Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next Goal on the Altitude website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Next Goal on the Altitude website

Everyone is of course acquainted with the beautiful motivational graphs on the altitude webpage. To some of us, those serve as the way to track if you will be SOMEONE next year or revert back to plebe. Last year, i managed to reach a whooping 52 segments and 10,000 AQD. I was blessed with relevance to this world for 2017, and thus my "Next Goal" moved to 75K.

Unfortunately, this year's stratosphere hasn't had the pleasure of my company quite as much and thus, i will only make 25k... maybe 35k if something comes up. The problem is that, while it's blatantly obvious that i wont even make 50K, much less 75K, the system still tells me how "close" i am, as a constant reminder of my life's failings. I have searched and quested in order to find a place where i can manually change my goal for next year, so the meters tell me a more realistic % of my progress, i can't find it.

Obviously, i don't expect AC to apply complex algorithms to decide where my goal should be, but shouldn't it always reset to 25k by default and just update when you go back up, since its your indicator for NEXT YEAR'S status not your current one?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Thatguyatthebar
Everyone is of course acquainted with the beautiful motivational graphs on the altitude webpage. To some of us, those serve as the way to track if you will be SOMEONE next year or revert back to plebe. Last year, i managed to reach a whooping 52 segments and 10,000 AQD. I was blessed with relevance to this world for 2017, and thus my "Next Goal" moved to 75K.

Unfortunately, this year's stratosphere hasn't had the pleasure of my company quite as much and thus, i will only make 25k... maybe 35k if something comes up. The problem is that, while it's blatantly obvious that i wont even make 50K, much less 75K, the system still tells me how "close" i am, as a constant reminder of my life's failings. I have searched and quested in order to find a place where i can manually change my goal for next year, so the meters tell me a more realistic % of my progress, i can't find it.

Obviously, i don't expect AC to apply complex algorithms to decide where my goal should be, but shouldn't it always reset to 25k by default and just update when you go back up, since its your indicator for NEXT YEAR'S status not your current one?

Post of the Day ^
You put "motivational" and "altitude" in the same sentence.
Also, I'd hardly consider not achieving an altitude status level as an indicator of life's failings, or life's successes.
You already know AC Altitude does not define who you are.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by 24left
Also, I'd hardly consider not achieving an altitude status level as an indicator of life's failings, or life's successes.
Heresy.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Post of the Day ^
You put "motivational" and "altitude" in the same sentence.
But it's the only title i HAVE! Even my kids' friends only refer to my by my first name...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is this a special-snowflake-mocking thread? How dare you!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Is this a special-snowflake-mocking thread? How dare you!
Didn't think of it in that way. I just wrote out my complaint then felt it was kind of a bland complaint so i decided to flair it up a tad.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Didn't think of it in that way. I just wrote out my complaint then felt it was kind of a bland complaint so i decided to flair it up a tad.
It's ok. It's partially my fault that you have this complaint anyway.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

It's ok. It's partially my fault that you have this complaint anyway.
I've seen you post that a few times today and feel like i'm out of the loop... What story have i missed?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've seen you post that a few times today and feel like i'm out of the loop... What story have i missed?
LOL.

It's the usual suspects blaming me for AC's shortcomings. Because I don't file a complaint or provide constructive criticism at every nook and turn I experience regarding the 70+ hours/ week I'm in the air and an additional 10 to 15 in MLLs per week. So yeah, all the crap you experience with AC is partially my fault. I'll continue to not complain so that you can wallow in further misery.
james dean likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

LOL.

It's the usual suspects blaming me for AC's shortcomings. Because I don't file a complaint or provide constructive criticism at every nook and turn I experience regarding the 70+ hours/ week I'm in the air and an additional 10 to 15 in MLLs per week. So yeah, all the crap you experience with AC is partially my fault. I'll continue to not complain so that you can wallow in further misery.
In that case yes... shame on you. Who the hell has time to write in a complaint about something so minor anyways? I'm with you on that one. There are more important things to do with my time... like write the exact same complaint on here . At least someone on here answers!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In that case yes... shame on you. Who the hell has time to write in a complaint about something so minor anyways? I'm with you on that one. There are more important things to do with my time... like write the exact same complaint on here . At least someone on here answers!
LOL

Honestly though... for those new to the Altitude site, I feel for them with regard to information overload... visuals or not (I find those meters a bit gaudy, but whatever).
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

LOL

Honestly though... for those new to the Altitude site, I feel for them with regard to information overload... visuals or not (I find those meters a bit gaudy, but whatever).
Well it's useful if you don't KNOW you'll make SE, but yeah its a bit too much. And the information you really need is hard to find. Maybe we should write in a complaint about that too...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Well it's useful if you don't KNOW you'll make SE, but yeah its a bit too much. And the information you really need is hard to find. Maybe we should write in a complaint about that too...
Reminds me why AC has 500K as the number you need to have before you can see how far along you are to MM. You'd think they would want everyone to see their current amount, you know, motivation.....

As for you, me and most everyone else.....the airlines created FFPs to reward loyalty. That concept had been replaced.

Now we have is "motivational graphs" to tell us how far we haven't progressed.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Reminds me why AC has 500K as the number you need to have before you can see how far along you are to MM. You'd think they would want everyone to see their current amount, you know, motivation.....

As for you, me and most everyone else.....the airlines created FFPs to reward loyalty. That concept had been replaced.

Now we have is "motivational graphs" to tell us how far we haven't progressed.
Well, at least it works for me... i am loyal to AC. Ill take UA if i need to, but it's always a second choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.