Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Amex points transfers to AC failing yesterday and today? (28 & 29 Sep17)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Here is what happened:
1. xfered a bunch of miles from my US Amex to my AP account yesterday(27th). Nada, 24 hours later points returned with this error: Points Credited: Cancelled Partner Transfer
That was yesterday. Today(28th) I xfered 1k to the same AP account(around noon). The 1k was returned after 12 hours with the same error(a little after midnight).
2. I initiated 1k from my SOs account and from my brothers account. Surprise both transfers were returned with the same error.

Calling AP and AX resulted in nothing, sups knew nothing and were not willing to do anything but to open a case to some liason that would take 4 days. Its already too late to book the awards since space is already vanished, but anybody else transferred from AX US to AP yesterday or today?

Also as a test I created a brand new AP account with my name and was able to link it and xfered 1k and still would not show up. So 4 independent transfers did not happen. I begin to see a pattern. Anybody else?

Last edited by libuser; Sep 29, 2017 at 12:08 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
In the past my xfers happened instantly, Just tried a 1000points and did not appear yet after 5 minutes.

Edit: still nothing.

Last edited by pprrff; Sep 29, 2017 at 11:43 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Perhaps a glitch related to their new Cobalt card which doesn't allow transfers of MR points to their airline partners? Is there a phone-to-transfer option?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Amex stopped the FYF for the personal gold card. They know this will stop many people from getting that card, because they want to steer people into getting the new Cobalt card. Cobalt MR points cannot transfer to aeropeso.

This is probably a glitch now. But it won't come as a surprise if Amex does stop the transfer of MR to aeropeso some time in the future. They still have the Amex aeropeso card. By stopping the gold card MR point transfer to ae, that will really push people toward the new Cobalt card.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:43 am

I just tried to Xfer from two different MR accounts and they worked fine. It seems you may have an issue with your MR or Aeropeso account.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlabqi
I just tried to Xfer from two different MR accounts and they worked fine. It seems you may have an issue with your MR or Aeropeso account.
hey mate thanks, and you have US amex, and also did the points show in your aeroplan account?
I can see you are YYZ based so I assume you have canadian Amex account? This is for US Amex accounts
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
This does not seem to be an isolated problem: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ransfer-issue/
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

yes I tipped him off. He wrote this after I let him know my troubles. This could not have come at a worse time
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:39 pm

Yes, same troubles here. I had one transfer last night that was pending and then canceled (as listed in the MR transactions page), and another attempt this morning that is still hung. I called Aeroplan and they said "no record of anything happening".

I then called Amex that said the "loyalty program rejected the transfer". The Amex agent did a transfer for me over the phone, but it's been a couple hours now and still nothing on either side.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hertz 5*
Definitely a problem. I transferred MR points to aeroplan on 9/22 with no issue. Then tried to transfer points on 9/27 for a different flight and it failed, showed up as pending then the next day the MR points go back into my account. I called AMEX and did a phone transfer, exact same thing happened with that one. CSR said it must have been a weird glitch on AC's side, she wasn't aware of a problem. Today I just tried again online, it's showing as pending so pretty sure it also didn't go through. I'm in the US.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:14 pm

I seem to recall US MR->AP transfer had issues back then also

I'm Canadian AMEX MR
had no transfer issues all week
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Star Alliance Gold, OneWorld Sapphire
My transfer from this morning just went through. Check your accounts! I have a US Amex.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:36 am

I just completed a transfer and it was instant.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:33 am

Has Amex to Aeroplan transfer glitch been fixed?

Hi, reading in the blogosphere about delays and/or inability to transfer from Amex to Aeroplan, which is supposed to be instantaneous.

Looking through this forum and the Amex one...couldn't find out if the glitch has been fixed. Has it?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Originally Posted by grandgourmand
Hi, reading in the blogosphere about delays and/or inability to transfer from Amex to Aeroplan, which is supposed to be instantaneous.

Looking through this forum and the Amex one...couldn't find out if the glitch has been fixed. Has it?
My test transfer did eventually go through but only later in the day or possibly the next (I did not re-check until the next day)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.