Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Do You Know Who I Am (DYKWIA) Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do You Know Who I Am (DYKWIA) Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by aionesu
I first hit SE around 23 and I often found myself having to DYKWIA not preemptively but reactionarily to comments such as "sir, this is Zone 1, read your boarding pass" and "sir, the lounge is for gold members only" and "sir, you're sitting in a business class seat". This stopped when:

1) I stopped shaving 3 nights before my flights
2) I started wearing a suit/jacket on all flights

Now that I'm 30 they've stopped with those comments
I was the same as you in this regard, except that I'm not 30 now.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jlisi984
Woohoo - I’m in my 20s, and I’m still SE.

oops, we’re we talking about the opposite?

DYKWIA?
You're nothing but a world renowned classical pianist. So whatever.

Nobody knows who you are.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:37 am

reminds me of my recent SEA-YYZ flight on AC542. She went and ask people, UM and myself (carrying GHT Jr) whether we were in business class, pushing her way up and lecturing those this is a "J class line".

Fast forward....got to me (and those that know me I'm naturally loud)..... "yes i'm in J class, also this plane ain't leavin til GHT Jr and I are on-board, so chill out mam"........

Received smiles from the customers and gate agent nearby. LOL
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
reminds me of my recent SEA-YYZ flight on AC542. She went and ask people, UM and myself (carrying GHT Jr) whether we were in business class, pushing her way up and lecturing those this is a "J class line".

Fast forward....got to me (and those that know me I'm naturally loud)..... "yes i'm in J class, also this plane ain't leavin til GHT Jr and I are on-board, so chill out mam"........

Received smiles from the customers and gate agent nearby. LOL
I'm only asking because you put it in quotes, but did she say "J class" or "business class"?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm only asking because you put it in quotes, but did she say "J class" or "business class"?
Or first class?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Or first class?
Or jumpseat?
Old May 16, 2018, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
EYW flight #42 - AC697 YYT-YYZ May 6 - E90 J

At check-in there were only 3 seats occupied in J, but ended up leaving full (9 seats)
I'm seated in 3A and there's an gentleman (in his 50-60s) in front of me in 2A. The FA comes around prior to take off to take meal orders. She goes to him first and asks him if he wants pasta/chicken and he says chicken. She says "ah, just hold on a minute I need to check with one SE to see what they want first". She comes over to me and asked what i want, and pick the chicken (guess it was the last one). She goes back to him and says "sorry, we only have pasta left"... he bursts out "well, i don't want the pasta! i wanted the chicken! fine, just whatever!"

She walks away. After take off she offers him a hot towel, he declines. She offers him a beverage, he declines.
After everyone is served their food and the FA goes to the back to help with the service there he dings the bell. He abruptly asks, "where's my food?"... she says "well, i didn't think you wanted anything?"... "no, i said fine! i'd take the pasta"... she nods and goes into the galley to put together his meal.

After he finishes his meal, he put the tray on the ground (half way in the aisle)

I've never seen so much of a temper tantrum for a grown man before!
Old May 16, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
I'm sitting on 872 last fall, we're boarded and almost ready to push back. Here comes a very late passenger ... big lady with a heavy coat and two very large bags. Overheads are full and have been closed already by the FAs. Lady opens a couple of bins, sees they're already packed, and huffs. Then to my amazement she pulls out two bags, places them in the aisle, and shoves her own bags in the bin. Then she sits down, leaving the bags in the aisle.

Needless to say, the two pax who owned those bags had something to say about this. Here comes the FA, and the lady starts with this DYKWIA act. It began to escalate, and I seriously began to wonder if she would be thrown off the plane. Finally she relented and let the FA check her bags ... original rollaboards were put back where they started out, and we all spent the next 8 hours listening to this woman huff and sigh and grumble about having never been treated like this before and someone at AC head office better watch out.
philelite and mapleg like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by philelite

After he finishes his meal, he put the tray on the ground (half way in the aisle)

We should really insist that this thread be enhanced by pictures!
Old May 16, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Symmetre
Then she sits down, leaving the bags in the aisle..
Like I just said! Pictures would be epic!
musicmtl and philelite like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
We should really insist that this thread be enhanced by pictures!
The wall of shame.
Old May 16, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

At check-in there were only 3 seats occupied in J, but ended up leaving full (9 seats)
I'm seated in 3A and there's an gentleman (in his 50-60s) in front of me in 2A. The FA comes around prior to take off to take meal orders. She goes to him first and asks him if he wants pasta/chicken and he says chicken. She says "ah, just hold on a minute I need to check with one SE to see what they want first". She comes over to me and asked what i want, and pick the chicken (guess it was the last one). She goes back to him and says "sorry, we only have pasta left"... he bursts out "well, i don't want the pasta! i wanted the chicken! fine, just whatever!"

She walks away. After take off she offers him a hot towel, he declines. She offers him a beverage, he declines.
After everyone is served their food and the FA goes to the back to help with the service there he dings the bell. He abruptly asks, "where's my food?"... she says "well, i didn't think you wanted anything?"... "no, i said fine! i'd take the pasta"... she nods and goes into the galley to put together his meal.

You should have thrown him a couple of pieces of well chewed chicken.
Old May 16, 2018, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC

In my defense, I had a bad day.
Old May 16, 2018, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
In my defense, I had a bad day.
You two met at Dorian's party. It wasn't you.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You two met at Dorian's party. It wasn't you.
Some might say, longtimeflyin, that you aren't you. WKWYA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.