Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

And you thought the AC/AP buck passing was bad...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

And you thought the AC/AP buck passing was bad...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Plumber
"Codeshare Partnerships
Code sharing refers to a practice through which a flight operated by one airline is jointly marketed as a flight by one or more other airlines. Through our codeshare partnerships, we place our designator code (AC) on flights operated by our codeshare partners, which allows us to provide you with worldwide services through an extensive network of convenient flight connections."
Interesting how they don't mention that they'll sell you a Y codeshare on a J/PY fare that allows J/PY seating when the flight isn't booked as a codeshare (seen most recently with EW on a PY fare)
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Big Picture: Unacceptable
Not surprised though.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:39 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Plumber
From Air Canada's Star Alliance page.... i dont think Mr. Kennedy was seeing the benefits of the grandiose vision yesterday!

"The vast Star Alliance™ network makes everything faster and easier."

and

"When the Star Alliance™ network was created, our aim was to build an airline alliance which would improve the travel experience of customers for whom flying is a way of life."

Plus

"Codeshare Partnerships
Code sharing refers to a practice through which a flight operated by one airline is jointly marketed as a flight by one or more other airlines. Through our codeshare partnerships, we place our designator code (AC) on flights operated by our codeshare partners, which allows us to provide you with worldwide services through an extensive network of convenient flight connections."
Star Alliance has never really been an alliance.

It's more of a truce between warring factions.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:43 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Why is the Concierge the only person who can handle these kind of things? Almost makes an MR to get from 75K to 100K this year seem palatable
I've always believed there were ever only two levels in Ac's FF program: Super Elite and dead man walking.
RangerNS likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: None no more
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KenHamer
I've always believed there were ever only two levels in Ac's FF program: Super Elite and dead man walking.
"Dead man walking" so very true
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Well this is interesting.

UA reference is the same.
NH reference is the same.
UA says the AC reference is the same, and it still shows the NRT-SFO-YVR segments, but not the YVR-NRT.

However, I noticed a new "trip" in my AC app. It's the YVR-NRT segment. It has a new booking reference.

I guess all is well now?

I have one ticket with two AC booking references though. Seems weird, but... meh.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
You are so lucky that you had this issued by UA and via SFO.

ANA refuses to touch my NH-issued ticket for any kind of changes due to their equipment downgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.