FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YYZ T1 INT to DOM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1866418-yyz-t1-int-dom.html)

yul36 Sep 11, 2017 5:13 pm

YYZ T1 INT to DOM

A friend is transiting tonight If coming from an int flight after clearing customs and handing your bags to the cnx desk. Do you have to exit the area and re cleat security upstairs or is there a way to remain in the sterile area and head to the domestic gates. Want to make sure its worth heading out.

yyznomad Sep 11, 2017 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by yul36 (Post 28804121)
A friend is transiting tonight If coming from an int flight after clearing customs and handing your bags to the cnx desk. Do you have to exit the area and re cleat security upstairs or is there a way to remain in the sterile area and head to the domestic gates. Want to make sure its worth heading out.

Nope. Must reclear security ground side at domestic security.

Adam Smith Sep 11, 2017 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28804126)
Nope. Must reclear security ground side at domestic security.

Is OSS only available coming from the US?

yul36 Sep 11, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks for the replies, saved me a trip out there.

yyznomad Sep 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 28804146)
Is OSS only available coming from the US?

Europe and US.

So would be good to get clarity on where this person is coming from.

RZR Sep 11, 2017 5:51 pm

If he is coming from Europe and connecting domestic [ did this last week] , he won;t see his bags, the bags automatically transferred.

Not sure how it works if he is coming from USA

CanadaDH Sep 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by RZR (Post 28804228)
If he is coming from Europe and connecting domestic [ did this last week] , he won;t see his bags, the bags automatically transferred.

Not sure how it works if he is coming from USA

It also depends on the airlines involved. I thought both the arriving and departing flights have to be operated by AC/ACr. And it's not all European origins, but has to be any USA, AMS, BCN, CPH, DUB, EDI, FRA, GLA, LIS, LHR, LGW, MAD, MAN, MXP, MUC, CDG, FCO, VCE, ZRH. If not, you need to grab and drop baggage at customs.

Or has the process been expanded to other airlines and origins now?

yyznomad Sep 11, 2017 6:15 pm

OP to help us help you, please tell us where your friend is flying from into YYZ... and we will simply assume Air Canada because we still want this thread to stay here. ;)

yul36 Sep 11, 2017 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28804279)
OP to help us help you, please tell us where your friend is flying from into YYZ... and we will simply assume Air Canada because we still want this thread to stay here. ;)

She is on one of the Caribbean flights. Rouge.

simd Sep 12, 2017 5:26 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 28804267)
It also depends on the airlines involved. I thought both the arriving and departing flights have to be operated by AC/ACr. And it's not all European origins, but has to be any USA, AMS, BCN, CPH, DUB, EDI, FRA, GLA, LIS, LHR, LGW, MAD, MAN, MXP, MUC, CDG, FCO, VCE, ZRH. If not, you need to grab and drop baggage at customs.

Or has the process been expanded to other airlines and origins now?

Is that a comprehensive list of originating airports (I note that GVA is missing as an AC destination)? Where did you source it? And does it apply to connections through those airports, even if they don't originate within Europe?

CanadaDH Sep 12, 2017 5:46 am

Originally Posted by simd (Post 28805735)
Is that a comprehensive list of originating airports (I note that GVA is missing as an AC destination)? Where did you source it? And does it apply to connections through those airports, even if they don't originate within Europe?

That was the full list of included airports posted on the sign at YYZ T1 baggage claim the last time I passed through.

GVA would not apply, because there aren't any AC flights from GVA to YYZ. The only AC flights from GVA land at YUL.

simd Sep 12, 2017 6:03 am

Originally Posted by CanadaDH (Post 28805787)
That was the full list of included airports posted on the sign at YYZ T1 baggage claim the last time I passed through.

GVA would not apply, because there aren't any AC flights from GVA to YYZ. The only AC flights from GVA land at YUL.

Thanks for clarifying...

tinchote Sep 12, 2017 6:08 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 28804159)
Europe and US.

So would be good to get clarity on where this person is coming from.

With "OSS" in my boarding pass, I was rejected ("US only") every time I was coming from Europe, including yesterday.