Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Does anyone know what the current dinner menu is? The pics etc aren’t that recent and perhaps things have changed.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Does anyone know what the current dinner menu is? The pics etc aren’t that recent and perhaps things have changed.
Links to menus are on the AC Signature Suite page here

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ure-suite.html

Quote:
"Savour a complimentary sit-down meal from the ŕ la carte menu crafted for Air Canada by renowned chef David Hawksworth. Or, for a quick bite, choose from the bar items he also designed. This is in addition to the all-day buffet, which is also available for you to enjoy."

Last edited by 24left; Nov 12, 2018 at 6:22 pm
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:26 pm

It’s changed again

Originally Posted by 24left

Quote:
"Savour a complimentary sit-down meal from the ŕ la carte menu crafted for Air Canada by renowned chef David Hawksworth. Or, for a quick bite, choose from the bar items he also designed. This is in addition to the all-day buffet, which is also available for you to enjoy."

Foolishly didn’t take a pic but has been updated again. Starters have lost octopus but gained foie gras and chicken liver parfait, a (over cooked) risotto, mains also updated with a lightly smoked fish dish and desserts have lost vegan brownie but gained chic (aka choc) mousse with raspberry ice cream.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lallied

Foolishly didn’t take a pic but has been updated again. Starters have lost octopus but gained foie gras and chicken liver parfait, a (over cooked) risotto, mains also updated with a lightly smoked fish dish and desserts have lost vegan brownie but gained chic (aka choc) mousse with raspberry ice cream.
Does AC know the menu has changed and forgot to update the page for the Suite?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:47 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
International connection through YYZ today, and flying up front on a revenue ticket. Great chance to finally try out the SSL!

Oh, wait... I'm on rouge to BOG. Even though it cost more than many TATLs in J. So no access.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma

Quote:

Thanks! I was on that page but must have read too quickly. Missed the link.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
I had the Braised Beef a couple of days ago on the way to AMS, wow as usual AC just missed the boat, as AA UA and Delta are making spectacular lounges, AC ends up making a crowded restaurant. ( and calls it a lounge in its #1 airport in the world. sad ( the place was slammed at 7pm on a Sunday)
AMEX can do a better job.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mellon
I had the Braised Beef a couple of days ago on the way to AMS, wow as usual AC just missed the boat, as AA UA and Delta are making spectacular lounges, AC ends up making a crowded restaurant. ( and calls it a lounge in its #1 airport in the world. sad ( the place was slammed at 7pm on a Sunday)
AMEX can do a better job.
I've not been to the SSL, but the Centurion lounges in SFO and LAS have both been overcrowded whenever I've been there. Not to mention ratty old furniture and underwhelming food offerings. I haven't considered them to be much better than most of the MLLs and not nearly as nice as DL SCs.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I've not been to the SSL, but the Centurion lounges in SFO and LAS have both been overcrowded whenever I've been there. Not to mention ratty old furniture and underwhelming food offerings. I haven't considered them to be much better than most of the MLLs and not nearly as nice as DL SCs.
It’s pretty quiet during the day and up till 6 PM and then after eight or 830 but between seven and eight it’s really busy. All the tables are taken in the restaurant area and it’s hard to catch anybody in the bar area If you want anything at the table
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by mellon
Delta are making spectacular lounges
DL?

They only have regular Sky Lounges - nothing extra for TATL/TPAC C-class passengers. Just visit DL forum - folks moan all the time that they do not have dedicated long haul C-class lounges. AA Flagship Lounges are also very, very crowded during the peak hours and food-wise (IMHO) AC is better.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lallied

It’s pretty quiet during the day and up till 6 PM and then after eight or 830 but between seven and eight it’s really busy. All the tables are taken in the restaurant area and it’s hard to catch anybody in the bar area If you want anything at the table
Before the SSL, the MLL was so packed that we could only sit on the floor during the peak times for all of the mid evening TATLs.
Wings100 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad

Before the SSL, the MLL was so packed that we could only sit on the floor during the peak times for all of the mid evening TATLs.
true !
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:03 am
Suspended

Good morning from the Signature Suite

Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Good morning from the Signature Suite

Just missed you- was there Saturday afternoon! Bummer.

You are there early. Where are you heading?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 5:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Plumber

Just missed you- was there Saturday afternoon! Bummer.

You are there early. Where are you heading?
@Plumber

Awwww, it would have been awesome to see you
I’m on AC 15 this morning.

There are actually quite a few people in here. Mostly the LHR crowd.

And Paul the Barista Is charming me with his beautiful art

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.