Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
What's the percentage of award biz class fliers on AC flights compared to paid J fliers ?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
What's the percentage of award biz class fliers on AC flights compared to paid J fliers ?
8 to 92.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
8 to 92.
Are you saying 8% are reward and 92% are paid? I doubt that. I may agree that 8% are reward, but I highly doubt that the rest of the cabin is truly paid J,

I would speculate that it's more like 8% reward, 60% paid, 32% upgrades/staff/others
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy1978
Adding to Dorian's objections. Even if the passenger gets up to leave for the gate at t-15 minutes, the table does not immediately become available because presumably the staff would clear, clean, and prep the table first before seating the next client.

How long do you think it would take to clean, clear, prep, and seat, from first passenger stand up to next passenger sit down? 5 Mins, can we model this, and does it change anything?
Wait, you're saying AC is going to clean something?
yyz_atc_qq likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Wait, you're saying AC is going to clean something?
It's not AC doing the cleaning.... it's contract staff AC wouldn't clean it until they get enough complaints
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
the % upgrade varies from route to route. some of them e.g. TPAC have a very high % of paid J.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Has anyone been here in the morning yet?

I have not seen any information regarding "breakfast hours" food offerings posted anywhere so far. Wondering what to expect before AC15 which departs at around 10:00am.

Appreciate any insight on this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Had my first experience in the Signature Suite earlier this week.

It was truly outstanding. There are two main sections- one buffet style and one restaurant/menu style. And a full bar with bartender.

The staff are super friendly and very service oriented.

I sat in the restaurant-style side of the Suite...

I had a full, 3-course meal and was by far the best food I have eaten in any airport....ever!

Appetizer: B.C. Albacore Tuna Tataki, daikon, watermelon radish, avocado, puffed white rice, ponzu....

Main course for me was Braised Beef Cheek, butternut squash puree, braised rapini, fresh squash and tomatillo salsa....

Dessert was Salted caramel pot de creme, whipped creme fraiche, butterscotch, vanilla Breton...

Plus a nice Gin Martini and a nice Canadian Pinot Noir...

Lastly, the person I was with had the Grilled lamb chops, roasted cauliflower, yogurt, mint chermoula...
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What's served at the "full bar"?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Anything you want from what I can see....I did not sit at the bar, but you can order a seemingly wide variety of cocktails, a martini like I did, beer, wine, etc.

I doubt they will have lesser know or obscure spirits, but you can always ask!

And I'm sorry, but I did not check on the what kinds of scotches they carried, but I should have...I'll leave that up to the next person to sleuth out.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:43 am

I dropped my cloth napkin on the ground while seated, and before I could pick it up and return it to my knee, a Manager had run over with a fresh one for me.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Plumber
I dropped my cloth napkin on the ground while seated, and before I could pick it up and return it to my knee, a Manager had run over with a fresh one for me.
Ok, stop it.

You must be in HND in the NH F lounge. Must. Be.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
If you're good at bottle recognition, check here: http://onemileatatime.img.boardingar...Toronto-38.jpg
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
If you're good at bottle recognition, check here: http://onemileatatime.img.boardingar...Toronto-38.jpg
Is Ciroc a sponsor or something?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Thanks...

Well- I see an Oban 14 and a Dalwhinnie (cant tell the age) as well as 3 different Johnny Walker bottles (including Black)...

I will keep looking at the others...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.