Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Meals for North American Premium Economy Class

Air Canada Meals for North American Premium Economy Class

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Bump. Curious if anyone’s done NA transcons recently in PE.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
Bump. Curious if anyone’s done NA transcons recently in PE.
I did one in May. It was a YYZYVR morning flight.
It was fun constantly mingling with the Y crowd, constantly spilling over to the PY space!
How dare I say such things!
Old Oct 9, 2019, 2:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 101 YYZ-YVR October 2019

I took photos pf the menu. PE also gets a snack basket but I did not see what was in it.

Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by 24left
AC 101 YYZ-YVR October 2019

I took photos pf the menu. PE also gets a snack basket but I did not see what was in it.

Been told it’s the same as domestic J - Lindt, Ms Vickie’s, Kit Kat etc.

It sounds like pretty confused product. I’ve heard that they provide Y pillows but no blankets on some (all?) transcon redeyes. Anyone know if that’s true?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by yulred
Been told it’s the same as domestic J - Lindt, Ms Vickie’s, Kit Kat etc.

It sounds like pretty confused product. I’ve heard that they provide Y pillows but no blankets on some (all?) transcon redeyes. Anyone know if that’s true?
The only snack basket I've ever seen on domestic and TATL PY were filled with Peak Freans sawdust cookies. Maybe TPAC PY has a different standard?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: AC E50K
YYZ-LAX AC793 September 2019

Menu

Lasagna -- Was ok. A bit watery but good overall. Salad was fresh and the bread was warm too. Also, it should be a crime to serve carrot cake without cream cheese icing

Snack Basket was the J/YTZ-YUL basket. Was a bit annoying but I had to ask for it to come around on this flight.

And I found this in the seat pocket from the flight before (AC034).
Old May 30, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
PE Meal Services YYZ/YVR

Recently booked YYZ/YVR in PE on AC123 and happen to shows meal services for PE. Equip says 789 With current restrictions anyone know if this is a hot meal or will it be a wrap/snack box?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:03 am

Meal was still a cold chicken wrap box in PE as of last week.

PE YYC-YYZ May 2021
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by gcashin
Meal was still a cold chicken wrap box in PE as of last week.

PE YYC-YYZ May 2021
There is nothing Premium about this cold snack. Travelling on AC 788-8/9/777 in PE is great experience - due to aircraft and more often than not excellent service. Meal/beverage offering is quite subpar to what it used to be pre-corona. Time to bring back hot meals and proper china and cutlery AC! Thank you.
BlondeBomber and gcashin like this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by brewster
Recently booked YYZ/YVR in PE on AC123 and happen to shows meal services for PE. Equip says 789 With current restrictions anyone know if this is a hot meal or will it be a wrap/snack box?
Originally Posted by gcashin
Meal was still a cold chicken wrap box in PE as of last week......
@brewster
On my recent flights, I asked about PE meals and was told it is exactly as @gcashin posted.
Crew did not know when hot meals would return.
Vaclav likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Vaclav
There is nothing Premium about this cold snack. Travelling on AC 788-8/9/777 in PE is great experience - due to aircraft and more often than not excellent service. Meal/beverage offering is quite subpar to what it used to be pre-corona. Time to bring back hot meals and proper china and cutlery AC! Thank you.
Yes, agree there's nothing premium about it. The chicken wrap was soggy and had 2 bites of rubber chicken. The chicken wrap was ice cold, but the white wine was warm.

I presume the white wine needs to be served warm because of COVID, as that seems to be the story for all the service reductions.

Originally Posted by 24left
@brewster
On my recent flights, I asked about PE meals and was told it is exactly as @gcashin posted.
Crew did not know when hot meals would return.
At least the PE meal has a KitKat, though? ;-) But it would be nice if they could restore some reasonable meals to PE as well, as the KitKat is the only decent part of the PE meal.
Vaclav and 24left like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:22 am

What can I expect on YUL-YYZ in premium economy?
complimentary meal box including a pre-selected meal and snack item from the Air Canada Bistro ?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
complimentary meal box including a pre-selected meal and snack item from the Air Canada Bistro ?
I reckon you will receive nothing as the service reductions are still in place. YUL-YYZ is an hour long flight - J only gets the standard Greek salad and hummus box.
hoipolloi likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
Nada...same as Y

Drink and pretzels

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.