Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Air Canada lounge in IAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Air Canada lounge in IAD

I am trying to find out which lounge AC uses in IAD, and could'nt find any information online. Any help on this?

Thanks,

D
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:08 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Desirees
I am trying to find out which lounge AC uses in IAD, and could'nt find any information online. Any help on this?

Thanks,

D
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounges

show the following

Lufthansa Business Lounge
Concourse B, Departure Level,near Gates B49-B51
Opening hours
8:20 22:00

Lufthansa Senator Lounge
Opening hours

Turkish Airlines Lounge Washington D.C.
Departure Level,42
Opening hours
06:00-23:00

United Club
Departure Level,Gate C17
Opening hours
5:00-21:30

United Club
Departure Level,Gate C7
Opening hours
5:00-22:00

United Club
Departure Level,Gate D8
Opening hours

United International First Lounge
Gate C4
Opening hours

Northwest
Opening hours
n/a
Old Sep 24, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
United Club is what is available
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounges

show the following

Lufthansa Business Lounge
Opening hours

Lufthansa Senator Lounge
Opening hours

Turkish Airlines Lounge Washington D.C.
Departure Level,42
Opening hours
06:00-23:00

United Club
Departure Level,Gate C17
Opening hours
5:00-21:30

United Club
Departure Level,Gate C7
Opening hours

United Club
Departure Level,Gate D8
Opening hours

United International First Lounge
Gate C4
Opening hours

Northwest
Opening hours
n/a
Thanks - so which one would it be? Not sure.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:16 pm
alc

Thanks - so which one would it be? Not sure.
The link will let you enter your flight info and provide some option. But as sram had respond, posted likely only the United Club will be at the terminal where AC fly out from.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

So, I am flying IAD to BOM ( Latitude class IAD to Toronto, and then business from Toronto to Mumbai). I will be in IAD by about 1pm and flight is not until 4:30ish. My fare details say I can get lounge access for $25 so trying to figure out if it makes sense...and of course, not knowing what options are available, having a hard time deciding. Would appreciate any help on this,
Thanks,
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:26 pm
alc

So, I am flying IAD to BOM ( Latitude class IAD to Toronto, and then business from Toronto to Mumbai). I will be in IAD by about 1pm and flight is not until 4:30ish. My fare details say I can get lounge access for $25 so trying to figure out if it makes sense...and of course, not knowing what options are available, having a hard time deciding. Would appreciate any help on this,
Thanks,
Sorry, I assumed you have status. If you have no status and only holding Y seat, then I am afraid you do not have access to any lounge for free at IAD. The $25 is a general statement for Latitude fare to access Air Canada MLL Lounge only. You can certainly try to go into the United Club and give them your YYZ to BOM and see what happened and see how much United will ask for the entry fee.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
Sorry, I assumed you have status. If you have no status and only holding Y seat, then I am afraid you do not have access to any lounge for free at IAD. The $25 is a general statement for Latitude fare to access Air Canada MLL Lounge only. You can certainly try to go into the United Club and give them your YYZ to BOM and see what happened and see how much United will ask for the entry fee.
Thank you SO much for replying.
So to make sure I understand - the $25 means IF AC had a MLL in IAD, I could have gotten access to it. However, since it doesnt, and I dont have status - I would not get access to the lounges.
I will probably not go and ask...hate being in a position where I am told no
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
So to make sure I understand - the $25 means IF AC had a MLL in IAD, I could have gotten access to it. However, since it doesnt, and I dont have status - I would not get access to the lounges.
Yes that is what they are telling you.

Is this one ticket or two tickets?

How can you buy only YB and then J cabin on one ticket in the same direction? Was the IADYYZ portion sold out in J? What's the metal?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
How can you buy only YB and then J cabin on one ticket in the same direction? Was the IADYYZ portion sold out in J? What's the metal?
Most of the IADYYZ flights are CRJ100 so no J cabin. Just tried a dummy booking and that leg books into Y while YYZBOM books into Z.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
That is generally correct.

However, if all flights are on one ticket, it's definitely worth trying to access the lounge by showing your int'l business class boarding pass, especially if the IAD-YYZ flight you're taking doesn't have a business class cabin.
hokiebuy likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
That is generally correct.

However, if all flights are on one ticket, it's definitely worth trying to access the lounge by showing your int'l business class boarding pass, especially if the IAD-YYZ flight you're taking doesn't have a business class cabin.
+1. i can confirm that this works. I've done it twice.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hokiebuy
+1. i can confirm that this works. I've done it twice.
Thank you SO much for your replies. I will try as suggested.

To answer an earlier question - both flights are with AC. However, business is not available IAD to Toronto; so I got the preferred seating.

So - final question of the day - which lounge should I try my luck? The United International one? And can the desk agent checking me in for the AC flight issue me an invitation? Wouldnt harm to ask there, right?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Thank you SO much for your replies. I will try as suggested.

To answer an earlier question - both flights are with AC. However, business is not available IAD to Toronto; so I got the preferred seating.

So - final question of the day - which lounge should I try my luck? The United International one? And can the desk agent checking me in for the AC flight issue me an invitation? Wouldnt harm to ask there, right?
Invitations aren't issued, lounge access is by class of service, status or paid entry.
You may luck out and be granted access to the UA club, or alternatively pay for one-time access. If you hold a Priority Pass Membership, lounge access is available in Concourse A (AF/KL), B (BA) or C (TK), but IIRC, AC flights operate from the remote Concourse Z.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

This is a key point which would have facilitated this thread if it had been mentioned in the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.