Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
Hence why I don't think AC actually have it ironed out yet. And knowing AC, it won't even be known when it does open. All we know for sure is, the agents are the airport will be correct even if they say different to the official policy. I see much thread resurrection ahead
Why don't you think they know? Because the haven't announced anything?

But this lounge is still "secret".

I'm pretty confident they know exactly what the entry requirements are, and it will be much less complicated than what's being suggested here.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why don't you think they know? Because the haven't announced anything?

But this lounge is still "secret".

I'm pretty confident they know exactly what the entry requirements are, and it will be much less complicated than what's being suggested here.
Because AC has a history of releasing things without thinking all the details through. Like the quite frankly **** poor release of domestic PY, for the second time.

Who knows. I guess we'll find out in 7 weeks, although that date comes from a agent you said has details wrong. All I know is "construction looks complete" can in many cases be months away from actually being opened!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
Because AC has a history of releasing things without thinking all the details through. Like the quite frankly **** poor release of domestic PY, for the second time.

Who knows. I guess we'll find out in 7 weeks, although that date comes from a agent you said has details wrong. All I know is "construction looks complete" can in many cases be months away from actually being opened!
We will find out in less than 7 weeks.

Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll have access (due to my flight schedule) until January.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So is this "VIP" lounge meant for AC*VIP only?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by jlisi984
I have pics of the inside (entrance area) - which looked completely finished two weeks ago. Still no news about who will have access - it's not gonna be invite-only, though, considering the door is marked and there are opening hours posted.
Do you happen to remember the opening hours?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
So is this "VIP" lounge meant for AC*VIP only?
No.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
I just received an email invite to view the "International Business Class Lounge" for Nov 17. There is an invitation for a dinner seating as well as the general viewing, so it looks like there will be restaurant-type seating, maybe similar to a LH First lounge. Cool! I'm overseas then but hopefully someone will attend and post their thoughts.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I signed up and will report back.

(Within the confines of any confidentiality agreement I may have to sign).

Last edited by The Lev; Nov 10, 2017 at 7:32 am
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I got an invite, too. Unfortunately I'm not able to attend that night ... but even if I could, I don't know how much I could share here; the invite contains fine print that says:

This invitation is exclusive and non-transferable. Unfortunately, guests are not permitted. All attendees must sign a non-disclosure agreement before seeing the lounge.

Super-secret indeed.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM
Fine print indeed. I guess we won't hear anything about it, until we can visit for ourselves, hopefully soon.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:22 am

Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Do you have to be flying international J that day to get an invite?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by j_the_p
Do you have to be flying international J that day to get an invite?
Nope (I'm not).

From the people who have posted above, it looks like SEMM's based in YYZ.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
I'm a SEMM based in Toronto. No invite.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:13 am
alc

so you will need to clear custom after the dinner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.