Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Newbie Calculations for AC Status (lots of segments)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie Calculations for AC Status (lots of segments)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
My partial two cents is *A benefits can be replaced by Priority Pass benefits internationally. Though the quality is different. My personal opinion.
Stupid question... is "*A" an shortened version for Star Alliance here on FlyerTalk? lol.

Okay, so here's my update...

I went to the aeroplan website and found the mileage charts for Lufty/United/TAP. Re-calculated the mileage I'll get and I'll actually end with: 37184 miles.
I'm also at 35 AQS so either of those are met for E35k.

As for AQD: I think I should be around $4962.17

All in all, I think I'll be hitting E35k no prob... I don't think I could get that last 18k miles in $1100 for E50k.

And you're right, I have priority pass, so I think I should be all set for next year regardless
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My partial two cents is *A benefits can be replaced by Priority Pass benefits internationally. Though the quality is different. My personal opinion.
That's true if the only benefit you care about is lounge access. Otherwise, I don't see how Priority Pass comes close to *G.

Originally Posted by yosemite1
Stupid question... is "*A" an shortened version for Star Alliance here on FlyerTalk? lol.
Yes.

Okay, so here's my update...

I went to the aeroplan website and found the mileage charts for Lufty/United/TAP. Re-calculated the mileage I'll get and I'll actually end with: 37184 miles.
I'm also at 35 AQS so either of those are met for E35k.

As for AQD: I think I should be around $4962.17

All in all, I think I'll be hitting E35k no prob... I don't think I could get that last 18k miles in $1100 for E50k.
Stick with E35K.

Though it's no longer relevant to your situation, you also asked the best way to get AQD. You could call AC and upfare a flight or two into business class, paying the difference. Then you get a more comfortable trip, a few more AQM, and the AQD.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's true if the only benefit you care about is lounge access. Otherwise, I don't see how Priority Pass comes close to *G.

Yes.

Stick with E35K.

Though it's no longer relevant to your situation, you also asked the best way to get AQD. You could call AC and upfare a flight or two into business class, paying the difference. Then you get a more comfortable trip, a few more AQM, and the AQD.

Thats actually a great idea... I wish any of my long hauls remaining this year were AC ticketed .

What would you say the best part of *G is? (love the additional context)
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:34 pm

Serious question... why don't you switch to United? All those legs count for 100% premier qualifying miles and you don't have a spend requirement. You'll get to 50K easily with those flights. You just need 4 legs on United which you already have. I made the switch which made my life a lot easier than trying to slum it to status with AC since my company flies me primarily on Tango when I book AC. This is if all you care about is *G.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Thats actually a great idea... I wish any of my long hauls remaining this year were AC ticketed .

What would you say the best part of *G is? (love the additional context)
I don't think *G is very useful in general, but it gets you priority services (check-in, boarding, often security) on every *A airline, it gives you high standby priority in IRROPS, etc.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yannerd
Serious question... why don't you switch to United? All those legs count for 100% premier qualifying miles and you don't have a spend requirement. You'll get to 50K easily with those flights. You just need 4 legs on United which you already have. I made the switch which made my life a lot easier than trying to slum it to status with AC since my company flies me primarily on Tango when I book AC. This is if all you care about is *G.
Ahh I haven't flown UA in YEARS! I actually took some time to do the math on that using United's Mileage charts. I'm still shy of 50k miles with my remaining flights for the year. One of the big reasons I stick with AC is to double up on aeroplan points as I use the mini-RTW's often for vacations and stuff

I don't think *G is very useful in general, but it gets you priority services (check-in, boarding, often security) on every *A airline, it gives you high standby priority in IRROPS, etc.
E35k nets me priority boarding/check in with AC. I'd say 90% of my flights are with AC so that's okay.. The priority baggage would've been handy, and I guess if I were to ever book something on *A not through AC it'd be handy but that's very rare (the project I am doing that had all those other flights was a rare occurrence thats for sure). I'll probably still ponder through a mileage run just to see what that'd be like, but all in all I gotta say thanks to everyone for all the info
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:09 pm

that pretty much sums it up.....i'd also add free check in bags that will come out first. This became my favourite as I now like to board LAST with nothing on (except a backpack).

Their *A integration can be crapshoot as most of the airlines look after their own members first before others.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
That's good enough for me.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
that pretty much sums it up.....i'd also add free check in bags that will come out first. This became my favourite as I now like to board LAST with nothing on (except a backpack).
I would expect you to get arrested doing this on a regular basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.