FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   OSM - Onboard Service Manager on AC flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1864610-osm-onboard-service-manager-ac-flights.html)

cruzcap Apr 21, 17 8:45 am

OSM - Onboard Service Manager on AC flights

Sorry if I missed this...boarding at SFO a woman in a brown dress uni is greeting us as we board..AC name tag with first and last name. I assumed she was the SFO concierge (if they have one) but no..she actually rode with us to YYZ. She walked up and down the aisle with an Ipad glancing down and talking to a few pax. It was a fairly bumpy ride so no time for small talk with the FAs as to who she was....is this new or a trial thing or???

ridefar Apr 21, 17 9:14 am

Concierges wear black uniforms. So likely not the concierge at all.

Diabeetus Apr 21, 17 9:18 am

Sounds like an On-Board Service Manager.

Paging 24Left - She's encountered them a few times.

Adam Smith Apr 21, 17 9:33 am

Originally Posted by cruzcap (Post 28210288)
I assumed she was the SFO concierge (if they have one)

They do indeed. The cow has plenty of stories. I only interacted with them once, last year, and the lady I dealt with was great.

vernonc Apr 21, 17 9:53 am

SFO has concierges and they have been very good.
The description fits the new AC pilot program where they have on-board service managers evaluating the service/product. Mostly by talking to SEs.

BlueMilk Apr 21, 17 11:34 am

I saw someone matching this description wandering about a YVR to YUL flight yesterday. She didn't appear to talk to any SEs (or the ACVIP) in J.

BlondeBomber Apr 21, 17 12:16 pm

I flew with a concierge one time on a transcon (she wasn't working though). Good conversation.

This doesn't sound like it was a concierge.

Kamalaasaa Apr 21, 17 2:26 pm

a woman in a brown dress uni is greeting us as we board.

You didn't hear? UPS bought AC!

What can brown do for you, eh?! :D

The smallest state Apr 21, 17 3:01 pm

She was probably doing a time and motion study to see if they can cram anymore seats into the aircraft.

james dean Apr 21, 17 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by The smallest state (Post 28212109)
She was probably doing a time and motion study to see if they can cram anymore seats into the aircraft.

...and I heard she is recommending that another 20 seats is doable :mad:

YYT82 Apr 21, 17 4:40 pm

On-Board Service Manager. I have encountered them a few times on my TPAC and TATL flights this year.

767300ER Apr 21, 17 5:58 pm

I met one recently on a ICN-YYZ flight. He had also an I-Pad and asked me questions about my expenrience on AC as SE. Looks than AC is gathering info direct from users.

yyznomad Apr 21, 17 6:14 pm

Sorry if I missed this...boarding at SFO a woman in a brown dress uni is greeting us as we board..AC name tag with first and last name. I assumed she was the SFO concierge (if they have one) but no..she actually rode with us to YYZ. She walked up and down the aisle with an Ipad glancing down and talking to a few pax. It was a fairly bumpy ride so no time for small talk with the FAs as to who she was....is this new or a trial thing or???

Just J or all cabins?

ricktoronto Apr 21, 17 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus (Post 28210433)
Sounds like an On-Board Service Manager.

Paging 24Left - She's encountered them a few times.

Could have been a nun as well.

yyznomad Apr 21, 17 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto (Post 28212905)
Could have been a nun as well.

Well, not all concierges are Saints. :p