Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
I usually transit through YVR for my international travel, but had occasion to be in YYZ on Dec.29 (AC15 on paid business P-class fare). Having recently read about the SSL in a newspaper travel column, I asked the MLL staff about access. I was told, in no uncertain terms, that it was "only for full fare, international business class passengers." Upon asking to clarify that this excluded discounted business class fares, I was told that such fares were inadmissible, while being lectured that SE status was irrelevant.

I figured it wasn't even open at that hour, but it appears that not only was it open, my P-class fare entitled me to entry. Why was I provided with erroneous information, in a haughty fashion, or not advised of the option upon entering the MLL?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
As you can see in the link at the top of the thread to AC's page, P fares are eligible for entry. You were provided with wrong information.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: TK *G
Write in. I am sick of front line employees making rules rather than following rules.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by D582
I think AC has taken the right approach with the initial access policy, to at least allow it evaluate usage patterns, especially given potential capacity constraints. It it also much easier to start from limited access and expand it, than to start with wide-ranging access and later restrict it. I can see them offering SE some additional access at some point in conjunction with I or R class, but I would not expect more than that.
I agree. Can you imagine the screaming and shouting if they had opened the lounge to everyone and then took it away due to over crowding? The indignity and outrage would be HUGE!

I don’t really know how other airlines deal with it... I mean there’s the Senator lounge... Silverkris.... CX series....

Personally, I see it as AC adding a new tier, not as them taking away something...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by canopus27
Correct ... you will be warmly welcomed into the normal international MLL, but not the signature suite.

Warmly? We don’t go to the same MLL, I guess.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I am now esconced in the Signature Suite for the first time. My first impressions - it is a step up from the MLL, but a far cry from the premier home lounges such as SQ Krisflyer,
LH FCT, or CX HKG lounges.
The lone elevator up is very slow, it reminds me of the old T2 elevator.
Only Globe and Mail is available, no other papers or magazines, never mind an international offering of papers.
It seems that dining is the main priority - many dining tables, set with cutlery, but fewer places to set down a lap top and work on it.

Definitely not crowded at 11:00 AM, prior to my Shanghai flight.
Lunch is just being set out, and it seems much superior to the MLL offerings.

Summary: Pleasant, but not worth the anguish and hand-wringing from the I/R people who are not allowed in.
lallied likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC*SE
My first eligible trip that will allow me to visit the AC Signature Suite is coming up soon.

For those of you that have been, is there any a la carte dish in particular that you would recommend to definitely order? Are the cocktails any good?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: TK Elite, AC SE
Originally Posted by Peteryyz
My first eligible trip that will allow me to visit the AC Signature Suite is coming up soon.

For those of you that have been, is there any a la carte dish in particular that you would recommend to definitely order? Are the cocktails any good?
I didn't have a cocktail. The tuna tataki and the beef cheeks were both very good.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Fully downgraded ACMMer

Lamb

Salted Caramel

I had the lamb a couple of nights ago...delicious - highly recommended. Kale salad was no hell. Definitely save room for the salted caramel dessert!

Bar is well stocked with premium spirits, champagne, and a few alternate beer offerings compared to the MLL. It's a nice step up in terms of quality, but IMHO not worth the hype or price at all.

Hope you enjoy!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sveiks
IMHO not worth the hype or price at all.
What price?

Has the price of a ticket changed since the SS launched?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
Using a World Travel Pass (Business Class) flight credit to an international destination would give you access to the SSL, correct?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by roadracer
Using a World Travel Pass (Business Class) flight credit to an international destination would give you access to the SSL, correct?
It books into D, right? If so, then yes.

As long as it books into J/C/D/Z/P, then yes.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It books into D, right? If so, then yes.

As long as it books into J/C/D/Z/P, then yes.
Ok thanks. I think I found the answer buried deep in the Flight Pass T&Cs:

"Flight credit bookings are subject to availability for the Business Class (lowest) fare option, C booking class."

So I guess the answer is yes.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Who here thinks that AC should have an AC signature suite Super Elite arrivals service for long haul paid business international?

/or maybe set one of the arrivals lounge GTAA vending machines to dispense one free candy bar per person if a SE100k arrival boarding pass is scanned.
//maybe also one wet wipe, in lieu of a shower, for int'l arriving million milers
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AC E35K

I had the falafel and it was incredible (and I'm not usually keen on vegetarian food). In terms of drinks the Muskoka maple was surprisingly good. Next time I'll probably stick with the champagne though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.