and lounge invitations I had from other airlines. The said they've told AC and they suggested we tell AC.

Well, it seems AC was already on it.

Now, we still have to assume that everyone has the AC app. We have to assume everyone looks at the app. We have to assume everyone clicks the Lounge Access topic and we have to also assume people can read, understand what they are reading and most importantly, go to the lounge they are entitled to use.

Still this is rather cool for Air Canada, so congrats?

gabdusch likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by 24left
Signature Suite and MLL invitation feature that appeared yesterday on my AC iOS app.
Still this is rather cool for Air Canada, so congrats?
I had not seen this, so thank you for pointing it out! I see it now on my iPhone app.

For my flight tomorrow, at YYZ, I have the option of:
1) International Lounge- (the link in the App takes me to the AC website)... or
2) Signature Suite - (The App brings up some lovely pictures of food, booze and a map to the SS)

HHHmmmm- which should I choose ??
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a map in the app that shows you where each lounge is that one is eligible for?

I can still see people, after seeing their eligible lounges, still attempt entry at the SSL thinking it's the MLL. And then complain about the trek back to the MLL or whatever works for them.

As for the "Suite Police", I'd prefer to call them Police Who Are Sweet People (PWASP).
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Is there a map in the app that shows you where each lounge is that one is eligible for?
Yes- either the map is in the App (Signature Suite) or the App calls up the AC site , where it will show you where your eligible lounge is. The webpage opens inside the App.

I can still see people, after seeing their eligible lounges, still attempt entry at the SSL thinking it's the MLL. And then complain about the trek back to the MLL or whatever works for them.
I am sure this is happening on a regular basis.

As for the "Suite Police", I'd prefer to call them Police Who Are Sweet People (PWASP)
​​​​​​​Hahaha
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Further to my post above with the Signature Suite and MLL invitations in the app, this is what I showed various AC staff. For SQ, it's on the reverse side of the digital BP. However, not everyone will look there. I've met people who don't know the BPs have a flip side. And of course airlines like SQ and BR and NH still issues either printed invitations on BP card stock or, it's printed on the front of the BP.

Still, also cool.

The nice thing with the AC app lounge invitation format is that it's right on the front page of the app itself. More likely to be noticed I would think.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That has been in the app for quite a while.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended

I can still see people, after seeing their eligible lounges, still attempt entry at the SSL thinking it's the MLL. And then complain about the trek back to the MLL or whatever works for them. .......
Originally Posted by Plumber
......I am sure this is happening on a regular basis.
Daily.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That has been in the app for quite a while.
Perhaps on Android, but last night was the first time it appeared on my app. Still, nice feature.
Plumber likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.