Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Embraer 175 (E75) seating and carry-on baggage information (2016 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

I haven't flown on an AC E75 for a while and can't remember if there is a bulkhead restricting legroom between J and Y or if it's just a curtain like on the 321. How is row 12 on this bird? Does 12C have the IFE in the armrest? Is 12D a better choice due to this seat being properly aligned with the row 3 J seat? Or would rows 13-16 be better?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jasdou
I haven't flown on an AC E75 for a while and can't remember if there is a bulkhead restricting legroom between J and Y or if it's just a curtain like on the 321. How is row 12 on this bird? Does 12C have the IFE in the armrest? Is 12D a better choice due to this seat being properly aligned with the row 3 J seat? Or would rows 13-16 be better?
There is a bulkhead at row 12. IFE is on the bulkhead for both 12 A,C. If you are in 12C you can stick your feet out in the aisle as long as there is no service going on. The bulkhead however does restrict legroom quite a bit. Personally I'd go with row 19 (exit row), however if that isn't available there is nothing wrong with 12C or row 13.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
There is a bulkhead at row 12. IFE is on the bulkhead for both 12 A,C. If you are in 12C you can stick your feet out in the aisle as long as there is no service going on. The bulkhead however does restrict legroom quite a bit. Personally I'd go with row 19 (exit row), however if that isn't available there is nothing wrong with 12C or row 13.
Thanks, YHZ_Flyer. I'm currently waitlisted for an upgrade so hopefully I'll get lucky. Otherwise, I will be fine in a preferred seat.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by YHZ_Flyer
Row 19 is the exit row on the E90, not the E75. There's no mid-cabin exit on the E75. Preferred seats are rows 12-16. Personally, I'd take one of the preferred seating rows other than the bulkhead (rows 13-16), as I do find the bulkhead can constrain legroom for those with long legs.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by gcashin
Row 19 is the exit row on the E90, not the E75. There's no mid-cabin exit on the E75. Preferred seats are rows 12-16. Personally, I'd take one of the preferred seating rows other than the bulkhead (rows 13-16), as I do find the bulkhead can constrain legroom for those with long legs.
Haha omg I really confused that. Very unlike me to get any plane facts incorrect
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
First Y row aisle seat always works if you are not sure of the exact configuration an any particular aircraft. Condition: strong/sturdy/old shoes to withstand/protect from potential hit from the cart or high heel!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Amb
E175 Preferred Seats

UA *G flying ORD-YUL this week on the AC Express E175 (couldn't stomach the thought of the UA RJ145s on this route).

I'm seeing conflicting info on the number of preferred seating rows on the 175. Seatguru and AC.com show 5 rows of preferred seating, while the Seat Selection tool only shows 3 rows of preferred seating.

If I select a seat in row 15 or 16, will it have better legroom?

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC*A
I imagine this is one of the newly-delivered ERJs that have an extra row of J and the same number of Y seats as the original configuration. I'm guessing they managed to do that by removing some Y+ rows.

To answer your question, I doubt 15 or 16 would have more legroom, barring a last minute switch.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Orcair
I imagine this is one of the newly-delivered ERJs that have an extra row of J and the same number of Y seats as the original configuration. I'm guessing they managed to do that by removing some Y+ rows.

To answer your question, I doubt 15 or 16 would have more legroom, barring a last minute switch.
Actually all E175 flights are showing the new seat map most likely to avoid confusion while the reconfig occurs. As of right now only the 3 new E175s have the new config, so you have a high chance of getting extra legroom in row 15, 16 for now. All E175s will be in the new config sometime this fall.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:10 pm

Ahh, thanks for the info. Didn't see mention of the reconfig in my search of the forum.

So guessing that the three new config E175s would be among the C-FRQx tail numbers?

I'll have to try and track which bird is coming in for my flight.

Also, do the 175s have the full Air Canada Cafe selection on these flights?

Thanks again.

Last edited by mmayer; Jul 10, 2017 at 7:57 am
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by mmayer
Also, do the 175s have the full Air Canada Cafe selection on these flights?
At 750mi, probably not. I would assume they have no hot food at all.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:29 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The AirCanada café menu states that snacks are available on flights of 90 minutes or more, with "fresh meal selection" being available on flights of 2 hours or more. So based on flying time (2-2:30 hours depending on direction) something more substantial than snacks might be offered. That said, as mentioned by RangersNS, the Embraer aircrafts do not offer any hot food items, other than mac and cheese. According to the menu, the sushis would also not be available
https://www.aircanada.com/content/da..._cafe_menu.pdf
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:44 am

To wrap this up, I did have a preferred seat on the way out (flew on C-FEJK).

Oddly, no Air Canada Cafe offered at all, just drinks.

Upgraded to Business on the return, so didn't see if that bird still had 5 rows of preferred seats -- but did hear the announcement that Air Canada Cafe would be available for purchase.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:24 pm

Has anyone travelled on one of these planes with Air Canada lately? If so, I'm curious to hear your experience with overhead bin space.

I'm flying YYZ-ATL tomorrow on Embraer E-175, and I read on SeatGuru that people with rollerbags are forced to check them, as they will not fit in the overhead bins, although I've read some other posts here on FT that say most of the time they can fit sideways and the FAs will allow you to bring them on board.

I'm packing very, very light to specifically to avoid having to deal with baggage at ATL, so I would be really ticked if I end up having to check my bag anyway.

I have a smaller 18" high roller -- wondering if I should pack this one instead of my 20" high roller I've already packed. Thinking the smaller one will have a better chance of making it on the plane. I will have a personal item, too - and I can't fit both under the seat...

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 21, 2023 at 4:06 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I was Zone 1 on that flight recently, and my (if I'm being totally honest) possibly slightly over sized rollerbag was put underneath. I had to get it at baggage claim.

If you can get everything into the smaller bag, its worth trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.