Wiki Posts
Search

AC550 - Aug 15 oversold?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:34 am
F 1
Original Poster

AC550 - Aug 15 oversold?

Booked on AC550 YVR - LAX this Tuesday Aug 15 on a flex ticket but the seat map is full so I wasn't able to choose a seat without paying for preferred. Normally I'd rely on checking in at T24 to maximize my chances of not being bumped. But this time, the twist I've never come across before is when looking at AC.com today, all economy fares are no longer for sale, only J seats. Furthermore, AC572, the next flight out, isn't listed for sale at all anymore. So now I'm worried. Should I just bite the bullet and pay for preferred seats for two of us travelling on the same PNR? Appreciate any advice.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
572 looks oversold, but 550, as you said, is still selling (six) seats.

IDBs are pretty rare. I wouldn't worry.

Check in at T-24, and you should be fine.

Fare class (Flex beats Tango) and checkin time are mentioned in the tariffs for this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: TK *G
Being IDBed on a flex fare is extremely rare. You should be fine.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:47 pm
F 1
Original Poster

Good to know. Thanks all for the input.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
As stated above the chances of IDB on flex are slim. I'd suggest checking in online at exactly T-24 to get seats though. If there are no regular seats left at T-24 you will be able to select preferred seats free of charge at OLCI.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:09 pm
F 1
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the insight. All worked out as planned. Upon OLCI I was able to select row 12 at no charge. And at the gate, received an op-up to J. I suspect some pax were still IDB'd on this flight, unfortunately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.