FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles and more with Air Canada Vacations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1862307-bonus-altitude-qualifying-miles-more-air-canada-vacations.html)

JordanYVR Aug 21, 2017 11:16 am

Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles and more with Air Canada Vacations

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but noticed it on the "My Offers" section of the Altitude side a few months ago (https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/exclusive-offer) and booked a package to LAS which I flew the first week of August.

Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles and more with Air Canada Vacations
Enjoy new and exclusive Air Canada Vacations benefits including Bonus Altitude Qualifying Miles the next time you book a holiday.
As an Altitude Elite 75K member, take advantage of these new benefits from Air Canada Vacations:

A one-time 1,500 Bonus Qualifying Miles offer with the purchase of any Air Canada Vacations package
1,500 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles anytime you book a package within North America, Mexico or the Caribbean
2,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles anytime you book a package to Europe or a cruise.
Offers are valid for new bookings made between March 1 and December 31, 2017. Terms and Conditions apply.

Air Canada Vacations is one of Canada’s leading vacation experts offering endless possibilities for leisure travel around the world with flights, hotels, resorts, cruises, tours, car rentals, excursions and more. Book now

Conditions apply. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions tab found above.
Has anyone had any luck receiving the bonus AQM (or Aeroplan miles)?

canadiancow Aug 21, 2017 11:20 am

Interesting. The Super Elite version also includes "Complimentary private or semi-private transfers at select Caribbean destinations".

mapleg Aug 21, 2017 11:51 am

I have had bonuses from ACV before ranging up to 3000 or so.

mamau Aug 21, 2017 12:58 pm

We went to Mexico last April and took advantage of this. Miles posted shortly after. Transfers were included in the ACV package so I didn't inquire for the private or semi-private transport. ACV was very well organized for the ground transportation so no complaints here.

Vasbyte Aug 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28717350)
Interesting. The Super Elite version also includes "Complimentary private or semi-private transfers at select Caribbean destinations".

Took advantage of this a few weeks ago ... called AC Vacations and the agent I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. Notwithstanding, I persisted and once I provided the reference it was arranged.

The 1,500 Bonus miles also posted reasonably promptly.

JordanYVR Aug 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Vasbyte (Post 28718375)
The 1,500 Bonus miles also posted reasonably promptly.

What is reasonably promptly? The T&C say 4-6 weeks.

Vasbyte Aug 22, 2017 2:51 am

Originally Posted by JordanYVR (Post 28718630)

Kinda hard to say.

The transaction is dated on the date of the outbound flight and with the volume of flying I do, when it posted it was not on 'page one' of transactions. Only when I looked back did I notice that it had posted. All I can say is that my outbound was about 7 weeks ago so definitely within 7 weeks - likely earlier.

The Lev Aug 22, 2017 6:49 am

Deleted

JordanYVR Aug 22, 2017 8:41 am

Originally Posted by The Lev (Post 28720666)
Was not aware of this - a good idea from AC to make up for zero AQM on ACV bookings, but it makes me wonder why the 1,500 miles bonus would be "one time only".

Hopefully they continue this in 2018 - it would get me to reconsider my avoidance of ACV.

It's not 0 AQM - it's 0 AQD.

On my LAS trip, I earned 50% miles (as it was a Tango fare). So what would have regularly been 1984 AQM in Flex (992 * 2) works out to be 2492 AQM (496 * 2 + 1500 bonus). Not bad, given that the ACV fares can price out as cheaper than Tango.

The Lev Aug 22, 2017 9:31 am

Originally Posted by JordanYVR (Post 28721112)
It's not 0 AQM - it's 0 AQD.

On my LAS trip, I earned 50% miles (as it was a Tango fare). So what would have regularly been 1984 AQM in Flex (992 * 2) works out to be 2492 AQM (496 * 2 + 1500 bonus). Not bad, given that the ACV fares can price out as cheaper than Tango.

Oops - early morning brain f@rt. In my excitement I got my "M" and "D"'s confused.

Thanks.

JordanYVR Sep 5, 2017 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by JordanYVR (Post 28718630)

1500 AQM posted today, exactly 1 month after return segment.

padawanflyer Sep 6, 2017 11:49 am

I just received this after an AC Vacations package trip to LAS about 2 weeks ago. I wasn't sure what the 1500 AQM were for until I saw this thread.

pprrff Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am

Did every altitude member on the trip get the bonus or just the purchaser?

JordanYVR Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am

Originally Posted by pprrff (Post 29438234)
Did every altitude member on the trip get the bonus or just the purchaser?

My experience was that I received the 1500 AQM and my wife (E35K) did not.

pprrff Feb 21, 2018 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by JordanYVR (Post 29438334)
My experience was that I received the 1500 AQM and my wife (E35K) did not.

Crap, going on a family trip with my parents, I should have booked ours separately.