Award seat availability

Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Academic:
It may not be worth taking the chance, and it's tough getting any awards on this route, but you should be aware that if you can get a D award on any segment of a trip and W on the others, then you will have first priority for a J seat on a standby basis at the airport. You will be charged for a D award in this case.</font>
In my case the award is a *A award using UA MP miles. I've made reservations for a business class award SYD-LAX-HNL-SYD - UA on the first two legs, AC on the last. Only the SYD-LAX leg is actually reserved in business class, I've had to go economy for the rest.

The inability to waitlist on a *A award is really annoying. Seems like a scam to try and get business class points for economy class seats.

What AC like on transpac economy? How does it compare to UA and E+?
Old Apr 16, 2003, 5:25 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
AC economy doesn't compare with E+. so it's not a great ride in the back. If you can, see if you can get an exit row. They do have more room.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 2:35 pm
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
I think Aeroplan took this one step further. The website will TIME OUT after you put in the booking dates, so you can't book anything at all. It goes back to the starting screen so you have to type everything over again.

Also, flight availabilities vary by the second. After 2000 zillion timeouts I was able to put in 3 searches within 5 minutes apart for a J JFK-HKG trip in July. Inventories change from full availiability to some, and none at all. Jeez they are gettin more turnover than the NYSE!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.