Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
*International Business Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Since I have been pretty critical of AC in other areas, I thought I would post some praise here. This lounge (especially combined with BMW service) is definitely a step in the right direction. I would even say that it starts to push AC in the direction of some of the F-class services other airlines offer. (The bad news is, I guess, that the hard product still has problems -- cleanliness and deflating seats, and the service while typically very good in my experience is not F class service.) But the signature lounge is very nice. When I was there, it was sufficiently crowded that I can't imagine how access could be broadened in the future without a significant negative impact. Food was very good. Portions could be bigger, but quality was exceptional. Drinks were awesome (full points for a bar that serves corpse revivers). Luggage storage was a plus too. Overall, a very pleasant experience and it let me achieve my primary goal: get on the TATL flight and sleep immediately rather than waiting for AC's typically too long dinner service. While it is certainly NOT enough to justify flying to YYZ first (for me, based in YYC) just to go to the lounge, it is certainly a much better experience and if the routing is convenient it is a big thumbs up.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sannomiya
As per title, just wondering if one has access to the YYZ Signature Suite lounge on a Lufthansa (or other *A airlines) ticketed flight, but operated by Air Canada metal.

Thanks!
Yes. I had a UA marketed flight on a UA ticket, operated by AC, and I had no issue getting in.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC, Mileage Plus, Aeroplan, SPG
Hi all - I'm flying from YVR to YYZ To YUL to Europe J class all within the same 24hr periods.. anyone know if I'd be eligible for SS entry? My stopover in Toronto would be ~6hrs so would certainly be enough time. I'm just wondering if they consider departing to europe from montreal on J admissibible as the legs are on the same ticket.

Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aba_bab
Hi all - I'm flying from YVR to YYZ To YUL to Europe J class all within the same 24hr periods.. anyone know if I'd be eligible for SS entry? My stopover in Toronto would be ~6hrs so would certainly be enough time. I'm just wondering if they consider departing to europe from montreal on J admissibible as the legs are on the same ticket.

Thanks
Paid J (or C, D, P), not upgrades or Aeroplan, yes.

Except, that would for international departure from YYZ...

Last edited by Stranger; Jun 18, 2018 at 5:57 pm Reason: Confused...
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by aba_bab

Thanks
No. At YYZ you will be in the domestic departure area, the SSL is located in the international departure area. You can not get into international area with YYZ-YUL or YUL-Europe boarding pass.

Try changing your ticket to YVR-YYZ-Europe if possible.
jc94 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, Mileage Plus, Aeroplan, SPG
Thanks.. thats what I was afraid of. Doesn't work unless I sacrifice my YVR leg to YYZ in J.

Do you think the SS experience would be worth foregoing lie flat bed for transcon?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 8:44 pm

What about connecting in YYZ onto 033 to Sydney (via YVR), will this allow entry?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yowtraveller13
What about connecting in YYZ onto 033 to Sydney (via YVR), will this allow entry?
No - AC033 departs YYZ from the domestic area.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
just booked YVR - GRU for early August in P.

purposefully booked long cnx so arriving YYZ @ 1520 and Departing 2315

NO BRAINER - go in to town and have proper dinner

Seriously, AC should focus on getting the basics right - timely schedule operations, get rid of the coffin business seats, and most of all invest in pro-active engagement that many service oriented businesses have long ago mastered - even the Concierge service tends to be fairly reactive.

The SSL is respectfully, putting lipstick on a pig...and my AC spend this year will be down 30-40% from last year, although total flying about the same or bit more. too much nonsense and lack of responsiveness says to me at least spend my money and that of my clients elsewhere...

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 3, 2018 at 8:59 am Reason: off topic
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Had my first SSL experience. Very very crowded. Hard to get a seat. Gather there were delayed flights so guests not leaving as expected. Staff seemed harassed but tried hard.

Dinner was excellent. I’m hard to please re food. My family was in the business.

Good choices. Salad and cod great. Champagne properly chilled. So glad I had the SSL because dinner on the plane was diabolical. Hardly edible, not that I was hungry. Never cease to be amazed by what’s passed off as cheese. Even the salad was tasteless.

The buffet area (SSL) needs attention, at least when I was there. Food depleted and not replenished in a timely fashion. Area appeared not very clean. Food choices much less appetizing.

The washrooms were well done with higher quality soap etc. Due to high traffic, there was a considerable wait. If this happens on an ongoing basis, could be problematic.

Went to the international MLL before boarding for business centre. I have always appreciated a lounge but YYZ MLL international is too noisy. After SSL seemed dreadful and I was only there a few minutes. It was also seriously crowded which was surprising because so many ( who might have gone there) were taking advantage of SSL.
longtimeflyin likes this.

Last edited by Bartolo; Jun 25, 2018 at 7:58 am
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:31 am

I'm assuming there's in/out privileges to accessing the lounge since showers need to be taken at the MLL lounge? I'm asking because my travel partner won't have access to SSL and wanted to confirm there wouldn't be any issues with me going between SSL and Plaza lounge, where he will be at.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:08 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Had my first SSL experience. Very very crowded. Hard to get a seat. Gather there were delayed flights so guests not leaving as expected. Staff seemed harassed but tried hard.

Dinner was excellent. I’m hard to please re food. My family was in the business.

Good choices. Salad and cod great. Champagne properly chilled. So glad I had the SSL because dinner on the plane was diabolical. Hardly edible, not that I was hungry. Never cease to be amazed by what’s passed off as cheese. Even the salad was tasteless.

The buffet area (SSL) needs attention, at least when I was there. Food depleted and not replenished in a timely fashion. Area appeared not very clean. Food choices much less appetizing.

The washrooms were well done with higher quality soap etc. Due to high traffic, there was a considerable wait. If this happens on an ongoing basis, could be problematic.

Went to the international MLL before boarding for business centre. I have always appreciated a lounge but YYZ MLL international is too noisy. After SSL seemed dreadful and I was only there a few minutes. It was also seriously crowded which was surprising because so many ( who might have gone there) were taking advantage of SSL.
Yup , Ex Europe P fares are cheap very often.

Heaven forbid to allow any SE status passengers in on Latitude fares..
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:43 am

Hi
What is breakfast like at the Sig suite?

We are flying to HKG next week

thanks
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by llbean
Hi
What is breakfast like at the Sig suite?

We are flying to HKG next week

thanks
I will refer you to the resident AC FT food p0rn journalist.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29820322-post1182.html
24left likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.