Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
As per AC Signature Suite page - July 2, 2021

* Air Canada Signature Class customers travelling on an Air Canada-operated flight (to Europe, Asia and South America) originally booked and ticketed in the following booking classes will be eligible for access to the Air Canada Signature Suite: J, C, D, Z, P. Only Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Flexible Reward or a First Class Flexible Reward in J, C, D, Z, P, I booking classes are eligible for access. All bookings in R class (including, but not limited to, eUpgrades, Last-Minute Upgrades, and AC Bid Upgrades), Aeroplan flight rewards booked as a Business Class Lowest Reward or a First Class Lowest Reward, Star Alliance Upgrade Awards, Business Class flight rewards booked and ticketed by partner airlines, and I (including Star Alliance Upgrade Awards), as well as bookings made during irregular operations where the customer was not originally booked and confirmed in one of the eligible booking classes, will be excluded. Eligible customers may not invite guests. Access to the Air Canada Signature Suite is not available to customers travelling on promotional tickets or employees.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/signature-suite.html

canadiancow's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/0nui9iIVxRH5nczi1

Video of Signature Suite along with menus and food shots. https://youtu.be/QDdKM735n3k
Print Wikipost

New VIP lounge YYZ int'l: Air Canada Signature Suite

Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Originally Posted by rehoult
NDA lifted at 5:30 EDT today.
Daylight Saving Time already ended. EST maybe?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Here's a (bad quality, sorry) photo of the menu in the a-la-carte lounge.

I had the kale salad, beef main, and pineapple dessert. All were great.

Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:22 pm

Oh, one more thing ... I was told that their goal is a 45 minute turnaround - so you should be able to go into the lounge, sit down for an a-la-carte dinner, have a full service meal, and get out in 45 mins if you need to.

Time will tell if they can achieve that, but it's a pretty decent goal.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Don't these book in I which is excluded?

What I don't like BTW is the "no guests" policy. Which excludes my wife on a reward.
I was wondering about that too. I tend not to fly international through YYZ too often, but it was only a few years ago when I was booked on a $5k J ticket, traveling with a friend booked in X class. So now I have to choose between "companion" and "good lounge"?

I can understand not letting in a single I class passenger, but I think revenue J should be allowed a companion, even if the rules are more stringent than regular guesting. For example, they must be on the same flight. But I'd even hesitate to require them be in J.

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
I would think the answer is no. Do I get LH FCT access if I buy a LH Codeshare F ticket operated by UA? FCL yes, FCT? I believe the answer is no
I'm pretty sure the FCL and FCT have identical policies, and unless you're UA GS, you're not getting into either when flying UA F.

If AC values the entry at $100 due to space, staff, food, beverage, etc., they just aren't making enough money from partner payments.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
AC should be strict with this lounge's entrance requirements.

Paid J? Yes.
E-Ups/LMU? Yes.
Op-Ups? No.
Awards in J? No, though maybe allow soft/discretionary exceptions during slower periods but definitely not at TATL peak.
Companions not in J? Absolutely not. This is EXACTLY how you go from a lounge being under capacity to one being extraordinarily above capacity.
* Gold? 10000% No.

Lest this just degrade into a spiffier form of the MLL zoo.

Last edited by Bonaventure; Nov 28, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I predict Super Elite pax clearing e-ups in advance, or using hundreds of thousands of Aeroplan miles will eventually be able participate in the signature lounge experience.

As bonaventure posted above, I agree that the no guesting, no other carrier metal, and no short haul (mexico/carribbean/central america) rules may stick around.

I'll be refreshing the access requirement frequently, hoping to see an asterisk to the 'no R/I' fares bit saying *unless each passenger is SE100k or SEMM.

Last edited by expert7700; Nov 28, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Air Canada Signature Suite - YYZ

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...OMAAT+Facebook

Love this.

Copied and pasted

-----
Well, there’s now yet another North American airline introducing an incredible new ground experience, and this one is sort out of left field. On Friday, December 1, 2017, Air Canada is opening the Signature Suite at Toronto Pearson Airport, which complements their three Maple Leaf Lounge at the airport. I had the chance to check out the new lounge yesterday, and in this post wanted to share my thoughts. I actually think this lounge offers the best business class sit-down dining experience of any airline in the world.What is the Air Canada Signature Suite?

The Air Canada Signature Suite is a completely new lounge concept that Air Canada is launching in the international departures area of Toronto Airport’s Terminal 1. The airline is testing out the concept in Toronto, and will consider opening similar facilities in Montreal and Vancouver in the future, space permitting. The lounge is heavily focused around dining, and features a sit down restaurant experience with dishes from celebrity chef David Hawksworth.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 28, 2017 at 8:01 pm Reason: edited for brevity as per FT Rules
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Ah but will VIPs be allowed in? Or do VIPs always fly paid J?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
From memory, I think they said that VIPs would be allowed in.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
If AC staff enjoy their jobs, I'll bet VIPs will be rushed into this lounge without as much as a pause at the front door. Even if they are on standby. in tango. for Y cabin. There are VERY, VERY few VIPs. I won't post the exact # but was shocked by the count.

I have no idea the SE count but think about this: over 1250 SEs signed up for EYW within 48hrs of getting that email. If that is even a 20% response, there could be well over 5000 super elites.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
If AC staff enjoy their jobs, I'll bet VIPs will be rushed into this lounge without as much as a pause at the front door. Even if they are on standby. in tango. for Y cabin. There are VERY, VERY few VIPs. I won't post the exact # but was shocked by the count.

I have no idea the SE count but think about this: over 1250 SEs signed up for EYW within 48hrs of getting that email. If that is even a 20% response, there could be well over 5000 super elites.
I think you're way off, on the low end.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by canopus27
Oh, one more thing ... I was told that their goal is a 45 minute turnaround - so you should be able to go into the lounge, sit down for an a-la-carte dinner, have a full service meal, and get out in 45 mins if you need to.

Time will tell if they can achieve that, but it's a pretty decent goal.
When I was there the dining room was about half full and they managed to serve me three courses in roughly 45 minutes. Service was very efficient.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
It seems to me that this is geared towards the short European red eye pax - ie. the LHR crowd. For these pax, I think this will be a very good option. Also, interesting that its opening so soon after BA closed their YYZ lounge....

I assume those on same plane, one stop service can't access this though? So flights that go YYZ-YUL-GVA, or YYZ-YVR-SYD are SOL?

I hope they loosen requirements a bit down the line. Maybe something like paid J fares and SE in confirmed J (incl. R and I fares)? In an ideal world though, AC would just create an even higher status in their new program (like a 200K or something) and give them access, kind of like the LH FCT.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by The Lev
When I was there the dining room was about half full and they managed to serve me three courses in roughly 45 minutes. Service was very efficient.
AC met the 45min goal with time to spare for me. Full dining room so I was in the overflow/bar area. Even me ordering the chef's nightmare (extra-well done) did not result in a delay.

Compare this to LH first class terminal, who told me it would be 'very tight' to order a well done steak at T-60minutes before my flight.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think you're way off, on the low end.
The question is not how many SE there are, its how many fly Intl outside of paid J from YYZ and could therefore qualify under certain conditions.

Id guess AC can work this out. Well potentially anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.