Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by YLWguy
Hi All
We we are traveling to Israel at the end of the month, and we are both in J, , my wife has a P fare , and I have an R fare , because I used my E upgrades, the criteria on the Air Canada page regarding the Signature Lounge indicates that no upgrade tickets are eligible for entry, do you think they are that sticky about this if we go in together?
Tia
But I am sure your wife will love it!^
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
But I am sure your wife will love it!^
Doggie bag?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
I used this "Suite" for the first time last week. While the food and service was good, by the time Ieft the dinning room was full and new arrivals only had the buffet option. I think if people cannot get the full service this may backfire.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MQS007
I used this "Suite" for the first time last week. While the food and service was good, by the time Ieft the dinning room was full and new arrivals only had the buffet option. I think if people cannot get the full service this may backfire.
When I was there, you could order from the dining menu regardless of where you were sitting.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by dpy940307
Hi All,

I'll be flying LGA-YYZ-PVG in J soon. I really look forward to the signature suite. My layover in YYZ is ~3.5 hrs. Is that enough time to go through security/border and enjoy the a la carte dining in the suite? I've heard about frequent delays on LGA-YYZ. My flight is AC703 at 730am, not sure if that makes a difference. Based on flightaware it's had a pretty good on time record at least recently.
A side question, do most people just stay in the suite or do you go to the maple leaf lounge afterwards?
I'm very excited since this is my first all biz itinerary and my first reverse herringbone seat.

thx!
I was on LGA - YYZ - HKG. That flight has a much tighter connection time at 10am. The PVG flight departs 3 hours later, what do you think? You will have plenty of time, just like I did. Enjoy!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:28 pm
2MM

BTW you can order a Kosher meal in the Signature Lounge...........best to give them 30 minutes lead time to heat it.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by 2MM
BTW you can order a Kosher meal in the Signature Lounge...........best to give them 30 minutes lead time to heat it.
NO Microwave in SSL. - impressive 🙃
Old Oct 17, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 2MM
Can you order (and receive) other type of "SPML" meals in the SSL as well?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:15 pm

Is this lounge only open for mainline international business passengers? Is international Premium Rouge passengers able to get in?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by petah
Is this lounge only open for mainline international business passengers? Is international Premium Rouge passengers able to get in?
Premium Rouge does not have access to the YYZ SSL.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by petah
I thought (and my memory is getting bad.... ) that you don't even get complimentary MLL access for International Premium Rouge.

Turns out I was right. You can buy MLL access on Premium Rouge in advance (not day of according to ac.com).

Last edited by yyz_atc_qq; Oct 18, 2018 at 6:29 pm Reason: added the word complimentary
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Intercontinental Premium rouge is marketed and sold as PY, which does not entitled you to any lounge access.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Does anyone have experience with access to SSL on a mixed fare class tx? Outbound TATL in revenue J from YYZ but return in PE with upgrade to J. Those kinds of tx always say rules of the most restricted fare apply. Most restricted fare is J portion of the tx (P).

Assuming access will be granted but still wondering.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Does anyone have experience with access to SSL on a mixed fare class tx? Outbound TATL in revenue J from YYZ but return in PE with upgrade to J. Those kinds of tx always say rules of the most restricted fare apply. Most restricted fare is J portion of the tx (P).

Assuming access will be granted but still wondering.

Such tickets are constrained on changes, and do not affect lounge access rules.

No different than if my outbound, notwithstanding status, I purchased a Latitude fare and the return a Standard fare. I am still allowed free seat selection on the outbound regardless of my return.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Such tickets are constrained on changes, and do not affect lounge access rules.

No different than if my outbound, notwithstanding status, I purchased a Latitude fare and the return a Standard fare. I am still allowed free seat selection on the outbound regardless of my return.
What I assumed but appreciate the confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.