Air Canada eGift Card Site problem

Old Sep 8, 17, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada eGift Card Site problem

I am trying to buy and Air Canada eGift Card on their website, and even though I have put my billing address in properly, the website keeps saying Please put in your billing address and phone number associated with the account.

I've tried calling their e-Gift Card help centre, but this number's agents said they are only a call centre that handles already purchased cards and I have to call Air Canada directly. Right now the call centre is busy due to hurricane rebooking so I don't want to block up their main line.

anyone know of the issue and how to bypass this issue on the site?

To be fair, based on how hard it is just to purchase this card., I might just forget about this purchase.
Old Sep 8, 17, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
May I ask why you think buying a gift card is a good idea?
Old Sep 8, 17, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
May I ask why you think buying a gift card is a good idea?
Friend's birthday on Sunday. She is flying Air Canada for a vacation. I know she doesn't have good credit, so I thought she could use it for paying for her bags or if she wants, a trip in the future. Was gonna go to the post office to buy it but ran out of time.

Ive tried different computers, browsers etc. I thought maybe someone knows of some glitch with their site.
Old Sep 8, 17, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by MaHa View Post
Friend's birthday on Sunday. She is flying Air Canada for a vacation. I know she doesn't have good credit, so I thought she could use it for paying for her bags or if she wants, a trip in the future. Was gonna go to the post office to buy it but ran out of time.

Ive tried different computers, browsers etc. I thought maybe someone knows of some glitch with their site.
Not sure if AC fixed this problem

Air Canada Gift Card, Useless?

Air Canada Gift Card, Useless?
Old Nov 1, 17, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
I bought some Air Canada Egift cards during the EYW window and I was trying to redeem them for my flights today. When I clicked on my email to view the card number the site wouldn't load. I have tried Google Chrome IE Safari firefox and all failed. Then I called the gift card department at 1-855-281-1761, waited 30 minutes before it went striaght to voicemail.Funny the voicemail box was full. Then I called the SE desk, the agent told me to forward my egift card email to [email protected] and put me hold. After 20 minutes on hold the agent came back and told me the link was broken and technicians have to be involved. He told me my best bet was to wait until tomorrow and give it a try again...Great...
Old Nov 1, 17, 10:27 pm
alc

OP - will you see your friend in person on Sunday? If so, you can go buy it at Canada Post outlet at Shoppers.

But, I do agreed with others, why Air Canada Gift Card?

You can go get PrePaid Credit Card that will do the same for what you are looking for and give you friend lots more options to use it.
Old Nov 18, 17, 5:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat - Ambassador
Originally Posted by supremekai View Post
I bought some Air Canada Egift cards during the EYW window and I was trying to redeem them for my flights today. When I clicked on my email to view the card number the site wouldn't load. I have tried Google Chrome IE Safari firefox and all failed. Then I called the gift card department at 1-855-281-1761, waited 30 minutes before it went striaght to voicemail.Funny the voicemail box was full. Then I called the SE desk, the agent told me to forward my egift card email to [email protected] and put me hold. After 20 minutes on hold the agent came back and told me the link was broken and technicians have to be involved. He told me my best bet was to wait until tomorrow and give it a try again...Great...
Did yours get resolved? I'm having the same issue.
Old Nov 19, 17, 10:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Platinum, Cathay Pacific Gold, club carlson Gold, Le club Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dtman85 View Post
Did yours get resolved? I'm having the same issue.
Yes. You will need to send an email to [email protected] along with your order details. They will provide you with your gift card number and pin. Apparently AC switched its gift card provider in October which caused all these troubles.
dtman85 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 17, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Caveat Emptor

A reminder to all here, and those on the internet searching and stumbling upon this wonderful forum...

Do not purchase AC gift cards. They are a major headache to purchase, use, and deal with.

Caveat Emptor.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 19, 17, 11:11 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat - Ambassador
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
A reminder to all here, and those on the internet searching and stumbling upon this wonderful forum...

Do not purchase AC gift cards. They are a major headache to purchase, use, and deal with.

Caveat Emptor.
That's true! I emailed them and they couldn't find a gift card with my order#. My money is in limbo.
Old Nov 21, 17, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Super annoying -- just ran into this myself and now can't use the gift card for a purchase I was trying to make today.
Old Nov 24, 17, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JordanYVR View Post
Super annoying -- just ran into this myself and now can't use the gift card for a purchase I was trying to make today.
Just a note -- emailing the [email protected] address did solve the problem (they emailed me the correct codes for my gift card). They can only do this via email, don't bother calling in.

The AC agent helping me with the booking conference called in the Gift card place. She waited on hold with me for 20-30 minutes, and filed a service complaint with AC after the gift card company could not give me my # over the phone, since they needed to ask Air Canada for it. The AC agent was very helpful though...
Old Nov 26, 17, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc View Post
OP - will you see your friend in person on Sunday? If so, you can go buy it at Canada Post outlet at Shoppers.

But, I do agreed with others, why Air Canada Gift Card?

You can go get PrePaid Credit Card that will do the same for what you are looking for and give you friend lots more options to use it.
I live in Nunavut. We have no Shoppers :P

Search this Thread
Search Engine: