Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How successful is AC seasonal service PRG-Toronto?

How successful is AC seasonal service PRG-Toronto?

Old Sep 29, 17, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Question How successful is AC seasonal service PRG-Toronto?

I am trying to figure out how successful the seasonal service between PRG-Toronto has been - anyone might know more?

On a related note, is there a potential for a year-round connection, say 3x weekly from both Vancouver (YVR) and Toronto (YYR) on AC's 787 (not Rouge)? This could fill a niche market gap with good connectivity lacking between PRG and the US West Coast, Midwest, Chicago and the Caribbean, aside from Canada itself.

Aside from traffic potential between PRG-North America (upwards of 60,000 per year), premium demand is growing in the thriving Czech economy and Prague is spectacular year-round for US/Canadian visitors to enjoy
Old Sep 29, 17, 9:41 pm

As a data point, I flew this route last year towards the end of summer. En route to Prague the flight was 2/3 empty but on the way back was nearly full.

My impression. This is not a prime market for premium travel from North America. That's why it's served by Rouge. We travel frequently to Prague and you can tell that most of the pax are VFR traffic. Most of the premium pax to Prague come in on EK or KE from the other direction. That said, we would possibly take AC if there was a bit YVR-PRG flight served by mainline but I think that's unlikely.
Old Oct 2, 17, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YYCCL3 View Post
As a data point, I flew this route last year towards the end of summer. En route to Prague the flight was 2/3 empty but on the way back was nearly full.

My impression. This is not a prime market for premium travel from North America. That's why it's served by Rouge. We travel frequently to Prague and you can tell that most of the pax are VFR traffic. Most of the premium pax to Prague come in on EK or KE from the other direction. That said, we would possibly take AC if there was a bit YVR-PRG flight served by mainline but I think that's unlikely.
Thanks for sharing! I have to admit I am not aware of much marketing for the route on either side so am not certain it is using its max. potential, and the lack of a mainline service might be making some business pax less interested if they still have to make a connection somewhere in North America or Western Europe.

Next year's frequencies on Rouge are slightly higher so it seems like the potential to grow is there. As a VFR myself, I travel mostly outside of the summer season, hence the selfish hope they go non-stop (sure, I know my convenience is not their main concern ).

If anyone has access to more detailed load data, that'd be great to see.
Old Oct 3, 17, 5:48 am

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by Jacob02 View Post

If anyone has access to more detailed load data, that'd be great to see.
Anyone with access to the detailed loads information you are looking for will not be posting that information here.

Those people know better, and since the numbers you're looking for are known to a small group of people, it would not be too hard for AC corporate security to determine the individual(s) involved and take follow-up disciplinary actions.
Old Oct 3, 17, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Jacob02 View Post
On a related note, is there a potential for a year-round connection, say 3x weekly from both Vancouver (YVR) on AC's 787 (not Rouge)?
No chance of year round 787 YVRPRG service. Not even a chance for Rouge.

How many cities in the USA get winter service to PRG?
Old Oct 3, 17, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow View Post
No chance of year round 787 YVRPRG service. Not even a chance for Rouge.

How many cities in the USA get winter service to PRG?
None - most pax travel via Western European hubs. Hence my suggestion of a "niche market gap" between PRG and North America.
Old Oct 3, 17, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaysona View Post
Anyone with access to the detailed loads information you are looking for will not be posting that information here.

Those people know better, and since the numbers you're looking for are known to a small group of people, it would not be too hard for AC corporate security to determine the individual(s) involved and take follow-up disciplinary actions.
Good point. I did not think this would be so sensitive. But travel agents will see how full forthcoming flights are, right?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: