Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Georgian - no planes , no pilots

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Georgian - no planes , no pilots

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:24 pm

I've experienced the same problems flying out of YQL. While the delays themselves are one thing, the issue I've found has been the lack of communication from the flight crew and ground staff on the reason behind the delays. I've started to use the Red Arrow as an alternative, as it goes right to Calgary Airport, though the frequency of service isn't that great.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ewok22
I always ensure my vehicle has a full tank of gas so that I can drive to YYC if required.
Ditto and I never went to bed the night before without conforming that the last flight into YQF from YYC has successfully landed. This way i knew the plane was in and i did not have to drive to YYC.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:58 pm

Luckily YGK has switched mainly to Jazz. Definite improvement. Sometimes I even get to fly to YYZ instead of running for via
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Yikes. These are really horror stories. Never flown a BEH on this side of Canada, in the East I've had some problems (proportionally more than mainline) but it must be such a drain for those who live in one of those cities.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Air Georgian. If it ain't broke, well, you're lucky.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: AC SE
I never thought I'd say this, as I've had plenty of IRROPS with Jazz over the years, but now that Air Georgian is operating more AC Express flights, I actually miss Jazz. I guess Air Georgian is cheap, so AC likes them, but they seem to be far more delay-prone than even Jazz or Sky Regional, who are not exactly model operators themselves.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
IMO I would say Jazz is a cut above the other regionals, they have been around for a long time have a depth of pilot experience with generally better pay and working conditions compared to other regionals.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:19 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Today AC7202 was Cancelled. I just arrived from DXB-YYZ-YYC and I am now on the late flight, twelve hours away!

So I asked what will AC do for me, I received 2 X $10 Meal vouchers and told no worries I am booked on the next flight, twelve hours away. I asked about a cab or one way rental and it was denied! So I booked a car came home, did what had to do and now will leave for YYC where I will return the car and wait for my late flight to return back to YQF, pick up my car and then head to bed!!!!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Today AC7202 was Cancelled. I just arrived from DXB-YYZ-YYC and I am now on the late flight, twelve hours away!

So I asked what will AC do for me, I received 2 X $10 Meal vouchers and told no worries I am booked on the next flight, twelve hours away. I asked about a cab or one way rental and it was denied! So I booked a car came home, did what had to do and now will leave for YYC where I will return the car and wait for my late flight to return back to YQF, pick up my car and then head to bed!!!!
ridiculous...
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum

and this is the way they treat an SE, now you wonder why others need an air passengers bill of rights.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: E50K
OP, when did you make it to YYJ? A passenger on 8557 (left YYC at 7:05 Saturday night) was raging about the delays and issues with the Medicine Hat connection, and the need to pay $100 for a shuttle. Either you're certainly not alone, or that was you on 8557, and you were showing far more patience than I would have.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:05 pm

Wow I'm glad a thread like this popped up. I frequently fly between YQL YXH and YYC and it's an absolute nightmare doing these routes. Just today AC7217 from YYC to YQL was delayed 30 minutes, which was fine... but as we boarded the bus one of the staff members left their flight plan at the Air Georgian office... which happened to be outside security at YYC. So they had to head back out, and go through security again to bring the flight plan back. Ridiculous.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flybit
and this is the way they treat an SE, now you wonder why others need an air passengers bill of rights.
Not that it's really relevant to the issue, but since you brought it up, I'm going to point out that he's not SE.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:03 pm

Follow Up

I returned to the airport for my late flight and it was cancelled. Manager offered me a cab ride to the bus station!!! I refused, got a cab ride to YQF. I am still booked for todays afternoon flight just received my update so I cancelled my last leg!

What crap!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by yyznomad
If by "quite a few times" you mean 300+ times, then I will say that you are extremely lucky.
Agree. +1000

I've experienced shenanigans on YHZ-YYG and vv. for various reasons, mostly because of operational issues at either YHZ or YYG. AC's response was to bus us to YYG, but via the ferry instead of the Confederation Bridge.

When ZX used to fly from PVD, it was a marginal experience as we would board in PVD early, only to sit due to metering. On the flights out of YYZ, a lot had to do with MX.

At least it's not as bad as trying to fly from YDF, YQY and YQX. After those adventures, and having to fly to YWK, I gave up and flew on 7F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.