Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jc94
Whenever it opens then.

If the only reviews permitted are by AC or perhaps CBC I don't trust their accuracy. Independent reviews (be it here or from OMAAT etc...) are generally more fair.

ACs webpage provides plenty of examples of their service. Most do not strike me as completely accurate. Though this is the case with most or all airlines to be fair.

Or perhaps the NDAs being null and void at YYZ events the latter part of December?

Calling it a VIP Lounge does, as yyznomad has pointed out, seem odd.
Yes, just give it a more realistic and descriptive or brand name. Like simply a business class lounge or SE lounge. Or branded (like Polaris) True North lounge for a really 'local' flair. The Six is already taken. As is 905.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
Whenever it opens then.

If the only reviews permitted are by AC or perhaps CBC I don't trust their accuracy. Independent reviews (be it here or from OMAAT etc...) are generally more fair.

ACs webpage provides plenty of examples of their service. Most do not strike me as completely accurate. Though this is the case with most or all airlines to be fair.

Or perhaps the NDAs being null and void at YYZ events the latter part of December?

Calling it a VIP Lounge does, as yyznomad has pointed out, seem odd.
The only people calling it a VIP lounge are FTers in this thread.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
And at least one Lounge Dragon. Who can't be wrong ...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
My invite is for Thursday 23 November, not 17 November. So there will be multiple previews.

Unfortunately, I can't make it on the 23rd (but could have on the 17th). Why can't Air Canada schedule these things with Doodle polls the way everyone else does?
Likewise ... my invite was for the 23rd (when I'm busy) but I could have made the 17th. Oh well.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
The official invite calls it "our new International Business Class Lounge"
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
Aha, now we have the name nailed down. Now just need to figure out who gets in. And what the offerings are.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
Originally Posted by vernonc
Aha, now we have the name nailed down. Now just need to figure out who gets in. And what the offerings are.
I'll give you a hint.

It's in the name

I can even give you an inside scoop on the offerings.

They'll have food. And drinks.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
My guess is that it will have food similar to what the INTL MLL has now, and that the INTL MLL will be enhanced to match the domestic and transborder offerings.

Not that it affects me, I'm just a FOTSG aviation geek.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj
My guess is that it will have food similar to what the INTL MLL has now, and that the INTL MLL will be enhanced to match the domestic and transborder offerings.

Not that it affects me, I'm just a FOTSG aviation geek.
Nope.

Think "Polaris".
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I'll give you a hint.

It's in the name

I am hyped, can't wait to use it..In five and half months lawl
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:31 pm

I'll give you a hint.

It's in the name

I know its in the name. But whats in a name.
Can SE get in only in J ?
Does that mean that people buying J on ACV Sun destinations Rouge flight get in ?
Can PE get in ? ANZ for example offers lounge access and Zone 1 boarding for PE.
Food and drinks is very subjective. Some of the past AC mktg descriptions of the lounge 'food' reminds me of some real estate advtg. I do believe this lounge will have better food offerings than the regular lounge otherwise what is the point.
Can someone remind me again where this new lounge is located in the international departure term ?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
I know its in the name. But whats in a name.
Can SE get in only in J ?
Does that mean that people buying J on ACV Sun destinations Rouge flight get in ?
Can PE get in ? ANZ for example offers lounge access and Zone 1 boarding for PE.
Food and drinks is very subjective. Some of the past AC mktg descriptions of the lounge 'food' reminds me of some real estate advtg.
The J lounge is going to be better than the *G lounge.

PY does not get into the existing lounge, so it certainly won't be permitted in the J lounge.

I don't know if an SE in another cabin will have access.

Food will be way better. Think of how Polaris compares to United Club.
Same goes for drinks.

Personally, I'm hoping they run some event on Nov 18 so I can go. Otherwise, my earliest opportunity will be between Christmas and New Years, but I haven't booked a flight yet. My next booked flight departing YYZ international is January 20.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
PY along with Flex and Lat can buy into the existing MLL. I'm assuming the coat will be higher for this new one or, most likely, not an option.

Although it seems AC are keen to offer copays for everything so perhaps it will.

Assuming SE are allowed in, that basically limits the MLL to buy ins, E50 and E75, and potentially LMU/eUp/bidders or some combination. It could reduce numbers significantly.

Guests would be my question, especially if SE are allowed in. Or perhaps it'll be SEMM
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Nope.

Think "Polaris".
This FOTSG has never been inside the ORD Polaris lounge And doesn't know the requirements. So are you implying confirmed J cabin-only pax are allowed?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
This FOTSG has never been inside the ORD Polaris lounge And doesn't know the requirements. So are you implying confirmed J cabin-only pax are allowed?
I have also never been in the Polaris lounge.

However, the statement you quoted was in reference to food, not access.

It is not going to be a *G lounge.

I do not know the precise access requirements, but I'm very confident that an E75K booked in full O with a waitlisted eUpgrade request is not going to be allowed in.

SE, R, J Aeroplan confirmed in PY/Y, etc., I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.