Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Meals for North American Premium Economy Class

Air Canada Meals for North American Premium Economy Class

Old Jul 8, 21, 3:34 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Last night I was on AC311 (YUL0YVR) in Premium on B787-8.
The YUL airport was a zoo, they were not ready for the sudden upswing in demand for intra-Canada travel.
This particular flight was quite full and AC was selling items from the Bistro in Y.
The food and beverage offer in Premium was less than underwhelming - the same nasty chicken wrap.
I am not sure why. Westjet is making news by returning to pre-covid service. Why is AC lagging behind?
Yes, and the flight was 45 minutes late on departure (mechanical issues) and it took almost 3/4 of an hour to retrieve checked luggage at YVR.
Can AC do better than that?
Old Jul 9, 21, 8:15 am

Programs: AC 75k, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC
For comparison, in an email sent out a few days ago, Westjet stated their full service has returned and this is what they show for Premium Economy service...

Ron.
Vaclav likes this.
Old Jul 9, 21, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Vaclav View Post
Last night I was on AC311 (YUL0YVR) in Premium on B787-8.
The YUL airport was a zoo, they were not ready for the sudden upswing in demand for intra-Canada travel.
I posted this in the other thread but if there was no vaccine yet, the wait for security at YUL would easily be a super spreader event.
Vaclav likes this.
Old Jul 14, 21, 9:52 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by newfbc View Post
For comparison, in an email sent out a few days ago, Westjet stated their full service has returned and this is what they show for Premium Economy service...

Ron.
Indeed - that is what WS now does. I was on their red eye YVR-YYZ on July 11, and the service in Premium was spectacular.

On the other hand, the Premium experience on AC 311 (YUL-YVR) on July 7 (B787-9) had very little premium content besides the seat.
They served the same low-grade chicken wrap with some snacks, wine (not that great) was also available.
The FA told me that due to covid (same lame excuse) we would have to wait...
Nevertheless, covid did not prevent AC from selling again the Bistro items in Economy on the same flight.
So overall, the Premium cabin had the worst food and beverage offer of the three cabins.
Is this going to change soon?
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 21, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Vaclav View Post
Indeed - that is what WS now does. I was on their red eye YVR-YYZ on July 11, and the service in Premium was spectacular.

On the other hand, the Premium experience on AC 311 (YUL-YVR) on July 7 (B787-9) had very little premium content besides the seat.
They served the same low-grade chicken wrap with some snacks, wine (not that great) was also available.
The FA told me that due to covid (same lame excuse) we would have to wait...
Nevertheless, covid did not prevent AC from selling again the Bistro items in Economy on the same flight.
So overall, the Premium cabin had the worst food and beverage offer of the three cabins.
Is this going to change soon?
Fingers crossed:

Pischos says that Air Canada does have plans to launch new food “enhancements” later this summer, likely when it will expect a wave of newly vaccinated passengers. The airline has already started trialing new bistro options on some flights, allowing passengers to purchase new food items on board.

https://modernfarmer.com/2021/07/fro...to-tray-table/
Vaclav likes this.

Search this Thread