Wiki Posts
Search

Shortest AC flight in the US

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
This thread brings up another question though - what's the shortest AC flight in general? Off the top of my head, YVR-YCD is 33 miles. Anything shorter than that? Has AC ever flown YYZ-YTZ?
Does it count if the wheels never touched down at YTZ?

4 go-arounds on YUL-YTZ and then a diversion to YYZ is my closest - but we were only a couple hundred feet above the threshold in YTZ.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by AirCanadaFlyer
I did YTZ-YUL-FLL today and tomorrow FLL-YYZ, does that count as YTZ-YYZ since it's only 24 hours?
If you get miles credited as YTZ-YYZ then yes.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 200K, SPG PLAT, HH DIAMOND
If you get miles credited as YTZ-YYZ then yes.
Forget it, Ill take the miles to FLL and back....could be a cool story but I prefer the miles...
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:43 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I had a HOU-IAH after diverting to HOU due to weather at IAH a couple years ago. Same issues with not being able to get off the plane etc. What was especially frustrating about that occurrence was I ended up missing an IAH-BOG connection and getting stuck on a redeye instead. Could have easily caught a cab and made the flight no problem if CBP had been more flexible.

Although it did provide for a moment of great levity when my client and I dashed all the way across IAH, thinking we might just make our connection, only to be told by the UA GA that our plane was gone. Despite the jetbridge still being hooked up.

Tell us the boarding door is closed and we're SOL, fine. But don't insult our intelligence by telling us that's not our plane.

Anyway, HOU-IAH is longer than EWR-LGA, so I can't beat OP
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: TK *G
Has AC ever flown YYZ-YTZ?
Yes. I even got a screenshot of it.

That's the day or the day after Toronto was hit by the icy rain.
Attached Images  
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Canadian used to fly YXD YEG.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
And Cree flies YFA-ZKE. Point is?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Please elaborate.

Hard to imagine this was a scheduled flight, but then again the concept of two airports per city (one int'l, one domestic) was invented before I was born.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Please elaborate.

Hard to imagine this was a scheduled flight, but then again the concept of two airports per city (one int'l, one domestic) was invented before I was born.
It was how the flew TB out of the muni. They would touch the pavement at the international. I don't remember it carrying on for long.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Shortest real flight is likely YYZ-ROC (105 miles) or YVR-SEA (127 miles). YVR-SEA runs all the time, ROC I'm not sure if it's only seasonal, hence the qualification.
Yes it is, I took it once, albeit this flight is easily canceled.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by AirCanadaFlyer
Sorry, I guess it was pretty stupid of me to bring up an IRROPS flight which I thought was kind of a neat experience. I guess you guys are just too cool to even consider this interesting.

Mods - maybe we shoud shut down this thread as it's making people mad.
Don't be so hard on yourself. It is just a fun thread. And a good lesson that anything can be made to look negative.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:51 am

It wasn't AC, it was AirBC on behalf of AC, but CLM-SEA would probably win.
(regularly scheduled YYJ-CLM-SEA)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
That's the shortest one I can think of, too. YVR-YYJ is marginally longer.

I wonder whether AC ever operated flights between the different airports on Vancouver Island (which could be marginally shorter than YVR-YCD), but otherwise I can't think of any other flights that would be shorter.
Not AC metal but AC does codeshare (or did a couple years ago, anyway) some 9M flights YBL-YQQ-YVR.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Again in an IRROP situation, I have flown SZX-HKG, definitely my shortest ever flight at
24 miles.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by CZBB
It wasn't AC, it was AirBC on behalf of AC, but CLM-SEA would probably win.
(regularly scheduled YYJ-CLM-SEA)
As someone who takes the Coho Ferry on occasion when I have moved a car between CLM-YYJ, that crossing from downtown to downtown is only 22 miles per the ferries announcement. YYJ is further up the Saanich peninsula though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.