Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award seat availability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2003, 1:24 pm

You only suspected???
Old Jan 12, 2003, 1:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Think AC likes you finding out exactly how many award seats there are availble with this link?</font>
I don't think I am going out on a limb here when I suggest AC doesn't want us to know "anything". We are all supposed to be loyal customers and believe everything the comes from the "Ivory tower" at HQ and should never ever question them. After all we are only the customer.

They must cringe when they read the posts here and at Errorplan.

Old Apr 6, 2003, 9:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
My sister, a basic Aeroplan member, tried to get 4 economy award seats (for herself, and her family), on Air Canada, for the first week of August. Essentially, nothing, especially for 4 people, was available.

However, she had no trouble getting the desired seats, through Aeroplan, on Tango. It looks like, for now, that there is still a large selection of award seats availability on Tango, for the summer time.

PS-Can one see the availability of award seats on Tango, using either Aeroplan.com or Ben Edelman's web site?
Old Apr 6, 2003, 10:08 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerGoldII:
PS-Can one see the availability of award seats on Tango, using either Aeroplan.com or Ben Edelman's web site?</font>
No.

Old Apr 7, 2003, 12:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I hope you know it's 10% of the available capacity per month will be made available to AE awards. Not per day.

So if you're looking at YYZ-YEG; YYZ-YYC-YEG also counts (and this counts for YYZ-YYC and YYZ-YEG and YYZ-YYC).</font>
If this is true then the YYZ-YEG allotment being partly made up by YYZ-YYC-YEG (for example) means that YYZ-YYC and YYC-YEG would need more than 10% of the seats allocated to awards.

Either that, or they are double counting award seats, and in fact there are not really 10% of the seats available for awards.

But the only way we'll ever know for sure is if AC publishes award stats and more importantly data about how many attempted bookings were rejected. I won't be holding my breath.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 8:25 am

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ken hAAmer:
Either that, or they are double counting award seats, and in fact there are not really 10% of the seats available for awards.
</font>
Ken: How could you even think such a thing

As has been said before, AC has the worst seat availability of any of the major NA airlines. Even basic members of AA, NW, UA etc can pay a points premium and get guarenteed seat availability when they want, to where they want to go. What a terrifying concept - rewards programs with available rewards!

------------------
Saturday nights should be spent with family.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 9:36 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
StuMcIlwain, thanks for the website info. I was up until 1 am last night looking at W availability on weekends for the next 3 months on YVR-YYC. Doesn't look good at all. :-( At least this website doesn't give the error messages that aeroplan.com frequently does. Thanks again!
Old Apr 14, 2003, 12:07 am

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
Am I right in concluding that basically I have no chance of getting 4 award seats in business class for HNL-SYD later this year. The availability from Galileo is J9 C2 which, if I read this forum correctly, means only 2 award seats are available - right? And as I'll be using a *Award with MileagePlus points, I can't waitlist for the C inventory that will possibly become available closer to the day - right?

So I either have to spend the extra points and get relegated to economy; or take the risk of delaying the booking until much closer to the date - by which time the availability on the rest of my trip will probably be gone.

All advice appreciated. FYI the rest of the trip will be SYD-LAX-HNL on UA.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 6:26 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Can someone please post a link to that AC site (in German) which returns inventory based on fare code?</font>
You might also try: http://www.seatmap.com/ It's the same CRS, but you can also get real time seat maps.

BrisbanePE: I think that D inventory is separate from C,(but I'm open to being corrected) so looking at J/C availability won't help.

[This message has been edited by Academic (edited 04-14-2003).]
Old Apr 14, 2003, 6:53 am

Programs: AE
Galileo

Edited for direct link.

[This message has been edited by CPYVR (edited 04-14-2003).]
Old Apr 14, 2003, 1:51 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Academic:
I think that D inventory is separate from C,(but I'm open to being corrected) so looking at J/C availability won't help.</font>
You're right. D is an entirely seperate inventory. Also if you're claiming a *A award - even if there are D class available, you might not be able to get it since AC holds back some for their own members.

Old Apr 14, 2003, 7:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
You're right. D is an entirely seperate inventory. Also if you're claiming a *A award - even if there are D class available, you might not be able to get it since AC holds back some for their own members.
</font>
Thanks for the correction. Is there anyway for me to see the D class availability (even if I may not be able to get it)?

Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Thanks for the correction. Is there anyway for me to see the D class availability (even if I may not be able to get it)?</font>
Yes. Go to Galileo or Seatmap, enter D (or W) in the "booking class" box and it will give you that availability. If you leave the box empty it will return only the revenue classes.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Academic:
Yes. Go to Galileo or Seatmap, enter D (or W) in the "booking class" box and it will give you that availability. If you leave the box empty it will return only the revenue classes. [/B]</font>
Many thanks.

Unfortunately the flight that was J9/C2 is D0
Old Apr 15, 2003, 6:29 am

It may not be worth taking the chance, and it's tough getting any awards on this route, but you should be aware that if you can get a D award on any segment of a trip and W on the others, then you will have first priority for a J seat on a standby basis at the airport. You will be charged for a D award in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.