Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

TPAC Food downgrade is irritating. Miniature Croissants? Learn from DeltaOne pls!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TPAC Food downgrade is irritating. Miniature Croissants? Learn from DeltaOne pls!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC -SE, SPG-PLT, HH-G, Natl XcElite

Seriously, AC you are letting us down on your TPAC routes food-wise. Delta One is kicking your ... on Food quality, choice and quantity.

Who decided to make your breakfast croissants 1/4 the size of last year? Seriously? After a week or three of food in Asia, I want something of western taste and your croissants are actually decent (When hot)

Anyone notice Maple syrup has disappeared from Maple leaf lounges for oatmeal consumers? Really? Like how many loonies are you saving compared to IRROPs costs?

Instant noodle snack midflight in J class are no better than economy. What is served is an insult to your customer.

PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AC!!! Surprise us with some more selection and rotation of your menu choices...

Yes, I just finished my first TPAC Delta flight from Detroit to HKG because it was $2.5k cheaper to do the stopover from YYZ than to go direct on AC J. And the inconvenience doesn't seem so bad all of a sudden.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
They've been slipping for awhile, a long while sadly. Poor service, bad customer reviews and an MLL that just keeps getting left behind.

I was on a YVR-ICN flight where the FA served vodka out of a mickey. It was the type that a homeless man would use.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by DistressedAssetInvestor
PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AC!!! Surprise us with some more selection and rotation of your menu
To do so we have to get our acts together first by not booking AC.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Seriously, AC you are letting us down on your TPAC routes food-wise. Delta One is kicking your ... on Food quality, choice and quantity.

Who decided to make your breakfast croissants 1/4 the size of last year? Seriously? After a week or three of food in Asia, I want something of western taste and your croissants are actually decent (When hot)

Anyone notice Maple syrup has disappeared from Maple leaf lounges for oatmeal consumers? Really? Like how many loonies are you saving compared to IRROPs costs?

Instant noodle snack midflight in J class are no better than economy. What is served is an insult to your customer.

PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AC!!! Surprise us with some more selection and rotation of your menu choices...

Yes, I just finished my first TPAC Delta flight from Detroit to HKG because it was $2.5k cheaper to do the stopover from YYZ than to go direct on AC J. And the inconvenience doesn't seem so bad all of a sudden.
While I agree with the general sentiment, with respect to the mini croissants specifically, couldn't you just ask for another one (or two or three)? I don't think everyone eats those (me, for example), so I'm sure they have extras to give out.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The smallest state
They've been slipping for awhile, a long while sadly. Poor service, bad customer reviews and an MLL that just keeps getting left behind.

I was on a YVR-ICN flight where the FA served vodka out of a mickey. It was the type that a homeless man would use.
You've mentioned this numerous times, but international J always has liquor served out of a mickey.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: *$ Green

Which soup are they using now? I had it not that long ago and it seemed to be the same as 3 years ago.

They even served it in the bowl this time instead of being lazy!

The dim sums were definitely not as good though, but I guess the HKG community in YUL has spoiled us over the years...
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Error 601
Even after Googling I still unclear as to what a Mickey is.
It's a Canadianism. For future reference, a "Texas mickey" also has nothing to do with Texas, it refers to super-sized bottle of liquor (around 100 oz).
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by eigenvector
It's a Canadianism. For future reference, a "Texas mickey" also has nothing to do with Texas, it refers to super-sized bottle of liquor (around 100 oz).
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Texas_mickey
Old Jul 9, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I had a chuckle on the OP as I have been observing the same for the past year.
Whether wine or entree, there is much to improve, not that the airline is listening. And what a laugh I had on the airfare. Depending on the day of the week and the seat sale, most of the major (quality) airlines do much better than AC for the Canadian TPAC routes.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
You've mentioned this numerous times, but international J always has liquor served out of a mickey.
No they haven't.

...........I guess using the term 'Mickey' should really accelerate my thinking about going from Landed Immigrant to Citizen.

My daughters are proud Canadians (dual citizens really) and I will be back for another 2 year stint in Vancouver soon.

But no. No AC international J does NOT serve Alberta Pure out of a mickey/fifth. Alberta Pure is not on the AC list. Absolutely not. Not in a little bottle, not in a mickey, not in a magnum. NO
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I had a chuckle on the OP as I have been observing the same for the past year.
Whether wine or entree, there is much to improve, not that the airline is listening. And what a laugh I had on the airfare. Depending on the day of the week and the seat sale, most of the major (quality) airlines do much better than AC for the Canadian TPAC routes.
Totally agree on this. 5 years ago I was willing to pay a premium to fly AC on TPAC. Now AC only gets my business on TPAC if it has rock bottom fares. Now with the devaluation of Altitude/Aeroplan, as well as the declining service, I have less and less reasons to fly AC on TPAC routes.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
Totally agree on this. 5 years ago I was willing to pay a premium to fly AC on TPAC. Now AC only gets my business on TPAC if it has rock bottom fares. Now with the devaluation of Altitude/Aeroplan, as well as the declining service, I have less and less reasons to fly AC on TPAC routes.
Some of the FA's have even stopped trying.............they don't even pretend anymore.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:23 pm

That's why I stopped flying AC on TPAC routes.
There are many other airlines out there that are so much better for TPAC flying.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by The smallest state

And the Majority of the world airlines. They are actual not Mickey's, but special bottle made for airlines.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eigenvector
This.

Domestic/tb it is the little tiny bottles made for airlines.

On international, it is the larger sized free pour bottles that are shaped like a large "Mickey", and typically hard plastic clear shell material with screw top (no cork). Imagine the typical stainless steel metal flasks in the inside pocket of your trenchcoat, stumbling home as a salaryman... well these are simply larger in size and non-metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.