Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: How to best spend ~112,000 Aeroplan miles?

Question: How to best spend ~112,000 Aeroplan miles?

Reply

Old Sep 3, 17, 5:59 am
  #16  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K, 1MM, NH, DL, AA, GE/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 15,281
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I just want to update this thread by saying that my dad will no longer be spending the points. He has agreed to give me his 112,000 miles. Since the miles are under his name, I can't just simply merge it with my own Aeroplan account. So where should I go?
I'm not sure I understand why you would ask this forum where YOU should go.

Every one of us would likely suggest (or has already) suggested destinations that we would consider if looking at the miles you have to use.

If 10 people respond with 10 different destinations, you will still be left with the question unanswered.

Perhaps it would be helpful to put together a short list of places you'd like to visit, and/or places you've never been. And dates. At that point, I'm sure people here can offer more help on achieving that goal.
24left is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 17, 6:27 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,469
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I just want to update this thread by saying that my dad will no longer be spending the points. He has agreed to give me his 112,000 miles. Since the miles are under his name, I can't just simply merge it with my own Aeroplan account. So where should I go?
Come to Singapore, first beer is on me
quantumofforce is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 17, 8:01 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 5,810
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
So where should I go?
Where do you want to go?
Adam Smith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 17, 8:23 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West
Posts: 3,323
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I just want to update this thread by saying that my dad will no longer be spending the points. He has agreed to give me his 112,000 miles. Since the miles are under his name, I can't just simply merge it with my own Aeroplan account. So where should I go?
You dad still will be spending the points, but instead on himself it will be on you. Why do you say he agreed, did you somehow forced him to give you the points? If so bad son.
1Newflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 17, 12:47 am
  #20  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,324
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
You dad still will be spending the points, but instead on himself it will be on you. Why do you say he agreed, did you somehow forced him to give you the points? If so bad son.
Forced? LOL!
lsquare is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 17, 12:49 am
  #21  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,324
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I'm not sure I understand why you would ask this forum where YOU should go.

Every one of us would likely suggest (or has already) suggested destinations that we would consider if looking at the miles you have to use.

If 10 people respond with 10 different destinations, you will still be left with the question unanswered.

Perhaps it would be helpful to put together a short list of places you'd like to visit, and/or places you've never been. And dates. At that point, I'm sure people here can offer more help on achieving that goal.
I get that. I could come up with a short list, but I'm not sure if I can go there with 112,000 miles. Of course when I asked how to get better value out of the points, I've got suggestions such as going to NFLD. That's actually not a bad place to go, but it's out of the question during winter time whether it's for me or my folks. Maybe I'll study the Aeroplan chart then.
lsquare is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 17, 2:17 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,469
There are some cheap 1 way flights from Seoul and China That go through Guam to Hawaii or even the west coast. So I would consider a one way first class ticket to Asia and then on the way home you can enjoy a lot of beautiful take offs and landings on exotic islands, and getting some passports stamps if you're into that as well.

Then again, the real question is what would you like to do.
112k is enough to do round-trip to Sout America or Europe 1, and there are some nice winter vacation spots in both.
quantumofforce is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 17, 6:28 am
  #23  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K, 1MM, NH, DL, AA, GE/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 15,281
@lsquare

I think the point we are trying to make is

Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Where do you want to go?
Further.....

Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
I get that. I could come up with a short list, but I'm not sure if I can go there with 112,000 miles. ......
Again, to answer the question, you do 2 simple things:
1. make a list of a few places you'd like to go
2. Look at the Aeroplan chart to see if you have enough miles to get there and back in the cabin you'd like

Until you do the basics, we can keep asking you what you want or keep throwing out suggestions.
pitz likes this.
24left is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread