Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
I was impressed. Only complaint is the small portion size for the tuna app I and sablefish main. Service was excellent and very fast.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:25 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Data point for those who want to exclude P fares from the SSL... I was looking at a trip to LHR a few weeks ago, on short notice. P fares were still available a couple of weeks out, but over $8000 (round trip)... Meanwhile, I've been to Europe on round trip D fares that were $4000 before.

Excluding points tickets and upgrades is one thing, but it's dangerous to start monkeying around with paid fare classes.
TPJ and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: AC*75K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Data point for those who want to exclude P fares from the SSL... I was looking at a trip to LHR a few weeks ago, on short notice. P fares were still available a couple of weeks out, but over $8000 (round trip)... Meanwhile, I've been to Europe on round trip D fares that were $4000 before.

Excluding points tickets and upgrades is one thing, but it's dangerous to start monkeying around with paid fare classes.
They already exclude J, C, D, Z fares to the Caribbean (on mainline not Rouge). They can run somewhere between $2000-$3000 roundtrip/person. Routes like AC982 YYZ-MBJ.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by andrewt
They already exclude J, C, D, Z fares to the Caribbean (on mainline not Rouge). They can run somewhere between $2000-$3000 roundtrip/person. Routes like AC982 YYZ-MBJ.
Yields on those routes are generally much lower than on TATLs or TPACs, which is presumably why AC has excluded them.

If you read upthread a few pages, I'm actually on the record suggesting that the Caribbean should be included, in large part because the vast majority of those flights depart early in the morning and AC could easily provide a breakfast service that both enhanced the travel experience vs the MLL while remaining appropriate to the fares on these routes and without diminishing the experience for more expensive TATL and TPAC passengers who arrive later in the day.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by YWG-RO
I was impressed. Only complaint is the small portion size for the tuna app I and sablefish main. Service was excellent and very fast.
You can always ask for seconds -- or thirds
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:50 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by YWG-RO
You can always ask for a second portion
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by andrewt
AC982 is not a regular occurrence. Sure it has operated on behalf of Rouge multiple times this winter, but it's not normally the case. MBJ is a Rouge destination
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:39 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There's no conversation. At the door, it's just "Welcome!"

Inside, it's "Can I get you another drink?"

You ask for something insane, and they just do it.

It reminds me of service onboard NH F. They do everything I ask for, but I feel more like a slavemaster than a customer. It makes me very uncomfortable.

I don't really know how to describe it better than that.
Personal preference, but... that’s how i like the service - low key and get it done attitude (like LH/ANA F Lounge staff) rather than the chatty Kathy type. Not looking for noise pollution in the lounge from the staff to guests.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACfly

Personal preference, but... that’s how i like the service - low key and get it done attitude (like LH/ANA F Lounge staff) rather than the chatty Kathy type. Not looking for noise pollution in the lounge from the staff to guests.
I feel like I'm not describing it well.

NH F makes me feel a little uncomfortable.
The SS staff do not make me feel uncomfortable, but they're not quite what I'd like. But until I can properly articulate what I want, I don't think it's totally fair for me to fault them for it
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
I am visiting the SSL in a few weeks and I booked a "discounted" P fare that was ~$1000 TATL. Hopefully it's fine to breathe the same air as you $4K spenders :-)
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
I am visiting the SSL in a few weeks and I booked a "discounted" P fare that was ~$1000 TATL. Hopefully it's fine to breathe the same air as you $4K spenders :-)
TAUNT
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: AC E75K, NEXUS/GE
Flying out next Monday on LH471, but purchased on 014 ticket numbers. Will I have access to the Signature Suite?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by filthycasual
Flying out next Monday on LH471, but purchased on 014 ticket numbers. Will I have access to the Signature Suite?
No
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC E75K, NEXUS/GE
Thanks. Guess I'm buying AC next time.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by filthycasual
Thanks. Guess I'm buying AC next time.
That’s the whole point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.