Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Variation in AQD earned for same flight/booking class?

Variation in AQD earned for same flight/booking class?

Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
What has this come to that people are trying to spend MORE per mile. This is crazy.
I'm with Stranger: get more AQD by taking more trips spending LESS per mile.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Not if the goal is to "up my AQD per mile".
Of course. But let's not be pedantic, true goal is renewing status.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
What has this come to that people are trying to spend MORE per mile. This is crazy.
I'm with Stranger: get more AQD by taking more trips spending LESS per mile.
Funny thing is, I ended up more on the other side of this. I don't particularly want to travel more, but I want to renew status. So I have been buying P fares lately, without caring too much about prices. Within reason that is, ad I was not too far from the $20k goal anyway.

That Aeroplan miles are looking like they are worth less by the day also helps I guess.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:44 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TechTrainer
Yes, conceptually my question is answered.
My challenge now is I've got 81K in miles this year, and 14K in AQD. I need to see how I can up my AQD per mile on future bookings to reach SE for 2018.
Glad we were able to help. My calculator is actually available on FT (here), so feel free to use that to help you plan out your stuff and double-check AC's calculations.

As for increasing AQD/mile, it's not hard. Buy higher fares

Although as others have suggested, simply travelling more would probably be the preferred solution of most FTers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.