Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Change destination/date during stopover

Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Am I allowed to make change on my destination and time during stopover for aeroplan redeemed tix?
For example, I have booked
yvr hkg (stop) sin per (destination) sin hkg yvr,

and while im stopping over at hkg I'd like to change destination from per to jnb. Is it possible to do so?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:42 am

The entire itinerary (including the already flown segments) has to be revalidated and found to be valid. Otherwise, the proposed changes will be denied.

The change fee, and of course, any difference in taxes and fees will be assessed.

The award type wouldn't be right either.

I'd be surprised if it works. A TPAC routing to JNB adds at least 3000 extra miles which might run you into MPM issues.

edit: the online booking engine does allow some routings through China, so TPAC to JNB is possible, but maybe not through SIN.

Last edited by pitz; Aug 18, 2017 at 11:59 am
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Let's assume no issue on mpm.

so it means I can change destination and the zone of destination city while I'm at my stopover city ?

To make it more clear, original I booked yvr hkg (stop 5 months) bkk hkg yvr, but I want to go JNB while I'm in that 5 months "stopover" period in hkg and rebook yvr hkg JNB hkg yvr instead. Assume mpm is valid, I only have to pay the points/tax difference plus change fee?
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by hktramz
Let's assume no issue on mpm.

so it means I can change destination and the zone of destination city while I'm at my stopover city ?
I've done it, but I didn't have to also change the reward type in the process.

To make it more clear, original I booked yvr hkg (stop 5 months) bkk hkg yvr, but I want to go JNB while I'm in that 5 months "stopover" period in hkg and rebook yvr hkg JNB hkg yvr instead. Assume mpm is valid, I only have to pay the points/tax difference plus change fee?
Yeah, if its possible, that's what they'd theoretically collect from you. But I'm not sure if one is allowed to change the reward type mid-ticket.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pitz
I've done it, but I didn't have to also change the reward type in the process.

Yeah, if its possible, that's what they'd theoretically collect from you. But I'm not sure if one is allowed to change the reward type mid-ticket.
You can upgrade from J to F mid-ticket (I had an AC J IKK ticket, and at a stopover point, LH F opened up, so I paid the difference), so I don't see how this would be any different, as long as you're under MPM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.