FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Print Wikipost

AC Flight Pass App

Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by keitherson
Who's willing to bet that this is an Air Canada "in house"?
I think I mentioned that earlier

And I'm glad about it. The things they've build in-house have actually been better than the things IBM has built.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Initial feedback:

Would like to see individual flight details where there may be more than one segment per booking. Flight details include aircraft, seat assignment etc. A button to launch into eUpgrade service for the booking reference would be helpful too. Finally how about a "but another" to but another identical pass when you run low on credits.

Also need to be able to filter flights for eUpgarde eligibility.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
I am forever resetting my Mobile+ password. Now I can log in with my M+ on the main app, but not this new FP app. ugggh.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, IHG-P, Bonvoy-G
Am I the only one on a blackberry?!
no app for us.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Prestige
Am I the only one on a blackberry?!
no app for us.
Don't the newer BBs work on the Android OS?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:06 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
The amount of blackness is shocking, did these guys even bother to read Material Design guideline on use of the color and space?
Black is the new green.

Racoon is the new Celine.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:12 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Don't the newer BBs work on the Android OS?
Don't even think about it.

Every time you load an Android app you get a big warning that BB doesn't support all functions/features so app may not (read: "WILL NOT") work reliably.

I can't think of any android app that ran properly on my old BB Priv.

Seems our new IT dept hates BB as well, given how happy they were when I reported my lost BB.

Replaced with an S6.

It's high time BB should have followed Nortel.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
p.s. I like how they released an app that says "(Unreleased)" in the name.

Google literally supports beta testing for apps that would prevent the above link from working without opting in after being invited. But no, they do it this way.
I want to apologize for this.

I was mistaken about how this works. This is how the "open beta" works for Android.

AC is actually doing some pretty cool stuff here.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:09 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
It's a pretty simple app at this point and isn't really all that useful until they integrate upgrade availability (and ideally upgrade booking). My typical Flight Pass booking behaviour is to find a flight on the day I want to travel that has upgrade availability. If they could make this a one-step process that would be ^

Not sure why they have this as a separate app, but if it allows them to iterate faster than it probably is a good thing. On the profile screen it says "Designed and developed in Canada".
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
It is very quick and efficient for booking a flight.

It could use upgrade integration and I would like to know what planes and connecting cities I am booking.

But man it is fast.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
But man it is fast.
Based on the reply to my feedback email, it sounds like that was the goal.

It's a little buggy, and lacking in features, but if this is what's going to be coming out of AC, I'm happy.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Based on the reply to my feedback email, it sounds like that was the goal.

It's a little buggy, and lacking in features, but if this is what's going to be coming out of AC, I'm happy.
Me also. It will be a significant improvement just to allow us to choose a seat. Perhaps that is coming. I haven't had a reply to mine yet.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Don't even think about it.

Every time you load an Android app you get a big warning that BB doesn't support all functions/features so app may not (read: "WILL NOT") work reliably.

I can't think of any android app that ran properly on my old BB Priv.

Seems our new IT dept hates BB as well, given how happy they were when I reported my lost BB.

Replaced with an S6.

It's high time BB should have followed Nortel.
You're confusing the PRIV with a BB10 device (classic, passport, Z series, etc). The warning that you quote is what you get when you attempt to install an Android app on a BB10 device within the Android container. The PRIV on the other hand is an Android device, and while it's getting long in the tooth, it behaves exactly as any other Android device at that spec level running Android M, but with some cool BB stuff thrown in.

On topic: I would have loved to have had a flight pass app back when I was allowed to buy flight passes. Strange though that they'd separate it from the main app.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Also does everyone find it interesting these guys are investing in stuff like this on mobile but have yet to revamp their PC experience for eup and flight pass? My gut says its at least 70-30 split in terms of revenue difference.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
I did not get an email (AFAIK)... I guess I don't fly enough on passes. Such a FOTSG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.