FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada Meals for North American Premium Economy Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1856716-air-canada-meals-north-american-premium-economy-class.html)

24left Jul 26, 2017 12:24 pm

Air Canada Meals for North American Premium Economy Class

3 Attachment(s)
On a recent B789 transcon flight, I asked the crew if I could have a copy of the new Premium Economy menu.

It is double-sided and is clearly marked on the lower right, Premium Economy.

As you can see, breakfast has the 2 of the J meal options.

Looking at the section "From the Bar", according to the crew, the wine offered at no charge are the small bottles. However, if pax are interested in wine from the large bottles served in J, they can pay for that.

Hopefully others will be able to post menus from different meal services.

songsc Jul 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Thanks for posting. So looks like J quality meal is offered except only 2 options. That's a step up from the previous domestic PY.

Do you know what's the snack offering? KitKat? :D

eigenvector Jul 26, 2017 12:31 pm

LMU prices for a widebody YYZ-YVR this morning: PY $230 J $580

What exactly do you get for the extra $350 in J? A lie-flat seat isn't extraordinarily useful on a 4.5 hour daytime flight.

24left Jul 26, 2017 12:35 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 28610976)
Thanks for posting. So looks like J quality meal is offered except only 2 options. That's a step up from the previous domestic PY.

Ah, thanks for catching that. I'll correct the meal offering quantity.

Yes, there are snacks according to the FA I spoke with. I'm not sure what they are, but this was shown to me so I took a photo. Not sure if it's a regular item in the Premium Economy offering, and I assume it's for purchase. Hopefully others can correct my info or confirm.

And LOL.

jasdou Jul 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 28611007)
Ah, thanks for catching that. I'll correct the meal offering quantity.

Yes, there are snacks according to the FA I spoke with. I'm not sure what they are, but this was shown to me so I took a photo. Not sure if it's a regular item in the Premium Economy offering, and I assume it's for purchase. Hopefully others can correct my info or confirm.

And LOL.

I imagine you will be all over Domestic PY if double KitKats are offered in that cabin. Much better than the single KitKats you can get in the J snack basket!

songsc Jul 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 28611053)
I imagine you will be all over Domestic PY if double KitKats are offered in that cabin. Much better than the single KitKats you can get in the J snack basket!

But you can always grab two from the J snack basket, or grab four.

24left Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by jasdou (Post 28611053)

Lol. Um no. :p

Unless someone else confirms, it was my understanding that Premium Economy pax pay for snacks. (I have the J menu as well and snacks are listed as an offering under the meals, but this is not the case on the Premium menu).

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 28611078)
But you can always grab two from the J snack basket, or grab four.

I would think that crew are not going to let Premium Economy pax grab anything from the J snack basket. :p:D

ridefar Jul 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 28610976)

Of the two PY flights I have been on, snacks were offered on one, and not on the other. So YMMV.

My other more general observation is there is still a real gap between domestic J narrow body and PY wide body. Frequency of service, frequency of alcohol serving, choice for meals (other than breakfast) on the soft side, seat width is obviously not as good in terms of hard product. But it is a real step up from Y, so in that sense they seem to have found a sensible middle ground.

longtimeflyin Jul 26, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm a bit surprised they segregate the wine offerings like that. It's not like the wine served in business class is anything above Lysol quality. Even more surprised given the extensive selection of other alcoholic beverages onboard for premium economy.

ridefar Jul 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin (Post 28611319)
I'm a bit surprised they segregate the wine offerings like that. It's not like the wine served in business class is anything above Lysol quality. Even more surprised given the extensive selection of other alcoholic beverages onboard for premium economy.

Oh they also segregate the water! Pax in front of me today asked for Perrier and was told that was only for J -- PY pax get soda water. And they will like it. (I am partly tongue in cheek here because the FA was very nice and new, and assuming that really is the policy it isn't her fault.)

flyquiet Jul 26, 2017 1:55 pm

The snack I was offered on PY was a bun that had soggy lettuce and cheese and some unspecified charcuterie (one layer) in it. Not snack as in snack basket. 100% kitkat free as far as mu experience goes.

eigenvector Jul 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by flyquiet (Post 28611491)
The snack I was offered on PY was a bun that had soggy lettuce and cheese and some unspecified charcuterie (one layer) in it. Not snack as in snack basket. 100% kitkat free as far as mu experience goes.

So the classic TPAC Y "pre-arrival snack" has made it to domestic PY?

tcook052 Jul 26, 2017 3:25 pm

A reminder seems needed after some post deletions that isn't an eUp discussion thread or one for the value proposition for upgrading but rather Air Canada Meals for North American Premium Economy Class so let's please return to that meaty topic.

tcook052
Ac forum Mod.

Transpacificflyer Jul 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by longtimeflyin (Post 28611319)

Yessssss. ^

BTW, you know who else sells this Lavazza nonsense? Ryan Air. 'Nuff said.

flyquiet Jul 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector (Post 28611842)
So the classic TPAC Y "pre-arrival snack" has made it to domestic PY?

Now that you mention it, I can't recall where I was going. Not to see grandma, but may or may not have been N.A. Don't mind me; I'll see myself out.