FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Question: How to best spend ~112,000 Aeroplan miles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1864699-how-best-spend-112-000-aeroplan-miles.html)

24left Sep 3, 2017 5:59 am

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 28770488)
I just want to update this thread by saying that my dad will no longer be spending the points. He has agreed to give me his 112,000 miles. Since the miles are under his name, I can't just simply merge it with my own Aeroplan account. So where should I go?

I'm not sure I understand why you would ask this forum where YOU should go.

Every one of us would likely suggest (or has already) suggested destinations that we would consider if looking at the miles you have to use.

If 10 people respond with 10 different destinations, you will still be left with the question unanswered.

Perhaps it would be helpful to put together a short list of places you'd like to visit, and/or places you've never been. And dates. At that point, I'm sure people here can offer more help on achieving that goal.

quantumofforce Sep 3, 2017 6:27 am

I just want to update this thread by saying that my dad will no longer be spending the points. He has agreed to give me his 112,000 miles. Since the miles are under his name, I can't just simply merge it with my own Aeroplan account. So where should I go?

Come to Singapore, first beer is on me

Adam Smith Sep 3, 2017 8:01 am

So where should I go?

Where do you want to go?

1Newflyer Sep 3, 2017 8:23 am

You dad still will be spending the points, but instead on himself it will be on you. Why do you say he agreed, did you somehow forced him to give you the points? If so bad son.

lsquare Sep 4, 2017 12:47 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer (Post 28771026)
You dad still will be spending the points, but instead on himself it will be on you. Why do you say he agreed, did you somehow forced him to give you the points? If so bad son.

Forced? LOL!

lsquare Sep 4, 2017 12:49 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 28770680)
I'm not sure I understand why you would ask this forum where YOU should go.

Every one of us would likely suggest (or has already) suggested destinations that we would consider if looking at the miles you have to use.

If 10 people respond with 10 different destinations, you will still be left with the question unanswered.

Perhaps it would be helpful to put together a short list of places you'd like to visit, and/or places you've never been. And dates. At that point, I'm sure people here can offer more help on achieving that goal.

I get that. I could come up with a short list, but I'm not sure if I can go there with 112,000 miles. Of course when I asked how to get better value out of the points, I've got suggestions such as going to NFLD. That's actually not a bad place to go, but it's out of the question during winter time whether it's for me or my folks. Maybe I'll study the Aeroplan chart then.

quantumofforce Sep 4, 2017 2:17 am

There are some cheap 1 way flights from Seoul and China That go through Guam to Hawaii or even the west coast. So I would consider a one way first class ticket to Asia and then on the way home you can enjoy a lot of beautiful take offs and landings on exotic islands, and getting some passports stamps if you're into that as well.

Then again, the real question is what would you like to do.
112k is enough to do round-trip to Sout America or Europe 1, and there are some nice winter vacation spots in both.

24left Sep 4, 2017 6:28 am

@lsquare

I think the point we are trying to make is

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 28770963)
Where do you want to go?

Further.....

Originally Posted by lsquare (Post 28773629)
I get that. I could come up with a short list, but I'm not sure if I can go there with 112,000 miles. ......

Again, to answer the question, you do 2 simple things:
1. make a list of a few places you'd like to go
2. Look at the Aeroplan chart to see if you have enough miles to get there and back in the cabin you'd like

Until you do the basics, we can keep asking you what you want or keep throwing out suggestions.