Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Flights Fuelled by Freshii as 1st Oct. 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...y-Freshii.html

vTORONTO, Sept. 05, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Freshii Inc. (TSX:FRII) is one of the world’s fastest growing health and wellness brands, on a mission to make healthy food convenient and affordable for all. In continuing to deliver on that mission, Freshii is proud to announce that beginning October 1st, Air Canada will serve a selection of Freshii’s delicious and nutritious offerings, on hundreds of its flights per day.

Freshii is proud to energize Air Canada customers throughout their journey with cravable menu items like the warm Pangoa Bowl and Fiesta Wrap for lunch or dinner and Avocado Smash Box for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.

Freshii Founder & CEO Matthew Corrin shares his excitement about the partnership, “Through this partnership with Air Canada, the sky is the limit when it comes to delivering on the Freshii mission of making healthy food convenient and affordable to citizens of the world. With restaurants operating in over 80 cities and 16 countries, it’s safe to say that I am a very frequent Air Canada flyer myself, and I am proud to partner with this global airline to support their innovation for the benefit of their customers and our guests, alike.”

“We’re excited to bring Freshii’s innovative meals and snacks as a new option to our North American onboard bistro service. This partnership offers increased choice to our customers as we continue to improve on our ‘Best Airline in North America’ Skytrax status,” says Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.

Specific menu items can be viewed in the onboard menu in seat pockets of select flights within North America offering Air Canada Bistro.
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tcook052
https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...y-Freshii.html

vTORONTO, Sept. 05, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Freshii Inc. (TSX:FRII) is one of the world’s fastest growing health and wellness brands, on a mission to make healthy food convenient and affordable for all. In continuing to deliver on that mission, Freshii is proud to announce that beginning October 1st, Air Canada will serve a selection of Freshii’s delicious and nutritious offerings, on hundreds of its flights per day.

Freshii is proud to energize Air Canada customers throughout their journey with cravable menu items like the warm Pangoa Bowl and Fiesta Wrap for lunch or dinner and Avocado Smash Box for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.

Freshii Founder & CEO Matthew Corrin shares his excitement about the partnership, “Through this partnership with Air Canada, the sky is the limit when it comes to delivering on the Freshii mission of making healthy food convenient and affordable to citizens of the world. With restaurants operating in over 80 cities and 16 countries, it’s safe to say that I am a very frequent Air Canada flyer myself, and I am proud to partner with this global airline to support their innovation for the benefit of their customers and our guests, alike.”

“We’re excited to bring Freshii’s innovative meals and snacks as a new option to our North American onboard bistro service. This partnership offers increased choice to our customers as we continue to improve on our ‘Best Airline in North America’ Skytrax status,” says Benjamin Smith, President, Passenger Airlines at Air Canada.

Specific menu items can be viewed in the onboard menu in seat pockets of select flights within North America offering Air Canada Bistro.
I believe this was mentioned in an EnRoute edition earlier this year. I recall reading about it and intended to post here but I guess I forgot to do so.

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 5, 2017 at 11:37 am
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AC E75K
This is great! Hopefully, they'll expand this partnership so Freshii isn't just catering BoB but rather some of the regular (and special) meal catering, too.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does that thing burn, and is it cheap? Bio?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I hope they have bios and names of all the graiin-fed animals they are serviing. I'd liike to read up on them.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
So I guess that Air Canada Café is being rebranded to Air Canada Bistro?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I hope they have bios and names of all the graiin-fed animals they are serviing. I'd liike to read up on them.
Yeah, it would be nice to see where the Chicken is from, what his name is, etc.

unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montezume
Yeah, it would be nice to see where the Chicken is from, what his name is, etc.

Portlandia - In the restaurant - YouTube
Love that show.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:49 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Stranger
Does that thing burn, and is it cheap? Bio?
Would the engines retain their certifications?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I hope they do something for J here except this isn't really a premium brand, but a healthier option would be good. It's weird how some of the stuff they sell in Y is better than what you get in J now... David's Tea, Made Good Snacks...

I wish they could find someone to partner with to improve the J diversity and quality so it's something a little more to look forward to. I did about 10 J flights in 2 weeks this summer and by flight 5 or 6 it was getting so repetitive and boring. Especially when they serve the same options on consecutive east/west flights like YXE-YYZ and YYZ-YYT. Can't they rotate 8-10 dishes a month instead of just 3 in each direction?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
I hope they do something for J here except this isn't really a premium brand, but a healthier option would be good. It's weird how some of the stuff they sell in Y is better than what you get in J now... David's Tea, Made Good Snacks...
^^^
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Would the engines retain their certifications?
At least some one got my point...

Oh well.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 2:38 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Stranger
At least some one got my point...

Oh well.
Energy density?

I wonder how many calories AC33 burns.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Oh dear. I may be in minority here but I greatly dislike Freshii - along with a friend at work we won't even eat it when it's free. Just never found anything there I enjoy (drinks excluded).

Not that cheap either.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
While it might be fresh, Freshii is definitely not low calorie... they were strongly opposed to the new regulations about posting of calories in chains in Ontario.

I can't find the other article I am thinking of, but here is a bit of it:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/freshi...-law-1.4100200

ps, not saying their stance is wrong - "Count nutrients, not calories" is a great way to look at take out meals - but they are not 100% clean on what is hidden in their so-called healthy bowls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.