Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

We can't change your reservation - the tale of the 3 times rebooked ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We can't change your reservation - the tale of the 3 times rebooked ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Get ducks in row, record all calls, document carefully, send demand letter, if dissatisfied with response (if any received) go to small claims court

See http://airpassengerrights.ca/en/ for template letters
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
Well, just got off phone with AC again. No success. The agent simply refused to listen what I had to say. He wanted money for upfare to Flex and putting me back on the desired flight. When i asked for a manager, he told me there is no manager. When I repeated the request, he hung up.
In Russia, c​​​​​all centre hang up on you, lol
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
I'm pleased to say that my booking problem has been solved. I'm back in Flex and on the original flights. I received some unexpected help that sped things up incredibly.
Now I only have to hope that AC184 remains at R>0 at T-10 days
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I'm pleased to say that my booking problem has been solved. I'm back in Flex and on the original flights. I received some unexpected help that sped things up incredibly.
Was this help, "lurking" in the FT bushes?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Was this help, "lurking" in the FT bushes?
Well that's not very likely, is it?

That's good news, good luck with the eupgr
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dread_specter
Well that's not very likely, is it?
Yes it is.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yes it is.
Well you have me curious then, you speak from personal experience?
Because I know of Ben's former presence on FT, but I'm also aware that FT is not a platform that's monitored by AC Social Media.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by dread_specter
Well you have me curious then, you speak from personal experience?
Because I know of Ben's former presence on FT, but I'm also aware that FT is not a platform that's monitored by AC Social Media.
This year, there are two FTers who have had AC reach out to them after they posted about an issue here.

And that's two that I'm aware of, because they told me. Most people don't tell me these things
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: *$ Green
This year, there are two FTers who have had AC reach out to them after they posted about an issue here.

And that's two that I'm aware of, because they told me. Most people don't tell me these things
With all the recurrent simple fixable issues posted here, im surprised these lurkers can't even fix small issues.

You know, like sending a small memo about Latitude eUps.

Might be hard to monitor all employees in a large call centre, but I dont think their "ressource desk" is that big, and yet even many "resource desk" people dont know this.

My ultimate most frustrating one is when airport agents say "you can't fly to the US with just a Nexus card".
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:03 pm

Haha, well, that's most interesting! Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

I don't doubt it happens; I just wish they'd use certain threads (R/P space, Zonal boarding, IT) as a motivation to actually improve their services.

We're meant to be fighting to the top, not the bottom.

And if they got R/P space right, they'd have lower call center volumes from people having to call in 3 times - not only would this presumably lower costs maybe they'd then have quieter than normal call times.

Zonal boarding really shouldn't be that complicated.

IT - I can see there is a cost involved to fix it. Probably because it needs re-building from the bottom up. But again I don't see why even the bean counters can't see a clear ROI on releasing a website that allows people to pay for flights.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Totally agree, except for the cost thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the P/R Latitude issue represents 0.00001% of calls. I think that's why they don't care.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:58 pm

I also suspect there's a technical issue behind it.

People call because the eUp site waitlists them. And then the agents see the same thing.

It's hard to train them that you only need P, when the system doesn't let you upgrade with P.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Totally agree, except for the cost thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the P/R Latitude issue represents 0.00001% of calls. I think that's why they don't care.
Yes, but how much aggravation does it cause to frequent flyers, who are among your best customers, and people you're trying to keep happy by giving them upgrades in the first place?

I fly AC less and less these days in large part because I'm tired of dealing with petty nonsense like this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
With all the recurrent simple fixable issues posted here, im surprised these lurkers can't even fix small issues.

You know, like sending a small memo about Latitude eUps.

Might be hard to monitor all employees in a large call centre, but I dont think their "ressource desk" is that big, and yet even many "resource desk" people dont know this.

My ultimate most frustrating one is when airport agents say "you can't fly to the US with just a Nexus card".
It's one thing for an AC lurker to help with a particular PNR. Usually it's something any agent can do, just won't without intervention because of some bureaucratic SNAFU.

Trying to resolve widespread training issues across dozens or hundreds of staff in different locations isn't quite so easy. Which is not to say AC shouldn't work on it, or excuse the continued lack of training issues. It just isn't something a middle management AC type can fix with one email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.