FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Air Canada Amenity Kit Compendium Master Thread and Wiki (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1857941-air-canada-amenity-kit-compendium-master-thread-wiki.html)

pxy_a Apr 17, 2011 11:38 am

New J Amenity kits

I know they ain't no Rimowa amenity kits, but I quite like the styling of the new AC J amenity kits (got one YYZ-FRA yesterday). As someone who [lamely] collects amenity kits, I think I'll be able to re-purpose these new ones more easily than those tacky silver ones (and don't even get me started on the ultra-cheap cloth amenity kits (distributed on the day long-hauls).

canolakid Apr 17, 2011 11:43 am

I like them as well; the wider zipper opening will make reuse much easier- and agree that the colour palate is dignified. Wish they would bring back the slippers instead of the socks...

KathrynInCanada Apr 17, 2011 1:20 pm

The one advantage to the silver one is that it was big enough to hold my larger digital camera so I was able to carry my camera to a fancy dinner in a 'clutch' as opposed to an ugly camera bag.

acysb87 Apr 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by KathrynInCanada (Post 16234350)
The one advantage to the silver one is that it was big enough to hold my larger digital camera so I was able to carry my camera to a fancy dinner in a 'clutch' as opposed to an ugly camera bag.

I could picture that,not meant as a negative either:cool:

YWG-RO Apr 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Please bring back the slippers.

Toule911 Apr 17, 2011 2:47 pm

It's not always those cheap kits?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0/DSC06400.jpg

km101 Apr 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Amenities

I did appreciate the blur socks. I also have a plain white T shirt i got when my luggage went astray.
I would like some AC underwear to complete my collection.

mileageking Apr 17, 2011 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by KathrynInCanada (Post 16234350)

Really? Even though the old tacky silver one had Air Canada printed on the outside?

g46r Apr 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by km101 (Post 16234812)
I would like some AC underwear to complete my collection.

With AC logo strategically placed in front of certain body parts?

KathrynInCanada Apr 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by 1K+ (Post 16234857)
Really? Even though the old tacky silver one had Air Canada printed on the outside?

It is embossed on one side so if you hold that side towards your body it isn't bad. Lay it down on that side on the table and nothing shows. Plus, my regular camera bag for that camera is a black, leather, fanny pack that simply doesn't go with my gowns.

Shareholder Apr 17, 2011 10:27 pm

Was getting tired of the silver/blue cases having had almost dozen flights since January between Asia and/or Europe. Curious to see the new ones on my flight to PVG on Wednesday. The silver/blue cases are fine for holding various chargers and cables for my iPod/Pad, cell phone and camera.

I do prefer the slipper sock over the regular sock but haven't come across any for quite a while.

CdnFlier Apr 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Either way the cases aren't terribly attractive but I suppose these new ones are a little better than the previous.

I just wish they made the socks a little bigger for those of us who aren't larger than average. We already get short changed in the length of the pod seat the least we can get is socks that fit :)

YUL_Around_The_World Apr 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Toule911 (Post 16234680)

Where did you get this!! I kept one of those old plastic bags for my passport it's all tearing appart now!!

fin 645 Apr 18, 2011 8:44 am

I guess the new kits explain why the Fairmont coupon in my last one expired days after I got it and before I returned home at the end of March. Can't wait to get a new one later this week, but it's the contents I look for - I really liked the Deserving Thyme lip balm/lotions from about 2 kits ago.

Shareholder Apr 18, 2011 9:10 am

BTW Who makes the contents (lotions, lip balm, toothpaste) of the new ones?