Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC-13 is back: YYZ-NRT Sunday 1st October

AC-13 is back: YYZ-NRT Sunday 1st October

Old Aug 6, 17, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Cool AC-13 is back: YYZ-NRT Sunday 1st October

Note to mods: I'm making this separate post and caption to catch the attention of and benefit all regular FTers who may be interested in this bargain J fare!

The much speculated on AC-13 is in Air Canada's schedule, one day only, Sunday 1st October dep YYZ 0900 arr NRT 1050+1 using a 777-300ER.

Fare code in J is POLCJTFO, same as before, with a total return fare of $3,670 - which works on both AC.com and Matrix. Return dates work for numerous October days and it is still possible to break the return trip to visit YVR, YYC or YEG. Stopping in YEG changes the fare to $3,801!

Hope you guys can get this before outsiders do!

Re fares, it is exactly as SPARSE FLYER says in post #2 .
Stopping over in YEG on return adds $130 to the round trip fare with $100 to AC and $30 to YEG improvement fee!
Presumably it's similar for other stops, but I doubt that any stop will be permitted outbound on this fare!

Last edited by TemboOne; Aug 6, 17 at 11:55 am Reason: Clarification re fares
Old Aug 6, 17, 11:42 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by TemboOne View Post
Note to mods: I'm making this separate post and caption to catch the attention of and benefit all regular FTers who may be interested in this bargain J fare!

The much speculated on AC-13 is in Air Canada's schedule, one day only, Sunday 1st October dep YYZ 0900 arr NRT 1050+1 using a 777-300ER.

Fare code in J is POLCJTFO, same as before, with a total return fare of $3,670 - which works on both AC.com and Matrix. Return dates work for numerous October days and it is still possible to break the return trip to visit YVR, YYC or YEG. Stopping in YEG changes the fare to $3,801!

Hope you guys can get this before outsiders do!
I think you're allowed one stopover per direction at $100 each.

Should say on the website under the fate rules.
Old Aug 6, 17, 9:20 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer View Post
Should say on the website under the fate rules.
Bolding mine.

What is that? That sounds scary
Old Aug 6, 17, 9:28 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by songsc View Post
Bolding mine.

What is that? That sounds scary
LOL oops!

I've been trying a few android keyboards, and clearly none are working out for me lol

Your ticket fate rules will decide your roll table for your fate rolls!
Old Aug 6, 17, 9:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Wait, you have to pay extrato spend time in YEG? Shouldn't AC be paying you for the misery that inflicts?
Old Aug 7, 17, 4:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
What makes AC 013 special? They already still fly YYZ-NRT (seasonally) as AC 001/002
Old Aug 7, 17, 6:25 am
Original Poster

look at the fare in J and compare

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq View Post
What makes AC 013 special? They already still fly YYZ-NRT (seasonally) as AC 001/002
For example, price YYZ-NRT return in J on AC013 dep Oct 01 0900 return AC-002 Oct 25 and it's $3,670. Works for return on most dates whether on AC2 or connecting on AC4 or AC10.

Try pricing the same dates with the AC001 1400 departure and you get the "normal" fare.

When using AC-013 you get the $1,750 POLCJTFO base J fare BOTH ways.

This odd flight pops up a couple of times a year and varies as to metal and route. I believe last time it was YVR-NRT in February using a 767.
Old Aug 7, 17, 6:45 am

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq View Post
The fare rules of the POLCJTFO fare OP has found state they it is valid for transpacific travel only on flights AC2,4,6,10,13 and the fare valid only for departures on that one date. So indeed it is a targeted fare by AC to fill up the J cabin on that one special flight (since the even-number flights are the returns). Flight AC1 on the same date does have availability in P, but the other P fares are significantly higher.
Old Aug 7, 17, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for clarification, Montrealer!

Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
The fare rules of the POLCJTFO fare OP has found state they it is valid for transpacific travel only on flights AC2,4,6,10,13 and the fare valid only for departures on that one date. So indeed it is a targeted fare by AC to fill up the J cabin on that one special flight (since the even-number flights are the returns). Flight AC1 on the same date does have availability in P, but the other P fares are significantly higher.
I hadn't realised or noticed that the special fare could be used for return from HND (AC6) as well as from NRT. I know that under normal circumstances ticketing to/from HND/NRT is interchangeable, which is handy for anyone with connections.

However, IMHO, much as HND may be convenient (we stay in Yokohama) it's worth the much longer drive to NRT to come home on the 788/789!
Old Aug 7, 17, 9:22 am

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Interesting find, TemboOne.

I just checked and avail on AC13 is P9R2 and I=Yes (on ExpertFlyer), while AC1 on that and nearby dates is at best R1P3 (usually R0) and I=no. So if anyone is looking for a 2-weeks-out J award seat (or maybe even a couple) across the pacific, here's your chance.

The seat map (for what its worth) on AC13 is wide open in all classes, though bizarrely the last couple of rows in economy are full cheek-to-cheek. So also a great oppty for several PE flyers travelling together.

It does make me wonder why the flight exists. The filled rows in economy are hardly enough to be a special group worth putting on a special plane. Is a 777 needed for other purposes in Asia? Heading for major maintenance in Singapore? Just speculating...
Old Aug 7, 17, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, but the credit's not all mine!

I just checked and avail on AC13 is P9R2 and I=Yes (on ExpertFlyer), while AC1 on that and nearby dates is at best R1P3 (usually R0) and I=no. So if anyone is looking for a 2-weeks-out J award seat (or maybe even a couple) across the pacific, here's your chance.

The seat map (for what its worth) on AC13 is wide open in all classes, though bizarrely the last couple of rows in economy are full cheek-to-cheek. So also a great oppty for several PE flyers travelling together.

It does make me wonder why the flight exists. The filled rows in economy are hardly enough to be a special group worth putting on a special plane. Is a 777 needed for other purposes in Asia? Heading for major maintenance in Singapore? Just speculating...
Others have reported and discussed AC13 before and when I realised that it was in the schedule for the second time this year I just had to do a lot of research. Apparently AC013 also ran in February but ex YVR and with a 767. There is also indication that on at least one occasion an AC014 operated. Right now there seems to be no pattern but a consistent cycle of repeats on a seemingly sporadic schedule.

I do hope some FTers get to make use of this bargain fare. Although October is our usual Japan travel month it's not on the cards this year as we hope to go back next year - for our 50th wedding anniversary. Here's hoping AC013 is repeated and we can keep our md happy and travel in J.

Last edited by TemboOne; Aug 7, 17 at 12:35 pm
Old Aug 24, 17, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Accor , ANA, Avios

Is there any chance it could be flying to NRT not as a charter to bring people to Japan , but as a charter to bring people back? (Ie you can buy 013 to Japan, but when it flies back to Canada it has been chartered completely by a group and no public tickets available--ie a 14 with no tickets for sale?) Does that make any sense or ?

PS-I just booked a J ticket today on 013.
Old Aug 24, 17, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mapleg View Post
Is there any chance it could be flying to NRT not as a charter to bring people to Japan , but as a charter to bring people back? (Ie you can buy 013 to Japan, but when it flies back to Canada it has been chartered completely by a group and no public tickets available--ie a 14 with no tickets for sale?) Does that make any sense or ?

PS-I just booked a J ticket today on 013.
I think a few of us assumed the 777 is going onward from NRT for maintenance since it isn't returning from NRT.
Old Aug 24, 17, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Accor , ANA, Avios
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
I think a few of us assumed the 777 is going onward from NRT for maintenance since it isn't returning from NRT.
So, basically I booked a ticket on a plane that needs a refurb? Great.

It could be coming back, just not as a scheduled public flight, as in a fully booked charter though?
Old Aug 24, 17, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mapleg View Post
So, basically I booked a ticket on a plane that needs a refurb? Great.

It could be coming back, just not as a scheduled public flight, as in a fully booked charter though?
I have no idea where that 777 fin is going once it arrives in NRT on Oct 2.
I only know that on AC.com, AC 2 is not the same aircraft, and I didn't see another 777 heading back from NRT on the same day.

Attached Images   

Search this Thread
Search Engine: