Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will AC continue to ignore YYC?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
763 back replacing 788 for AC9/AC10 is really bad news!

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
763 is back on the schedule for the winter at the moment, has been for a while.
This is a huge disappointment for those of us from YYZ and east who want to break their journey in YEG on the way home from NRT/HND.

Having experienced the 788/789 to / from Japan there is no way that we can return to the 763 or even the 777s!

Now we know why you folks in YYC bemoan AC's indifference for you. If we are going NRT to YEG then although connecting at YYC is more convenient, YVR has the 788/789 service and we'll choose it over YYC's 763 despite the longer journey!
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by TemboOne
This is a huge disappointment for those of us from YYZ and east who want to break their journey in YEG on the way home from NRT/HND.

Having experienced the 788/789 to / from Japan there is no way that we can return to the 763 or even the 777s!

Now we know why you folks in YYC bemoan AC's indifference for you. If we are going NRT to YEG then although connecting at YYC is more convenient, YVR has the 788/789 service and we'll choose it over YYC's 763 despite the longer journey!
No disappointment to me. 767 J pod are still good in my books.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
incoherent

The title of this thread is incoherent ("AC continue to ignore YYC?") and inconsistent with the Calgary Herald article.
The article notes (correctly) that WS turns out of YYC have surpassed pre-recession levels. Fair enough. I did not see anything in the article which suggests that AC is ignoring YYC - as many of the posts attest.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The title of this thread is incoherent ("AC continue to ignore YYC?") and inconsistent with the Calgary Herald article.
The article notes (correctly) that WS turns out of YYC have surpassed pre-recession levels. Fair enough. I did not see anything in the article which suggests that AC is ignoring YYC - as many of the posts attest.
I think you missed the point of the thread, but - it is a long thread
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I think that the fact that AC is installing AC9/10 with 763 starting Sept 30 this year, completely justifies the title "AC continues to ignore YYC"!

At least I am deeply disappointed by this 763 redeployment for YYC-NRT.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 7:51 pm

Classic 763 J Pods - YYC - NRT rather than 787 Suites ex YVR?

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
No disappointment to me. 767 J pod are still good in my books.
Been TPAC to/from NRT/HND in the J Pods on the 767 and 777 (before conversion) and there is no comparison with the 788s/789s ever.

Why the 767 J Pods haven't been converted and they're just filling-in at YYC for NRT is beyond me. Probably going to be converted to Rouge directly once AC has enough metal to do without them on mainline services. Regardless it does mean that YYC gets second-best service
Old Jul 30, 2017, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Is anyone expecting AC to get more wide bodies? 330s? 777s? 789s?

According to the AC Fleet page with the fin numbers, they have all of the 789s listed.

Air Canada - Fleet Identification Numbers (FIN)

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...leet/fins.html

Planespotters.net is showing 1 additional 789 on order, but I don't know if that is accurate.

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Air-Canada?p=3

Canadian Aviation News is showing 4-5 additional fins.

https://canadianaviationnews.files.w...787-jun-25.pdf

So, for YYC-NRT, it's either an old 763 or one of the newer aircraft.

Thoughts?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by 24left
Is anyone expecting AC to get more wide bodies? 330s? 777s? 789s?
789s are still on order and have not completely been delivered yet. AC has been replacing 763s with these and shifting the 763s to rouge.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
I understand there are still 6-8 789s yet to arrive, and deliveries should end in 2019.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:38 pm

Smile That is potential good news for YYC!

Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
789s are still on order and have not completely been delivered yet. AC has been replacing 763s with these and shifting the 763s to rouge.
While it's just speculation on the chance of the 763s being retired - pensioned off to Rouge probably - and YYC-NRT getting year round 788/789 service looks good.

We'll go out of our way to fly on the 788/789 fleet, avoiding all else, and if YYC has them; wonderful! The higher flying birds, often at 41,000 ft and clean air on the Dreamliners makes a world of difference on a TPAC/TATL flight!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA Executive, DL Skymiles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I propose that AC should cancel all non-YEG-YYC flights out of YEG. All travel out of YEG must connect through YYC.

#makeYYChubagian
Nooooo I fly out of YEG and between connecting there and driving down to YYC (or taking the bus) I spend way too much time in that airport. I enjoy flying Q400/Dash 8 flights between the cities though, you can sightsee. But YYC is such a boring airport.

My new strategy for US departures or international destinations is to take the DL YEG-SEA or the UA YEG-DEN and go from there.

Its funny because I've been seeing a lot of WS bookings from YYZ-YEG routing though YOW now instead of YYC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.