Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Agree the lounge is smaller and it's really nice. I would say the buffet is meh but the a la carte was superb. I enjoyed my lunch there then the Kaseki meal en route to HND!

I can see why they can't accept guests due to the capacity issue during certain hours.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 24left
Respectfully, disagree. Air Canada established the rules. They seem clear and yet there are still those who are trying to find a way to access it for themselves or others travelling with them when one or more do not have the required paid J tickets.

I've always believed that the main group the Signature Suite was designed for are the afternoon-evening TATL customers. The food is more dramatic than breakfast and of course one can have a drink (not the case for those departing on AC 15 at 10:00 am, due to nanny-state Ontario etc with the 11:00 am rules).

These customers - especially to destinations like LHR, CDG, FRA, MUC and similar - have relatively short flight times. Having dinner in the Suite allows them to maximize sleep time if they want. I think this concept is a great idea.

Also, from my own personal experiences, I am one of many who fly TPAC and mostly via YVR, either due to schedule, availability or YVR is the departure point for those TPAC flights. As such, I do not have access to the Suite because it is in the international area and because my outbound is on a domestic transcon. It would have been nice for those of us on paid J international tickets that depart from another Canadian city, to have access, but I accept the limitations. Perhaps if AC can get it done, YVR will have a Suite or similar.
What has surprised me is the % of Customers who have experienced and dined in the SSL, and then had the full dinner on board.
The facility continues to generate very positive feedback.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:05 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
What has surprised me is the % of Customers who have experienced and dined in the SSL, and then had the full dinner on board.
How do you know, they have eaten in the Lounge
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by TPJ
How do you know, they have eaten in the Lounge
Conversation -- Customer engagement.
Many Customers initiate the dialogue and want to talk about their experience in the SSL.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:22 pm

Access to Signature Suite YYZ

If I book a flight on LH stock but it is an AC operated flight...will I be able to get access to the lounge?
Any word on if they will loosen up entry requirements to allow AE redemptions or e-upgrades?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yes.
No.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
This is me
The SSL a la carte menu has fine dining serving sizes ... nowhere near enough to get me through until touchdown.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I'm finally getting my first real visit to the lounge in 6 weeks. I've been looking forward to it ever since the preview. I hope the standards are still top notch!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Finishing up my first visit now. Amazing what a difference from the MLL. Perhaps it does pay to actually purchase the ticket, assuming that's what they are targeting.
islandcub1 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
I forgot about this thread.

My experience in the SSL on the morning of March 30 (before my flight to HKG) was very nice. The buffet breakfast was pleasant, I got a bear drawn in the foam in my cappucino, the service was very good without being obsequious, one of the staff searched for me when I inadvertently left my CPAP at my table and moved to the lounging area, I had pleasant chats with several of the staff about the lounge, they even stored my bags for me when I had to pop out to buy something in the terminal.

Yes, it could accommodate more people in the morning, before the London and Hong Kong flights leave (I don't think there are any other flights whose business class passengers might qualify), but having different rules at different times of day is just inviting chaos, and while it could handle the bank of flights to Asia in the early afternoon I don't know about late afternoon/evening.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Another fantastic lunch in the Signature Suite last week, with attentive service and a great atmosphere.

I must say however, I was surprised to find the Suite almost packed when we got there at around 12:30p. During my other visits earlier in the year, I could count less than 10 guests at around the same time period. This time, the lounge was at 80% occupancy. It did get quieter between 2:30p and 4p, after which the patronage picked up again in anticipation for the evening bank of TATLs. Word if definitely going out, and now that AC is sending emails a couple days before to eligible customers, it seems more and more are aware of the existence of the Suite.

Based on this, I can't see AC loosening up the entry rules anytime soon. I think they did their homework and aimed just right based on the desired ambiance and capacity they have to work with.

I also discussed with a few other guests (a lot of them Americans connecting on AC in YYZ for the first time), and all were very impressed with the facility. ^

-

New menu starting last week, and I was sad to see the foie gras removed from the menu:

However, the Grilled octopus, spanish chorizo, garbanzo beans and preserved lemon was delicious and beautifully presented:

I decided to try the Hawskworth Burger, and, as advertised, it was absolutely decadent. Not the lightest offering out there, but certainly tasty:

Time for some dessert...

We both shared the Vegan chocolate brownie, espresso "ice cream", hazelnut crémeux. Delicious:

And the buttermilk Panna Cotta,Rhubard compote, Coconut-Pecan crumble:

24left and midnightmartini like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Let me know if I understand this correctly: I'm flying NBO > LHR > YYZ > BWI, the last two segments on AC J (P class). On the way in I have almost 4 hours in YYZ but I don't believe that I will have Signature Suite access. If I understand correctly I'll be funneled to US pre-clearance and the trans-border section of the terminal from which I will not have access to this lounge.

Is there any way that I can filter back into the international area and make use of the lounge during the layover? If I make it to the lounge, will they even grant me access since I'm only arriving from an international flight and continuing trans-border?

On the return I'll have only 1.5 hours in YYZ so will have access but little time to enjoy it.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vytas315
Let me know if I understand this correctly: I'm flying NBO > LHR > YYZ > BWI, the last two segments on AC J (P class). On the way in I have almost 4 hours in YYZ but I don't believe that I will have Signature Suite access. If I understand correctly I'll be funneled to US pre-clearance and the trans-border section of the terminal from which I will not have access to this lounge.

Is there any way that I can filter back into the international area and make use of the lounge during the layover? If I make it to the lounge, will they even grant me access since I'm only arriving from an international flight and continuing trans-border?

On the return I'll have only 1.5 hours in YYZ so will have access but little time to enjoy it.
You will not have access. You are correct that you will be in a different departure area specific to US departures, having pre-cleared US customs and immigration. Further, your ticket in that direction is not eligible for access: "*International Business Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P." Neither the LHR-YYZ nor the YYZ-BWI boarding pass fulfill the criteria (again, you'd have physical difficulty even reaching this departure area).

bawm
vytas315 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
@gabdusch
Thanks for the pic of the new menu and your food report. Must confess I’m disappointed about the disappearance of the fois gras and the dessert that many raved about (name escapes me at the moment, butterscotch something?).

Shortly making my first visit to the SSL and was really looking forward to the dish. I understand the importance of changing the menu from time to time but....

New menu doesn’t look as interesting as the original one. Still, undoubtedly much better experience than the MML.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
I had the short ribs which were tasty, but even with a Newfie palate (we love salt), I found it to be too salty. I didn't find a lot on the dessert menu that jumped out for me. Overall a great menu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.