Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Georgian - no planes , no pilots

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Georgian - no planes , no pilots

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
They may have more than one plane in that region, but the second plane would have to do double duty.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:08 am

They aren’t in YGK for sure

Where ever they are. Cancellations are the norm. Luckily some flights are Jazz and actually fly
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: 35 K
Originally Posted by lallied
Where ever they are. Cancellations are the norm. Luckily some flights are Jazz and actually fly
I know it will be good when Westjet comes in, then we will have a choice. Currently it you feel like a fool for booking out of YXH in case the flight is canceled.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
There are usually four or five BEH based in YYC for the YXC/YQL/YXH/YQF flying.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Originally Posted by Medhatter
I know it will be good when Westjet comes in, then we will have a choice. Currently it you feel like a fool for booking out of YXH in case the flight is canceled.
Westjet Link is *delayed* by three months... to start. Air Georgian flights are usually delayed by minutes/hours... maybe even 'a' day. Take your pick. I choose Georgian.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC 75K
On a somewhat related note - flew on Air Georgian to YXC the other day and noticed all the YYC based aircraft have had the Air Canada decals/logo removed. Hadn't been through YYC in a while previously, so unsure how long they've been like that. Anyone have any idea why? Prep for repaints?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
On a somewhat related note - flew on Air Georgian to YXC the other day and noticed all the YYC based aircraft have had the Air Canada decals/logo removed. Hadn't been through YYC in a while previously, so unsure how long they've been like that. Anyone have any idea why? Prep for repaints?
When Air Canada came up with the new look, they decided that none of the 1900 are to have AC paint jobs. They small aircraft can remain in the family, however no fancy makeup, they have to keep a low profile and stay out of the way of the bigger kids and keep quite. Hard for a 1900 to stay quite, but they can do the other things.
WesternCDN likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by YYC009
Westjet Link is *delayed* by three months... to start. Air Georgian flights are usually delayed by minutes/hours... maybe even 'a' day. Take your pick. I choose Georgian.
I love Pacific Coastal. (The operator of Westjet Link, that is if they ever start operating Link). Great airline, friendly check-in staff, great gate agents, friendly crew. They are on time. They still have a small fleet Grumman Goose. I have been on them a number of time between Victoria, Vancouver and Prince George. The Saab is also more like a Dash-8 that B1900. They will probably have to compromise on the customer experience to meet the standards of a bigger airline like WestJet.
marke190 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Fiordland
When Air Canada came up with the new look, they decided that none of the 1900 are to have AC paint jobs. They small aircraft can remain in the family, however no fancy makeup, they have to keep a low profile and stay out of the way of the bigger kids and keep quite. Hard for a 1900 to stay quite, but they can do the other things.
Interesting, thanks for the info! Any particular reason why they don't want the Beech in the new livery? I admit they don't really carry the same "service" as the rest of the fleet (no FAs/service/lavs, etc), but they're still technically operating on behalf of AC.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:57 am

Interesting, thanks for the info! Any particular reason why they don't want the Beech in the new livery? I admit they don't really carry the same "service" as the rest of the fleet (no FAs/service/lavs, etc), but they're still technically operating on behalf of AC.
I think it comes down to the fact they need the aircraft to service smaller communities and at the same time they are concerned that it is a negative in projecting themselves a global international brand.
WesternCDN likes this.

Last edited by Fiordland; Mar 23, 2018 at 9:04 am
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Fiordland
I think I caught glimpse of a 1900 at YHZ last week with "EVAS" on the tail.

Fun bird. I'm only half joking to say it is interesting to fly in Wentworth Valley.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by RangerNS
I think I caught glimpse of a 1900 at YHZ last week with "EVAS" on the tail.

Fun bird. I'm only half joking to say it is interesting to fly in Wentworth Valley.
You are correct. Since they had to remove the AC titles from the aircraft they've started painting them with their own logo on the tail. https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8792662.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
They are also missing from the fleet info page online and in the EnRoute/NAVI. I guess these flights have become almost like codeshares rather than an "AC" product.
WesternCDN likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Not sure if this is the same thing but AC7349 yesterday (C-FWRS) is still painted with express and AC mint tail.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:50 pm

Not quite, @DrunkCargo. They have the Jazz CRJ100's painted on the fleet page. The real world ones may take some time..

The Beech aircraft, more typically used to jump out, of AC has all but disowned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.