Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC names new CIO; airline "on the verge of an exciting new era of IT advancements"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC names new CIO; airline "on the verge of an exciting new era of IT advancements"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://markets.businessinsider.com/n...Officer-453384

MONTREAL, Sept. 14, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada President and Chief Executive Officer Calin Rovinescu today announced the appointment of Catherine Dyer as Chief Information Officer. Ms. Dyer is based at the airline's Montreal headquarters.

"I am pleased to welcome Catherine, who is joining Air Canada at a pivotal time in our ongoing transformation. We are on the verge of an exciting new era of IT advancements that will enhance the customer experience through new products and services and also strengthen our business operations. Catherine brings the talent to further develop this IT vision and to design a roadmap to implement technology innovations at Air Canada," said Mr. Rovinescu. "Moreover, her broad experience in senior management positions at major Canadian companies in a diversity of industries qualifies her to ensure the integrity of the systems supporting and enabling Air Canada's business."

Ms. Dyer comes to Air Canada from Enbridge Inc. where she most recently held the role of Chief Information Officer and prior to that, Vice President, Information Technology. She also previously held a number of senior management positions, including Vice President, Distribution at WestJet Airlines Ltd., and Director of Sales, Communications, at Telus Corporation.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Air Canada Executive Biographies

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ographies.html

Guess the job is filled now.

AC looking for a new Chief Information Officer

AC looking for a new Chief Information Officer

Last edited by 24left; Sep 14, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I thought they were officially appointing FT as the primary AC IT beta testers.

Disappointed.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
This is great news! Finally Air Canada will launch a website!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I thought they were officially appointing FT as the primary AC IT beta testers.

Disappointed.
FTers were doing it for free and that was too expensive for AC.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
LOL
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
And the website will be run by the Totally Incredible, Terrific And Nicely Integrated Computer AC just bought at a garage sale. I forsee a great future for it.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Marlin240
And the website will be run by the Totally Incredible, Terrific And Nicely Advanced Computer AC just bought at a garage sale. I forsee a great future for it.
Brilliant. I see what you did there. ^
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Brilliant. I see what you did there. ^
Thanks. Except I messed it up the first time.

Did the edit.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marlin240
Thanks. Except I messed it up the first time.

Did the edit.
It's ok. When it sinks, you can mine for nic nacs at the bottom of the Atlantic.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They need a C _____T_____ O.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
To be fair to Air Canada...............virtually any change will be considered an "upgrade". The IT is a joke, it's almost as bad as their customer service or perception around CBC studios.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by The smallest state
To be fair to Air Canada...............virtually any change will be considered an "upgrade". The IT is a joke, it's almost as bad as their customer service or perception around CBC studios.
Shhh! They might take that as a dare and downgrade it even further...
The smallest state likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Maybe, but remember that this is the same company that recently built a "new" website by slapping an (ugly) new coat of paint on top of the old one, yet fixed none of the numerous underlying problems and created a few new ones.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Maybe, but remember that this is the same company that recently built a "new" website by slapping an (ugly) new coat of paint on top of the old one, yet fixed none of the numerous underlying problems and created a few new ones.
The new paint wasnt THAT bad.
Is it a poorly designed website in the age of digital disruption? Yes
Could it have been significantly better from both design and function POV? Yes
But it sure as heck is way better than that old butt 90s website (design wise)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.