Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A shout out to the crew of ac8844 today and the station staff at yyt

A shout out to the crew of ac8844 today and the station staff at yyt

Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
My experience was with my non-electronic, far from elaborate raincoat that had slipped between armrest and wall while using it as a cushion, and remained aboard when I arrived in HKG. Despite supplying the flight, date, city, and seat number to AC and DMing with them for about a week, during which they were "looking for it", it was clear they were doing nothing of the kind, and it was languishing in lost property at the airport. One call by AC check in (on my return flight) and I had a room number in the basement to go to, where a guy in a room filled floor to ceiling with lost property had my raincoat on his desk.
So, I concur that lost property is not necessarily purloined property, but AC (institutionally) does a supremely crappy job assisting passengers to be reunited with it, despite individual AC employees doing personally good jobs.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by dread_specter
You wouldn't want to know how many expensive DSLRs with lens kits (we're talking 3-4-5 lenses) go unclaimed every month then... It's rather mind boggling. People think that things get lost and they get stolen, so they never actually try to get their things back. I can tell you that a lot of the people working in the airline industry are very passionate about what they do and would never lose their job for trinkets, even expensive ones. The weirdest and apparently most insignificant things get returned, but they often go unclaimed. But there's a literal tonne of lost objects that are left for dead that could've been reunited with their owners had they tried.
To be honest, I assumed a passenger took it, rather than an airline employee.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flyquiet
My experience was with my non-electronic, far from elaborate raincoat that had slipped between armrest and wall while using it as a cushion, and remained aboard when I arrived in HKG. Despite supplying the flight, date, city, and seat number to AC and DMing with them for about a week, during which they were "looking for it", it was clear they were doing nothing of the kind, and it was languishing in lost property at the airport. One call by AC check in (on my return flight) and I had a room number in the basement to go to, where a guy in a room filled floor to ceiling with lost property had my raincoat on his desk.
So, I concur that lost property is not necessarily purloined property, but AC (institutionally) does a supremely crappy job assisting passengers to be reunited with it, despite individual AC employees doing personally good jobs.
And Toronto Airport does not help. They have a lost and found office, yet claim they will not assist or get involved with something left on an aircraft.

(From the website talking about lost items):

On an airplane (including lost luggage) must contact the airline directly.
On the UP Express: Must file a Lost & Found report at
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Unfortunately, probably YYT specific.
I cannot see such a thing happening at YYZ.
Interestingly enough, several years ago my Bose headphones were returned in YYZ after being left in the seat pocket, have also had them returned in YHZ as well. I stopped leaving them after the YYZ incident.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.