Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic predeparture beverage downgraded as of August 7, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by acysb87
12.5% to 25% chance in passing stats is still better than most folks who are not SE getting an upgrade.
Lol
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Data point...
Rapidair YYZ YUL in J today.
No PDB.*

* flight was delayed so Priority was to GTFO ASAP, so most likely tainted data point.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
You must've failed stats.

It was 330 mL again.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Marlin240
- best out of five?
Silly plebeian. Best out of 101.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Did another Rapidair. This time PDB was water in a plastic cup, in addition to water in a plastic cup.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I guess they pre-empted it on my flight because I flew on August 6, 2017 and received a 600 mL Naya bottle.

Today I received a 330 mL Naya bottle.

TBH, I kind of don't care and don't mind it since it's not too much of a change from the current OJ or Water. I like to down a glass of water at the end of the flight just prior to or after landing, similar to international J on AC.

If people here fly other country's domestic/Schengen/intra-Europe carriers up front, you already know that several also offer bottled water as the "PDB".
Isn't the larger bottle standard on International flights along with PDB service including some fizzy option? The SD was very emphatic it started on Aug 7.

These changes should be announced, however insignificant, if one were relying on the sugar for some medical reason. It doesn't affect me as I get my PDB in the lounge, but I have to admit that the PDB alone is the reason I buy F cabin exclusively on DL, AA, and UA... on AC the metal is the reason I buy J, certainly not the service or soft product. (PDB is soft product to me)

Didnt touch my meal as usual, but did have plenty of scotch, as usual. Naya Bottle remained unopened in the little spot for it on the old XM 767 I was on.

As for Europe they're on the whole antibooze thing anyhow so it fits. Then again if you flew 5 hrs in Europe you'd likely be leaving europe
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Isn't the larger bottle standard on International flights along with PDB service including some fizzy option? The SD was very emphatic it started on Aug 7.
I'm not saying you were wrong; it was merely a data point. I received my PDB 600 mL Naya on August 6 on a domestic transcon.

And yes, this is typical of international PDB + fizzy, but for whatever reason, that's what we were given on the domestic.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
I'm not saying you were wrong; it was merely a data point. I received my PDB 600 mL Naya on August 6 on a domestic transcon.

And yes, this is typical of international PDB + fizzy, but for whatever reason, that's what we were given on the domestic.
Well, I'd expect consistency issues initially as all the SD/FAs and presumably catering are retrained. And I could very well be wrong; I don't exactly trust SDs' acumen for administrative details. This one didn't even know what flight he was on.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
I'm sorry for the OJ lovers out there but I actually think this is an enhancement. I'd rather have a full bottle of water than a small cup of water and (ignoring the plastic waste) is much more efficient and hygienic.

I hate plastic waste, but multiple thin plastic bottles aren't that materially different than the larger thick plastic bottles and cups and might actually be less. Even if it is more, it is probably the least damage you are doing to the environment for that trip in J.

Yeah having a beer on the ground on United is great, but that wasn't going to happen here. So we've gone from a tray of crappy cheap OJ and water served in plastic cups to a larger bottle that will keep me hydrated for the start of the flight. Let's find something real to complain about.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
I'm sorry for the OJ lovers out there but I actually think this is an enhancement. I'd rather have a full bottle of water than a small cup of water and (ignoring the plastic waste) is much more efficient and hygienic.

I hate plastic waste, but multiple thin plastic bottles aren't that materially different than the larger thick plastic bottles and cups and might actually be less. Even if it is more, it is probably the least damage you are doing to the environment for that trip in J.

Yeah having a beer on the ground on United is great, but that wasn't going to happen here. So we've gone from a tray of crappy cheap OJ and water served in plastic cups to a larger bottle that will keep me hydrated for the start of the flight. Let's find something real to complain about.
Not entirely sure how the environmental angle works here.

I traditionally consume quite a bit of water in an effort to remain hydrated due to the dry nature of being in a tin can. In the past, all I would have to do is ask for more water in the cup that I already have. (I usually retain the plastic cup for use throughout the flight as opposed to giving it back to the flight attendant right before takeoff).

Now I have to ask for 2 or 3 bottles of water throughout the flight. As a steward of the environment, this change negatively impacts the environment for me and that does not particularly make me happy on this front.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: AC Altitude SE100K, HH Diamond
AC264 this morning featured water poured into a small plastic cup with an apology that no small bottles had been provided.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just did my fourth domestic transcon in two days. This time plastic cups of water for PDB. So like previous PDB but max redux prior to zero.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Just did my fourth domestic transcon in two days. This time plastic cups of water for PDB. So like previous PDB but max redux prior to zero.
Would you like to start a wiki, flight #, bottle or plastic cup?

".....reporting live from AC 101....oh, here comes the FA...and it's bottles for J..."
lmao
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 24left
Would you like to start a wiki, flight #, bottle or plastic cup?

".....reporting live from AC 101....oh, here comes the FA...and it's bottles for J..."
lmao
I would if the widebodies had wifi.

Oh snap.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Another data point, I was in 1C today YEG - YXE on a DH3. No PDB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.