Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Georgian - no planes , no pilots

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Georgian - no planes , no pilots

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
......or they pull the flights from Medicine Hat
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
It's been going on for months

Nov 9th my 5:25 was delayed to 11:02 due to crew force rest, so i drove from YQF to YYC to catch my flight!

For fun I check the status of the YQF/YYC flights and every week without fail you see delayed and cancelled flights

It's been an issue all year but since August it has gotten much worse that the YQF flights are no longer reliable!

For most of the year I have been flying out of YYC/YEG!

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Nov 13, 2017 at 5:16 pm
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Maybe these will all be Rouged. <ducks>
Old Nov 13, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Maybe these will all be Rouged. <ducks>
Would probably be more reliable.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:06 pm

Actually, it isn't an impossible suggestion. From AC Corporate, it might be perfect. Cheap crews, more reliable, and no requirement to pay Georgians profit margin. AC is in a much better position to get capitol then when it sold off Jazz (which I presume is about the same time Georgian started as a partner).

Or get Jazz to do the routes, since that little buddy actually seems able to get some OTP.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Prior to 1990 you could take the train, but it no longer goes on the southern route.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YAM also gets screwed a lot. Is that Georgian as well?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Part of the problem? https://www-skiesmag-com.cdn.ampproj...ampaign=buffer

While it means cancelled flights now, it has opened up a direct entry program from my
flight school to Air Georgian so I hopefully fill one of those positions in 3 years
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by yyznomad
YAM also gets screwed a lot. Is that Georgian as well?
Nope, Jazz. But the Dash 8-100s used on the route make AC's A320s look like spring chickens.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Part of the problem? https://www-skiesmag-com.cdn.ampproj...ampaign=buffer

While it means cancelled flights now, it has opened up a direct entry program from my
flight school to Air Georgian so I hopefully fill one of those positions in 3 years
I've found there to be a fairly easy solution to these types of hiring issues.

Pay more.

It's not that there aren't any pilots, it's that none of them want to work for Georgian, and one of the cited reasons is compensation.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow

Pay more.

It's not that there aren't any pilots, it's that none of them want to work for Georgian, and one of the cited reasons is compensation.
Paying more would definitely bring in more pilots. However for someone like me, if I can get hired as an F/O on a B1900 right out of university and not have to go up north or instruct that is ideal. I know lots of people who have the same opinion about that. However if they want to keep us around for longer than a few years they'll have to pay more, as Jazz tends to be the next logical step after hitting 1000 hours.

Last edited by YHZ_Flyer; Nov 14, 2017 at 1:01 pm
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus

Pay more.

Cow - you hit the nail on the head, in the past month alone I know 3 pilots get hired by Jazz.

Also adding to this, a few weeks ago we had the same problems with Air Georgian and they ended up hiring a dash 8 from Jazz to move everyone affected, the flight was full both ways, so I suppose they had to belly up to Jazz for those costs. AC should make them be more responsible, I mean 50 hours to re-connect is absolutely crazy.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:35 pm

Pay more.

s/pilots/any position/g

"Only two weeks notice" Bahhahaha. How long would you give them if you lost your AC contract, Georgian? Are the pilots leaving to become IT consultants? No, they are leaving to do exactly the same job somewhere better.

No sympathy.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:36 pm

You folks are die hard fans eh.....

I wonder if AC Execs or CBC is reading this thread. Sounds interesting enough for a story IMO
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: 35 K
Originally Posted by ewok22
transferring in YYC to YXH on Air Georgian on Saturday 7223. Cancelled due to weather at the last minute, stuff happens what can I say. Re-booked on a midnight flight Monday night which means over a 50 hour layover because everything is booked solid and Air Gerogian refuses to put on a "make-up" flight, CS told me to call shuttle service but they are also over booked because of Air Georgian cancellations, myself and 2 other distressed paxs did a one way rental for $500. I did the stats over 50% of my flight this year have been delayed or cancelled. I'm pleading with all those constantly affected to contact AC CS to complain and maybe someone will take a look at this dismal airline if they get enough complaints and get us back to a reputable aircraft service.
Today the city announced they will close the Airport fro May 7/18 to May 30/18 to do the upgrades they have been working on all year. I had 2 flights cancelled in the last 6 months due to these upgrades already.
My view is now go to YYC and look for the best price. I have gone from 75k to now 25K due to the fact Air Canada keeps cancelling flights on me. The ironic point is I also have 2 - 25% off and 1 - 20% off codes but can't book a reliable flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.