Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Calgary woman stuck in Hurricane Irma’s path frustrated with Air Canada’s response

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calgary woman stuck in Hurricane Irma’s path frustrated with Air Canada’s response

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by vernonc
Its a inside joke. You have to be on this forum a lot to catch some of the jokes
Yes, a language all our own.

@Grog

Welcome to AC FT Central. Sometimes I think it's a reflection of Canada - a very large geographical presence on the planet, a relatively small population, a very nice assortment of animals and a great sense of humour which can sometimes be hard to understand. (Too bad you weren't here during the Air Canada lounge pickle phase.) Also, you may notice some unusual acronyms on this forum. Feel free to ask.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Grog
I mean this with all sincerity: Are you even reading the actual facts contained in the article or just randomly ranting maniacally?
100% maniacal ranting.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Umm, I hate to break it to you, but SparseFlyer was being sarcastic...
I can't tell if you're being serious about that.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

If we could try and get back to the thread topic please folks...

tcook052
Ac forum Mod.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Absolutely a great reaction by AC!

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Of course not. The logistics of finding "spare" airplanes at the wind down at the height of Summer Season is no easy task. Yet..2 77P's are ferrying down to Miami as well as dozens of other flights.
Anyone looking at Flight Radar AC flights to the Caribbean and FLA over the past couple of days can easily see some extra-section AC flights as well as up-gauged equipment to add capacity to move as many passengers as possible out of harm's way.

It's also an onerous task for ground agents dealing with a multitude of extra passengers, unfamiliar equipment and seating charts, while they themselves are also potentially in harm's way.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh, can you please give me the number for rouge reservations?
Again, this is ACV's problem. So since you asked..... 1 866 529-2079
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Nice. I didn't know the AC call centre had video phones now. How do I dial in? Is it like the new starbucks drive-thru?
The interview is provided in the link. Listen to it. It is detailed with times and and waiting periods noted. Why are you so arrogantly dismissive of this woman? She spoke to an Air Canada Vacations representative IN PERSON twice. Had you made an effort to actually listen to the interview you would have heard a calm, rational reasonable person explaining that Air Canada left her on hold (2 hours on one call), that the airline had no information and that when information was provided, it was inaccurate. The woman made multiple reasonable attempts to manage the situation: She received the standard Air Canada response of lengthy waiting times, incomplete information and inconsistent answers.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I think we all know AC doesnt have video phones. But thank you for confirming the obvious.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:46 am
Suspended

QUOTES (bolding mine):

Our Air Canada representative at the resort was dodging us,” claimed Orzechowski.

The couple said they tried to contact the airline to see if any evacuation flights were planned, but weren’t receiving much help.

“We (were) calling his phone number, it (was) shut off, going straight to voicemail,” said Orzechowski."

-------------------

No, this isn't the Calgary woman.

In case y'all missed Global News yesterday.....

Mississauga couple postpones wedding in Dominican Republic to escape Hurricane Irma

I'm not going to judge people who book vacations or weddings in Florida or the Caribbean during hurricane season.

However, between the story that is the subject of this thread (plus other media versions of it), and this story, it seems that just like the confusion between AC rouge and AC mainline, people don't care or think Air Canada Vacations is anything but Air Canada.

For this confusion, AC is responsible. When you have customers who are angry at your brand name, and then when *stuff* happens and they run to the media, the company name gets tarnished.

But that is the decision AC made and if they are going to sell products and services under their name, they need to think about the impact when negative situations happen.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3726880/hu...ican-republic/
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 24left
However, between the story that is the subject of this thread (plus other media versions of it), and this story, it seems that just like the confusion between AC rouge and AC mainline, people don't care or think Air Canada Vacations is anything but Air Canada.

For this confusion, AC is responsible. When you have customers who are angry at your brand name, and then when *stuff* happens and they run to the media, the company name gets tarnished.
This was one of the very first text messages I got from the friend I mentioned upthread:

It's a mad house at the AC counter today
Confusion is the right word. My friends also couldn't reach anyone at AC / ACr / ACV, also didn't receive any notice from AC / ACr / ACV about the availability of rescue flights, and also needed to be proactive in getting themselves to the airport.

It worked out for them, but it worked out because they took matters into their own hands, not because they were following any sort of instructions or plan from AC / ACr / ACV.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
imo if I was in a situation where a hurricane evacuation was being recommended in an area I was vacationing in the first thing would not be to fight with AC. I would book the first available flight on any airline to any US/Canadian station out of its path and get home from there. Fight with AC for reimbursement when safely back home.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
QUOTES (bolding mine):

Our Air Canada representative at the resort was dodging us,” claimed Orzechowski.

I see that Aldo dropped the ball there. Big time...

And again, there actually wasn't even a need to evacuate. The Pinero Group was moving their guests from resort in Las Terrenas and Santa Barbara de Samana to Punta Cana. Was their weather forecast more accurate than AC's?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I see that Aldo dropped the ball there. Big time...

And again, there actually wasn't even a need to evacuate. The Pinero Group was moving their guests from resort in Las Terrenas and Santa Barbara de Samana to Punta Cana. Was their weather forecast more accurate than AC's?
That WASN'T the point of my post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.