Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

AC Flight Pass App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
We'll see if I actually get an email....
If it's a manual process (I have no idea), probably not until business hours EST.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Email with the link was in my inbox when I woke up this morning. I cleared some emails, had a shower, went back to try to download the app, and the email was gone. Guess I shouldn't clear emails when I first wake up!!! (and before someone says check your trash folder, I cleared that as well)

Sent [email protected] an email. Hopefully they will resend the link.....
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:20 am

So I learned something today (from a reply to my feedback email).

If you go into your FP on the website, and under passengers, click your name, you can enter your gender, DOB, and KTN. Then you don't need to enter it for every booking.

I've been using FPs for years and I did not know this was possible.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Email with the link was in my inbox when I woke up this morning. I cleared some emails, had a shower, went back to try to download the app, and the email was gone. Guess I shouldn't clear emails when I first wake up!!! (and before someone says check your trash folder, I cleared that as well)

Sent [email protected] an email. Hopefully they will resend the link.....
I have to say, I am impressed! Received a response back from mobile support within 30 minutes with a new link for the app, along with a suggestion to not empty my trash too early in the morning (and a screenshot of my post above)! It appears that the AC development team is indeed getting feedback through the Flyertalk Forum!

The app downloaded very quickly on both my iphone and ipad, loaded without a problem and immediately pulled up my flight pass and my bookings. I am surprised at the speed of the app. It is much, much faster than the AC Mobile app, but I assume that is because there are limited users on the system right now.

I'll give it a workout later today, but so far I have been able to change flights and search for new bookings very easily, along with changing seats.

My early impression is ^^, and not just because big brother is watching!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:36 am

The app downloaded very quickly on both my iphone and ipad, loaded without a problem and immediately pulled up my flight pass and my bookings. I am surprised at the speed of the app. It is much, much faster than the AC Mobile app, but I assume that is because there are limited users on the system right now.
No, it's because it's a much better app.

Increased load could slow it down, but the main AC app isn't slow due to the number of users. It's slow because it's a poorly written app.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:23 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So I learned something today (from a reply to my feedback email).

If you go into your FP on the website, and under passengers, click your name, you can enter your gender, DOB, and KTN. Then you don't need to enter it for every booking.

I've been using FPs for years and I did not know this was possible.
SO FOTSG!!!

Originally Posted by ridefar
It now doesn’t stay current with the number of credits you have. Cute. I didn’t try making a booking with a pass the app thinks I have credits on but is in fact used up. Pretty serious issue...
Does it actually let you complete the booking or does it error out somewhere along the way?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:20 pm

We’ll, almost a week with the app on my iPhone and iPad. It was worked great, no crashes!

I have book flights, including transborder (where my personal info automatically populated (I’m no FOTSG)). I have also changed a flight and cancelled a flight, all with 10 times the speed of the AC app.

If only I could check in and get flight updates at that speed as well!!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:43 pm

I wanted to show a colleague the confetti animation when you confirm an upgrade. He found it amusing.

However, I booked, upgraded, and cancelled through the app in well under 2 minutes.

I'm very impressed with that.

FP bookings were always such a pain in the butt before, but now it's so easy.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Is it possible to see the upgrade availability in the app?
I have a Flex FP, and book within my upgrade window whenever possible. When I book a flight, on the laptop, I can see which flights are available for upgrade so I can do it immediately on booking. When I tried to use the app to book a segment, I could not see this, so I closed the app and booked the flight on the laptop.
Has this been (a) added or (b) there all along but evading my awareness?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I have a Flex FP, and book within my upgrade window whenever possible. When I book a flight, on the laptop, I can see which flights are available for upgrade so I can do it immediately on booking. When I tried to use the app to book a segment, I could not see this, so I closed the app and booked the flight on the laptop.
I don't see that for either eUpgrades or complimentary upgrades.

You should send feedback through the app. They have responded to me fairly quickly, either with a "we'll take that under advisement" or "that's already possible".
Old Feb 21, 2018, 3:42 pm

You should send feedback through the app. They have responded to me fairly quickly, either with a "we'll take that under advisement" or "that's already possible".
I can't see it either. Must not be a feature yet.

**this is for the AC Tech folks who monitor this thread - My unlimited flight pass expires on Feb 28, 2018, and on the website I can book flights up to and including the evening of Feb 28th, but on the app it will not let me book any flights beyond Feb 27th. The flight pass expiry on the app says Feb 27 2018.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I sent a quick feedback email to the development team ([email protected]) and as usual received a very quick response! ^^

I had pointed out the error where my FP expiration was 1 day earlier on the app than online, which they are looking into.

I also asked about having the flight pass details available on the app and this was their response:

"With respect to Flight Pass details in Profile: Please find screenshots attached of what this might look like in the near future. This will probably be added to the app a little bit after release. Our short term roadmap includes: seat preview and seat select in the booking path, displaying eUpgrade availability in the booking path, and including the partial cancel functionality (Right now the beta app only does full booking cancellation). "

It looks like your request will be fulfilled in the next release "ish".

I don't have much experience with beta testing, but the development team has been extremely responsive and helpful.

I did notice that there is a line in the app that says it was "Designed and developed in Canada"!
flyquiet likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:07 pm

What is "partial cancel functionality" ?

Would that be like if you book a two credit round-trip and decide you want to cancel one way?

Edit: Yes it is. Seems like AC is more active on FT than I am

Last edited by canadiancow; Feb 21, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:52 pm

**this is for the AC Tech folks who monitor this thread - My unlimited flight pass expires on Feb 28, 2018, and on the website I can book flights up to and including the evening of Feb 28th, but on the app it will not let me book any flights beyond Feb 27th. The flight pass expiry on the app says Feb 27 2018.
So I emailed this issue to the iosbeta email address and got a response right away from the "lowly project owner" (his/her words, not mine). Said everyone was offline (gone home) and that they would look at it in the morning.

I went back in the FP app, and it was fixed. "LPO" said he/she had nothing to do with it.

Maybe someone else from the team is monitoring this thread and fixing things in real time??
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite

They replied to me saying that there is no plan to bring eUpgrades to the FP app. It can only be used for the comp UG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.